Zombie Exodus: Stronghold (Chapters 1-2 demo)

JFC… Why can’t we get Safe Haven finished first before another epic ZE game!!!

-Asking rather politely, mind you.

1 Like

This one has more or less been written already, it’s just being ported over to CS and added to a little; I’m not too worried about ZESH, it’s still set to be sent in for publishing early next year

5 Likes

I must say I love the premise so far. The perks and flaws look especially interesting. I always wanted to have a MC that is at a significant physical disadvantage, so I was delighted to find chronic illness flaw there. I wonder does the perks and flaws change the way story progress and how characters interact with you? I’m wondering does chronic illness or PTSD flaw, for example, would make characters more worry about MC?

1 Like

As @Sujan_Dhakal mentioned, this one is mostly written. I receive at least 2 messages a week asking how to play Stronghold.

Also, I find that writing 20,000-25,000 words per month of a game is the maximum amount I can produce before I feel burnt out.

Yes, some more than others, though. For example, something like Rapid Learner won’t have as much impact on the text. It comes to play when you level up your character’s skills. Something like Moral Qualms will have more impact if you are faced with combat often. It can make for some really great, challenging characters. Imagine a soldier with Moral Qualms and Traumatic Flashbacks.

14 Likes

I am so happy Stronghold came to Hosted Games. Stronghold can now be read at its full potential because Storyloom’s limitations are not here.

5 Likes

That sounds amazing!! I can’t wait to read it :face_holding_back_tears: I really do hope we get more RO interactions tho. I feel ZESH has so many RO which made it difficult to write a lot of romance interactions, but this one isn’t as much. (You still did an amazing job with the RO tho in ZESH, I actually especially loved when a sudden romantic line appeared in a normal scene, such as while eating with Jamie he wiped MC’s mouth with his finger. Those lines are like surprise little gifts! :smiling_face:)

3 Likes

This is awesome! I played the original before the company went under and having it expanded is gonna be such a GREAT thing. Anything zombie exodus is always great.

Cannot wait to see what you add/change from the original! Best of luck!

3 Likes

Chapter 2 has been added to the test version. A change log has been added, which shows more major updates. However, a few choice options were added in chapter 1.

For those asking about the plot of the game, your character always becomes infected at the end of chapter 1. The priority, at least at this stage, is to see how long you can outlast the virus.

19 Likes

is it necessary to play the other zombie exodus games before playing this one?

1 Like

Nope

No but this is one of the first shelters set up by government that is still standing for now. This just takes place 1 year after the zombie outbreak. MC was lucky they got in before it was too late

The shelter wasn’t set up by the government. This is a luxury shelter set up by a private company.

2 Likes

Well it is still one of the first places set up to survive even if that not its original purpose by the owners

So ive read through most of this story while it was on Storyloom. Even so, there are new elements to it and I feel like the story is brought to life in a whole new way. I appreciate it. I know you have a lot of stories to write on your plate, but take all the time you need for the quality work you bring to the table. Thanks!

3 Likes

sister i didn’t understand anything that you said

This is pretty neat!