Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven: Part Three Discussion Thread

This a very specific question but is it possible to get a marijuana cig in part 1/early part 2? Trying to get it for special trade with Jude.

1 Like

I think there needs to be more Mary Jane in general for the character. But the trading is exactly my thinking. I want to be a post-apocalyptic weed farmer so badly. I believe Jim said he actually plans on incorporating the ability to grow cannabis at some point, so there’s that.

Notice my upgrades to the junkyard are not changing anything to the it’s offense/defense rating. Anyone else experience this?

2 Likes

Yes, In part 2 in chapter 6, when choosing whether to go to the lake with Tommy, Bailey and the twins, to go to the caravan with Rachel, Woody and Jaime, or to stay at the camp, go to the caravan. Then scavenge the caravan.

Make sure your scavenging skill is at least 65.

1 Like

Btw the UFC does have female fighters on the roster.

1 Like

Yes, they signed their first female fighter, Ronda Rousey, in November 2012. Which means that in May 2012, hoping the UFC would admit women eventually was eminently reasonable.

2 Likes

Right i keep forgetting this is in 2012 lol

Also I see the camp increases when other people reinforce it after the new day summary, but not when my character reinforces it. I started the part 3 over and just didnt upgrade the junkyard as it seemed like a waste.

1 Like

Is that a glitch? Has to be. I also still notice weird things in Part 3, like when you do the reinforcements, the descriptions describe what needs to be done, then that’s it. Also, they’ll say things like, “up to 4 survivors can do this at once,” making you think you’ll assign some members to aid in the task, but then that’s it. It can be awkward and disjointed.

Part 3 definitely needs another combover.

2 Likes

I noticed when I build a watchtower the option to build never goes away and just wastes 15 minutes everytime you decide to do it. At first I thought you could just build lots of watch towers but the resource consumption didn’t make sense as I no longer had enough wood to create anymore.

1 Like

It seems there’s a little mess with the code. I’m extremely surprised no one has really mentioned it here, at least from what I’ve seen. But no one should be too critical. Safe Haven is a coding juggernaut, let alone the writing.

I just now completed my “perfect” Part 2 run, so it looks like I’ll have to wait to start my Part 3.

3 Likes

Yeah I hear you, zombie exodus is massive and has to account for a lot. Love this game, bought like 3 different times over the years. This is my first time getting around to part 3 so I will complete this run then wait a long while like I usually do. Whenever I replay I also start over from part 1, so hopefully by the next time I play some of the bugs in part 3 will be ironed out.

2 Likes

I’m actively working on fixing some of the building issues. It’s what I’m working on tonight. I apologize for the bugs. It’s definitely been much more challenging to code Part 3 than anything else I’ve written.

8 Likes

We can only imagine! No apologies necessary, Jim. Honestly, I don’t know how you do so much at once and manage to maintain your level of quality!

5 Likes

He makes a wise use of time, probably.

8 Likes

It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that pun

3 Likes

Question: do you only have the first day where you can choose to do different things throughout the camp?

1 Like

Which things are you referring to?

1 Like

Like going to the store with reilly, working on cars etc

1 Like

Pretty much, yes. Certain things, like setting up a place to live or planning/carrying out improvements to the junkyard, can be done during the later interchapters. But exploring Eli and Kevin’s house, visiting the gas station/convenience store, and scouting the area with Rachel can be done only in Ch8. Also, it’s your last chance to indulge in your hobbies in Part 3.

2 Likes