Algorithm hall of fame and code examples: sorting, shuffling, dev tools

This week’s update features a library by @Twiger_Fluff that implements a few basic string operations (replace, find etc). It also has supports for unbounded arrays (implemented as strings). Check it out! Working String Manipulation (no *script used) (substring, substr, indexOf, contains, replace)

2 Likes

This week, I added some Javascript tricks that may be very helpful during development and debugging (see top post). As usual, remember *script is not fully supported (and frowned upon at times) and may make your story unpublishable. Still, I believe these extensions may make your life much easier when you write your story. Have fun!

3 Likes

This is really cool. My small suggestion is to make it a table instead of a list.

2 Likes

Thank you for this! It’s already helped me out with my own game.

For the record, my two contributions don’t require *script and won’t make your game unpublishable. They require edited versions of the Choicescript engine. The stats-generating extension requires you to add specially-formatted *comment lines to your game specifically so vanilla Choicescript won’t care and will ignore the changes.

2 Likes

I’ve edited OP to include the table. @choicehacker, can you edit it? @Sargent does the note I included make sense? @Twiger_Fluff as well, can you take a look at the note and check if it makes sense?

1 Like

Thanks @Sargent for the clarification and thanks @cup_half_empty for the table. I didn’t know one could edit other people’s posts! What’s the magic trick?

It’s because its a wiki, so anyone can edit. Otherwise it would not be possible. It’s common courtesy however not to edit someone else’s post, I only did that to save you time formating the table (in case you decide to use it).

2 Likes

Yep, perfect!

In this particular case, we made the OP a wiki, so everyone can collaborate together. This is a project that more than one person adds to.

Meaning it is ok to edit it without fear of breaking rules.

3 Likes

Thanks. It’s confusing because my name remains there even after the edits. I may add a disclaimer on top.

1 Like

Well… in the forum software’s eyes… you started this “discussion.”

Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

Hey, there. I think @HannahPS’s gender and pronoun code sample would fit it in here. What do you think?

5 Likes

That’s a nice idea! I’ve added it onto the original post.

3 Likes

Updated with @Flurrywinde11 's [Tool] Text Image

1 Like

Weekly update, with a new collaborative entry by @annwu23 and @cup_half_empty

4 Likes

I can’t take credit for that. :relaxed: This one goes to @annwu23.

And I have an inkling suspicion my user handle will show up there soon enough. wink wink :wink:

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: How to See Code on Dashingdon.com

Hi all, I updated the top table to include 🧰 [TOOL] CSLIB - ChoiceScript Library. We hope that the library will grow to become a one-stop shop for all CS developers. We’d love if other developers added their code and ideas there!

7 Likes

I added (oldskool) Notepad++ and the 3 syntax highlighters I could find**

I wondered about adding this (Master List), but there didn’t seem to be an appropriate section (when I started, that list was really helpful, but no longer seems to be stickied?)

** yes I know, shameless self-promotion!)

3 Likes

I humbly request the addition of:

General algorithms in Choicescript

Name Description Credits
Yet another inventory system Inspired by Twiger_Fluff’s Implementation of Lists this module gives the writer the ability of creating inventories with number quantities for their game! @nocturno

I think this tool should be in this thread too! Its soo useful! I wish I had found it before coding something like that from the ground up, without having proper knowledge to do so… lol!

4 Likes