Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven: Part Three Discussion Thread

So basically she was stalking us if we go there early game. I thought the cat was alone all this time but I guess not.

She says in Part 1 that Vince spoke highly of MC’s skills and talents (not sure what she says he says if MC’s got zeroes in everything) but in Part 1 she pings as “off” to high Empathy MC, even before the Part 2 reveal that she’s a spy and has been preparing for the zombie apocalypse for some time. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’d been doing some “checking up” of her own prior to the Part 1 meeting.

4 Likes

True but she was kind of sus before that since she basically kept to herself before the dead arrived. I’m still on the fence with her since she could be hiding more secrets

2 Likes

She didn’t really live in Nightfall, and PC is mentioned to have met her in passing but not really know her—which is fair IMO, because her cover story is that she’s Vince’s cousin and Vince and PC are neighbors (on decent but not close terms), not friends. If anything, her trying to reach out to her cousin’s neighbor (and specifically the PC rather than Fred/Billie/Sean or other people) prior to the apocalypse would be more odd than her only meeting them in passing.

@Christopher_Bull Close as in “geographically close” or close as in “makes sense she’d know of her supposed close cousin’s (it’s unlikely Vince and Rachel are relatives beyond their cover) neighbors”?

And yeah, I agree that she definitely looked into MC’s history and talents on her own (but I think her reaching out and befriending MC beyond the expected niceties would have been odd without the apocalypse, which is why she didnt).

3 Likes

She was close since she would visit Vince who we can assume is dead or worse.

2 Likes

Eh, I doubt Vince is dead, given that he is the one who trained Rachel in the first place, so he must be even more skilled and equipped than Rachel, and he is most likely surviving somewhere, either alone or with a group.

Concerning Rachel and Vince spying on us, I believe they have been spying on the MC for a long time, possibly even during the same time period when Rachel was doing missions months before the outbreak. I’m not sure how long, but it must be long and extensive enough given that they know certain details about the MC that have been kept hidden, such as their criminal background.

5 Likes

Although were never really told why Rachel cared enough to investigate main character at start of the story, for some backgrounds it make sense.

Thank you for pointing those errors out.

To everyone:
I’m hoping to make changes to the Jillian pregnancy storyline in the next public beta next month. I’m hoping to do it early in the month, hopefully around April 10.

8 Likes

Hi Jim! I’m not sure if you saw my post above:

Playing as a Teenager in Part 3, I got to the point where the character is prompted about any potential attractions within their group while at the junkyard. My only option is “I’m not interested in anyone” but when I go to check my stats, my Main Romantic Interest is shown as Madison.

Is this a bug, or is it a deliberate feature because of the of the characters in question?

I can provide screens if necessary. Just wanted to run it by you in case anyone else is having the same issue. I’ve tried it a few times, starting fresh each time and I keep running into the same thing.

Ok so I think I’m missing something super obvious, but how do you set up a water collector? The option has been grayed out for me on every playthrough.

Do you have a water collector in your inventory? I have had one in my inventory (made in Part 1) that I set up in Part 2 and later recycled in Part 3 (it’s not a consumable device).

I never picked one up, if it’s a craftable item then I’ll build the workshop to see if I can build one with that set up, cheers.

It’s both a craftable (as early as Part 1) and pickup (in Part 3, at the research facility).

4 Likes

@JimD

Will we be able to change our group name later throughout the game?? I don’t want to start over to fix my groups name.

1 Like

can anyone help me with assigning my survivors on a specific task on chapter 7 that provides the best result or is their any guide available for that

See if this helps: Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven: Part Three Discussion Thread - #616 by fairlyfairfighter

So I decided to replay Zombie Exodus safe haven part one again I just got to part 2 again so I have a question ? what determines the nephew to cock block you in tent part I had save files when we showed up at the tent and some when he didn’t

I think he only does it when you have certain romance options.

2 Likes

I just finished the game, and before the game finished Rachel was pretty sick and ended up collapsing, I wanted to know if this happens no matter what you do?

Also, in my play through Jamie became leader, and at the end he ended up leaving Monica, Anders, and the the kid, is that something I also can’t change?

Yeah, Rachel will always get sick. Woman does not take care of herself.

2 Likes