Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven, Part 3 - releasing 3/3/2022

A potential way to implement this could be to add the leader’s name to the work board. So a leader MC could also assign themselves a daily task, which would take up some hours and cause fatigue, etc.

And if Rachel or Jaime is leader, they could also assign themselves daily tasks. It would make sense with Rachel’s hardworking nature that she would want to do as much as possible. And Jaime, while he is a lot more chill, he’d at least be down to keep watch or something, possibly?

I 100% agree with this. He’s an 8 year old child. The whole zombie apocalypse started less than a month ago, and up until then he was just a normal kid. It makes sense that he would want to help, but doesn’t have the skills yet.

Ah, I really like the idea of a mental health stat for the nephew. For example, if there’s war with the Silverthornes later on and the MC chooses to bring the nephew along, that could be a big mental health hit, due to him being exposed to war at age 8, etc.

14 Likes

I don’t do raider playthrough, my friend i do all playthrough

3 Likes

There should be an option to tell it to the trio (or just Sharif and Ayana) if the PC knows about that particular policy of the Silverthornes.

3 Likes

It’s a good idea but then you would effectively still lose someone from performing a task to spend time supervising him. It’s possible I could do it to train the nephew in crafting or just even assign him to make him feel better and give him discipline, but not have it contribute to the overall task completion.

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Can you explain it more please?

Yes, this is what I was getting out above. I will see if I can add this. It may be down the road, because I have so much to add but I like how this gives the nephew more depth.

First off, thank you for pointing out those errors. I really like this idea and can’t believe I missed it. Well, I can believe I missed it, but thank you for pointing it out :slight_smile:

I modified this chart but it’s not working so well. Thanks for the screenshot.

15 Likes

Can the characters in this game get pregnant? I know that seems like a stupid question but none of the characters, even the MC, care about protection. Now, I’m pretty sure that a female MC wouldn’t be allowed to become pregnant since that might ruin the whole story. But playing through my playthrough I expect the character I’m romancing to become preggos by now.

I wonder if there will be a scene in the future similar to The Walking Dead where Glenn finds some birth control pills in the pharmacy store?

9 Likes

Pretty sure you can get jillian birth control so it’s a possibility :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

It’s been a week in game-time. She has yet to experience the signs of pregnancy, if she is pregnant at all. Plus, it’s not trye that conception (or the events leading to conception) even occurred on the hilltop for every straight female PC.

6 Likes

Maybe for the nephew you can have him take care of the gardens and chicken coop when they’re added. Those are very simple tasks that children can do. Basically simple farm work, weeding, watering, cleaning, feeding, all pretty common sense even for a kid.

16 Likes

No problem! Glad i can help :blush:

1 Like

I’m hoping you can slowly, VERY slowly turn your nephew into a savage zombie killer like Ellie from The Last Of Us

4 Likes

were you also hoping the mc got killed like joel ? because that’s how ellie turn into a savage zombie killer

5 Likes

That would be an interesting idea… have the game continue through your nephew’s eyes

1 Like

Not a bad idea :thinking:

1 Like

As a doctor/medic their maybe should be some alternative to asking about Ayana when at the station, like does she have X or Y. Sharif and Ayana also maybe more likely to go with a medical professional.
Also while in your quarters as a scientist studying the virus there could be an option to work on it for x amount of hours.

5 Likes

Jim, the nephew can still help as a challenge. I don’t know how advanced you want to get about it but you could train the nephew in an area such as scavenging or crafting or survival and shooting for hunting so he can become an option to help the team but it would require a time sacrifice and a related skill check. The result would have to be worth the effort though or no one will do it except for flavor.

The easy way would be to allow the nephew to be assigned but it creates an event where you have to be around the junkyard (not on a mission) at a certain time to help or help be sent back to his comics or the project fails because of him. Something along those lines.

Alternatively you could make the nephew trainable from the start like the pet and train him to bring up skills you are adept at 1 point each time. Ie: you are adept or better at empathy science medical survival and scavenging then when you spend the time to train him you improve 3 of his skills up 1 level.

As a further challenge balance you could make it so having the dependent challenge gives NO extra skill points at the start but dives bonus points each chapter to make up for it. Makes spending your points and time much more challenging in order to earn the benefits the nephew eventually reaps.

The same could be done for the pet. If we have been spending the time training the let them it can do things associated with its type. Example, a cat could help with chores or watch duty to keep animals away such as rats. Or maybe make the cats a better stealth tool and dogs a camp tool. A trained dog husky could help scavenge and with improvements, the German Shepard with hunting and watch duty, etc. the drawback is the time spent training the pet, I’d say a good check would be training level 3.

4 Likes

So chores. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome!!

1 Like

I don’t think I played that route yet or vaguely remember her asking the MC about it but I didn’t get her the pills. I didn’t see any options to where to find the pills anyways.

It’s been a week in game-time. She has yet to experience the signs of pregnancy, if she is pregnant at all. Plus, it’s not trye that conception (or the events leading to conception) even occurred on the hilltop for every straight female PC.

Oh, yea I forgot it’s been a week since the zombies invasion but didn’t felt like a week with all the things that happened.

2 Likes

Why can’t I romance Rachel as a teenager?

1 Like

Because she is an adult, and you (Teen!MC) are not.

8 Likes