Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven, Part 4 Public Beta - updated 2/1/2024, 461,000+ words

I am very new to hosted games and dont know how it works. On Zombie exodus safe haven, everything up to part 3 is canon and wont be altered in the future right?

Is that mean we will take Jillian in second trimester?

1 Like

I love jillian and I love our baby I don’t care :sob: I’m way too invested into this parenthood

3 Likes

Is it always your bb or can it be Lyle’s? I’m a sucker for drama.

Currently: always lyle’s

Planned: If you’re male and in a relationship, it’s yours. If you get her BC, it’s likely Lyle’s. Otherwise, it’s Lyle’s.

3 Likes

Wow. I wasn’t expecting such a prompt response. If it’s not possible, them’s the breaks, I’ll still be looking at being a patron. $5 a month is a small price to pay, if it helps support a product I’ve gotten far more out of than the price point. Seriously, Jim, kudos.

I really love option A because it is easier for you and we get to be the father of the child AND/OR have a pregnant npc to interact with.

1 Like

Ugh me too, I really like Jillian and I think raising a baby in the Apocalypse of all places is amazing. I do hope that JimD decides to add that our own female or even nb MC’s can get pregnant with other RO’s. I want to see MC raise a little baby in this dark atmosphere, plus I think it will give the MC’s another reason to live in the new world and pave a way for the next generation.I wonder how the story might differ if Lyle is dead, will his daughter try and be in the babies life? Also I am the same as you, my MC is very much okay with the child being Lyle’s and raising the child as his own.

5 Likes

my personal opinion I have played as Captain and I have saved the Rose and driver because to me there are the valuables ones in the group involving other survivors I have 20 in the beginning in part two I don’t trust the new Army personal reasons when you think about it who gives themselves the name new Army it’s the people who want to be in charge the people who want to give orders out even though they might be wrong that’s the problem I view the new Army I just have trust issues involving that name involving other survival groups I I’m still on part 1 part 2 I just got to wait for part 4 and then I’ll buy then I’ll buy part 3 and part 4 that is how I feel comfortable But I really want to know the whole story about the new army how they came to be and the organization involving it to me it just feels wrong Like something is not right

1 Like

The saves are mixing with other games, can you change mygame to something else :pray:

Is there a specific way that you want to handle them? I have planned ways that you will be both allies and enemies with them.

I generally do not like to change major plot points in published content. Anything in open beta is subject to change based on lots of factors, including feedback. So much has changed related to feedback, I don’t think I could ever list it all.

That seems reasonable.

I think I’m going back to the former way of providing the most player agency.

Thank you! I really wish it was possible. It’s really tough to test the game before it’s published without actual save files.

It would be a huge undertaking. I may even make it its own game.

9 Likes

I meant can you do a massive amount of damage to them like you can to the Silverthorne Militia despite the New Army being a lot bigger and better armed

2 Likes

I think people want to deal with them in one of three ways: enmity (and a possible alliance with the Vanguards against the NA), alliance (possibly against the Vanguards as well as other opposed groups), or three-way alliance between the NA, Vanguards, and the Junkyard Group (ideally with MC as Faulkner and Goodman’s successor, and at the very least re-unifying the Army).

2 Likes

I mean… isn’t kinda bringing a baby to a apocalypse kinda mean? That kid won’t know anything but survival.

Each to their own though.

1 Like

I really think it is how you look at it. Having a child can be seen as something joyful and wonderful no matter the stress at least to my MC. Is it mean for the child to grow up in this new world? I would say is traumatic for the Nephew because he actually knew another way of life just like all the other saviors but a child growing up when the zombie apocalypse has already started wouldn’t know the difference. Will it be tough? Hundred percent yes. But I think the child would be happy especially is the people came before them made a safe haven for them which to live.

8 Likes

Beginning my third read through, noticed several misspellings/grammar/colloquialisms, some that will likely escape spellcheck. In one instance (I believe it’s from Jude, when you ask about Reilly, you use the phrase "he doesn’t mix words, the phrase is mince words. Also I found an instance where I’m sure you meant Being, but typed Boeing, as Boeing is a huge corporation, this will likely be recognized as correct spelling. I’ll do my best to catalogue the others. Also, one small issue regarding a double standard. Please make college student MC able to choose Madison as a RO, I’m not saying any of the other paths should have this option, but as Brody and Bailey can become a thing, seems a double standard, to say nothing of the other adult ROs who don’t bat an eyelash about dating your teen MC. Maddie is my favorite, but the teen penalties are pretty harsh. Also, the items found in the storage locker could be processed into morphine/epinephrine with the proper knowledge (science/medicine), maybe add a response option that reflects this…

1 Like

The Boeing/Being stuff is probably made up so real life places, characters, companies, etc won’t appear in the game.

Not gonna lie, after reading the last bit of part 3 in the Silverthorne camp, I would be interested to play a playthrough as one of the members in that camp and see their lifestyles.

I’ve never been fond of the ‘bringing a baby in a apocalyptic scenario trope’, so I’m probably very biased about this. I just see it more on the selfish side, even if the survivors finds a ‘safe-haven’, which they haven’t yet, just the constant threat of death and not being able to give the kid a normal childhood, I would just feel bad. As I said, each to their own because if he adds this, it’s probably going to be optional, hopefully.

2 Likes

I can see your side however I guess I dont really mind the trope. As of right now in his newletter he said he will make it optional.