Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven, Part 4 Public Beta - updated 2/1/2024, 461,000+ words

I realised that if you kill Cliff and Dee at the end, it would be count as a survivor kill, not a raider kill, is this an oversight? Or intentional?

2 Likes

They are hard to define. Are they survivors or raiders?

6 Likes

Well in part 3 Cliff and Dee’s group did rob a scientist, and from the part 4 beta they kidnap Kevin and torture him, so they kinda lean more on the raider side

7 Likes

Fair points. I will change it.

10 Likes

I spent a bit of time thinking on this, and I would say that if a group’s survival success metric is measured by how predatory they are, then they are raiders instead of generic survivors.

That means the Paynes, the Forest Rats, and the Silverthornes (because of their leadership), with the Red Mambas straddling the fence and swaying mightily. I feel the RMs can be nudged toward more positive ways, Silverthornes and Forest Rats are TBD based on their leadership, and as for the Paynes…well, as Marlo Stanfield said to Prop Joe when Joe asked if he could just leave town, “Joe, you know you’ll be up to mischief in no time. Truth is you won’t be able to change up any more than me.”

3 Likes

I feel like they should all be classified as survivors because a lot of this is semi-up to interpretation And a dead person is a dead person

When you think about it, depending how you play your MC and run your group, they can be just as bad (if not worse) than anyone or any group we’ve ran into so far. Individual murder, mass murder, torture, robbery and extortion…

I think it’d be a cool statistic to add to a future part that shows the level of fear and notoriety your group has amongst outside groups/individuals. And then have the interactions with new people you meet be kinda shaped by that.

5 Likes

You can easily run your group in a way that would quality for them as raiders. I’ve never done it but I wouldn’t doubt that Jim has some level of external rep reactivity to it.

4 Likes

To be fair I see a re-election happening since he almost killed Sean unless u stop him. That was a pretty powerful statement as him as leader and lots of people were disturbed by it. Someone might replace him as leader if things like that keep happening

2 Likes

I already finished 2nd play through I played a teen raider that good at shooting and persuading and other things. He manipulates his best friend into becoming leader get him in I’m way of thinking that we must put other groups under our heel to survive. I cant wait to see how it all end.

1 Like

Im just curious since this is the apocalypse are we going to encounter some Evil cannibals cult which is a huge threat?

1 Like

It wouldn’t be surprising since anyone would do anything to survive. I don’t see it being a problem yet since there are still tons of supplies around before it gets that bad

1 Like

Just don’t surprised when some groups respond in kind aka: the biker group, Silverthornes. I might try a similar path to yours.

The Makarovs to me are like the walking dead terminus group they don’t care who they steal or kill for their survival and they enjoy the chaos of the new world. I don’t know if they are cannibals yet but it a family of crazes won’t be long.

1 Like

So true which why the sooner we put bullet in their head the better. They still rob us even if we got rid of rioter’s earlier in the game. He just couldn’t give us the slip despite that.

Hello, I want to ask how to get a water collector? I have played it many times but I still can’t get the water collector. Can you tell me how to get it? Thank you.

1 Like

I have been wondering the same thing for a while now. Also the bug is still here for Jaime and Racheal when they are leader. They never build anything

Even if we are the leader if we start on the demo we haven’t built anything if i remember correctly the author said they would add something about that.

Water collector: I think there is one maybe two places when you find them while exploring.

Also if you build the basic workshop, you can craft one there. However, it isn’t automatically put into service. you have to use one of your base action slots to set one up. Each one you set up will require using one of those slots.

I remember you can get one during the trip with Reilly and Madison. I just forgotten, if you need high scavenging in order for it to appear among the choices.