Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven, Part 3 - releasing 3/3/2022

Can anyone tell me how to get threesome scene in part 3?

2 Likes

@Sadjarwo_Koesri
They are not written yet.

3 Likes

How to chase him away?

1 Like

If you have high electronic skill and a charged laptop, you can hack into the grocery store intercom, where you have the option to intimidate or persuade him to leave

2 Likes

Skills wise itā€™s simple math. Most efficient background builds?

Total skills through part 2 assuming max upgrades and 3 challenges (most popular being pet owner, child dependent and in my opinion kleptomania) and fully custom background puts you at about 125-140 (age and challenge dependent) Ā± starting skills plus 3 skill checkpoints determined by intelligence max being 4 points each time totaling at about 137-152 points.

Now who has the advantage in spending?

Normal adult professions start with about 140 skill points and 2 professions that can go beyond level 5. Cost outside of professions:
0-1 = 1
1-2 = 2
2-3 = 3
3-4 = 4
4-5 = 5
Total of 15 per skill to max to level 5 outside of profession. Only limited romance is Madison and Brody. Colorful backgrounds and some unlocked story content plus items.
140/15 = 9/18 superior skills in total. 2 of those will be discounted and enable one more superior for a total of 10/18. 11 skills I would say are worth 4 or higher, and the other 7 you may not need if you specialize in 1-2 fighting styles and focus on leadership and either persuasion or intimidation. Minimum investment required in these remaining skills so this profession falls short by a single skill to be all important skills superior.

Homemaker discount up to skill level maximum of 5 no specialties no personality penalties Iā€™m aware of. 140 starting points.
0-1 = 1
1-2 = 1
2-3 = 2
3-4 = 3
4-5 = 4
Each maxed skill of 5 costs 11. So starting max point advantage, plus discount savings of 4 compared to normal professions per skill maxed out. Limited to skill 5. Only limited romance is Madison and Brody
140/11 = 12.7 skills maxed at superior. This more than covers the essential skills but again you canā€™t surpass superior 5 which limits your max ability and is further limited by your attribute allocation.

College student two specialties, free first level, and discount cost of 1 up to skill 3 with personality penalties. 135 starting points
0-1 = 0
1-2 = 1
2-3 = 2
3-4 = 4
4-5 = 5
Each skill up to 5 costs 12 but can make 2 skills higher than 5 with discounts the entire way for a maximum savings of 5 each.
So starting skill disadvantage of 5 but savings of 3 points per skill up to 3 and can have 2 professions with discounts compared to normal professions. Only limited romance is Madison and Brody.
135/12 = 11.25 with 2 specialization enabling the 12th skills to be superior. This makes it equal to homemaker in raw skill levels but the college student will be able to progress 2 skills behind superior and have the age advantage.

Teen one specialty and personality and attribute penalties. Reduced costs up to skill 5. 125 starting points.
0-1 = 1
1-2 = 1
2-3 = 2
3-4 = 3
4-5 = 4
Each maxed skill of 5 costs 11 but can make 1 skills higher than 5 with discounts the entire way for a maximum savings of 5. However the attribute hit hurts skills to start plus rep penalties at start.
So starting skill disadvantage of 15 with savings of 4 per skill up to 5 and one specialty discount but an attribute and personality penalty. On top of this romances are limited except for Madison and Brody. 125/11 = 11.36 with one specialization maybe brining up to 12 but likely falls short at 4 advanced. On top of this the attribute penalty hurts but there is the age benefit.

Now Jim as said he will time skip at some point so the teenager and college student may get reduced or removed penalties at that point, meanwhile older backgrounds like the homemaker might gain age penalties. Same thing with romance changes unless they were ongoing.

At the current time I would say college student and military builds have the most capability and content.

Check my math. Disagree? Tell us why!

6 Likes

The easier way to balance these decisions that may guide behavior is to ying and yang it. Always provide consequences to go along with the benefits.

For example, to have the group and base stats to save Gina, low supplies and missed opportunities. People who donā€™t care about Gina will let her die. People who do will try to save her. Both should have benefits and consequences.

The easiest example of this is two people will die and you can only save one and CAN fail and lose both. Both deaths need to have individual consequences and greater consequences for both dying.

So for Gina, the players who care have to sacrifice massive resources and time to do so, and the MC should get severely hurt saving her requiring down time and less efficient delegation for tasks a healthy MC could otherwise do. Then possibly prove additional romance option benefits, like Gina taking care of the mc and making the mc heal faster and have special scenes.

An added check could be if you gently prime Eli to know about the undead that he may not rush to open the gate as quickly or at least if he does and is prepared he can start to close it to stem the tide and enable a defense.

2 Likes

@JimD Any possibility of opening up the points so that we can set ALL attributes/skills to max (for beta testing only, obviously)? I only ask because it would save me a LOT of time. I was hoping to do a test run with no points added and compare it to one with the points maxed (plus another 2 as teen). If I can only max out a couple of attributes/skills at a time, the amount of test runs i ill have to do will be significantly larger. If this breaks the game due to coding conflicts or whatever than nevermind, but if not please consider it as my brain will appreciate it.

1 Like

It could also be used as a chance for character development. In part 2, Dante stated that his aim is terrible, and that if anybody die under his aim, he will blame himself for it.
During the zombie attack in the junkyard, he couldā€™ve been one of the few people who couldā€™ve save Gina, if he didnā€™t have any ranged combat training in part 2, Gina will die and that will take a massive toll on him. However if he did have ranged combat training, he could potentally save Gina from the 1st zombie, where it will create a time period where the MC can use his skills such as leadership or combat to save her.
If for say, MC skill in either of those ainā€™t high enough, Gina would not die yet, but only bitten in the leg or something like that. A high science and medicine MC could amputate it and provide medical care to save her, that would make her weaker in combat and unable to go scavenge, but it would save her from death and we will still be able to keep her as an engineer
What do you think?

1 Like

I like it but the bite and medical amputation would be a big splice of story Jim would have to write and account for.

2 Likes

@JimD

The significance of The Reverend and Gina are fairly substantial.

Gina for obvious reasons : Sheā€™s an ass kicking ex military badass, and a romance option. Sheā€™s also something of a surrogate mom to our nephew. Her death being scripted is especially bad

As for the Reverend : Unbeknownst to most, he plays as the de facto therapist and social leader to the group. I feel like, if everyone was to turn into terrible people for the worst and become little better then the infected. The reverend would be the only one to hold onto his humanity. Heā€™s had some problems when we meet him in part 2. For certain. But it seems like that shame carried on with him, and he fights the evil within himself ever since.

Just my thoughts

6 Likes

Talking about the Reverend, can he help to partially negate the schizophrenia challenge, cause i think that his talk could be considered theraphy, and in the challenge section, it say ā€œTreatment with therapy or medication can reduce the prevalence of Delusionsā€

2 Likes

I think that whoever our character has the option to talk to about his problems would qualify. But so far, the reverend seems to be the most legitimate thus far. Remember when he asked us about how we feel and we have the option to say ā€œIā€™m feeling like I canā€™t go onā€. Powerful moment for sure

2 Likes

Slight critique. Maybe people donā€™t mind this, but I find it a bit absurd that Eli would just open the gate for a group of infected like that. Might want to elaborate and clarify why he would. Otherwise, thats a bit much to swallow.

Insanely violent, non verbal, mutilated, mutated and no vehicles. Letā€™s just let them in without telling anyone at all!

I donā€™t buy it. Heā€™s not a simpleton, heā€™s a nice guy that has some alzheimers. He should be able to understand these people are potentially a threat, no matter how friendly and forgetful he is.

14 Likes

To be honest, i am worried more about the fact that nobody noticed it until it was too late. If there are only a few characters in the group then i can believe that there isnā€™t enough people to cover the whole area, however if you have like 20 people, at least 1 shouldā€™ve stop him

5 Likes

There are certainly some plot holes in that scene and I think Jim has also taken notice of them and he might be addressing them in the final draft
Once that is done this scene could become a very exciting part of the game as IMO the game structure is like we have generally 2 stages in first we build or rebuild and in second we are tested upon our efforts

Another thing that could be added is to have MC choose between two survivors, rather than whether to save a single person or not that way our choice would always have a consequence and is more relatable to apocalyptic life

4 Likes

Most definitely

1 Like

I was actually daydreaming about something like this. Like what if Jim just grabs the 3 characters that are scripted to die and instead of outright killing all 3 of them. What if he instead gives us the chance to choose between the three? Like imagine the narration for it :

MC hears a scream, Madison is the first who screams ā€œOh my god!ā€ with the others in tow and now they too are in shock and awe, our character comes in to see whatā€™s up and is surprised to see {Chosen NPC} Dead. With said NPCā€™s death being unique and distinct from the other two.

Like maybe Gina is just a massive carcass with a face that was once our friend. Or the Reverend has his head ripped off and his body is in several different pieces in several different places. Or even worse : Our friendly forgetful host gets the worst of it and was chased into a somewhere else in the junkyard where he was mauled and fed upon and his son tried to come save him, only to arrive too late and watch as his father is being torn to literal shreds.

Any takers on ideas such as this or am I just alone in my train of thought?

4 Likes

I dunno about others,but i can positively,empathetically,absolutely state that your train of thought is 50 shades darker than mine.No offense,a complement.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I take that as a well received compliment. Thank you friend

1 Like

New to this whole CYOA and this is my very first comment.

What I found to be bothering me is that when you are chosen as the leader of your group in book 3 you are able to do a lot of things and I mean a lot of things, from being able to plan new improvements in the junkyard to being able appoint your second-in-command. However should Rachel or Jaime be leader none of that is achievable which means some of the things are inaccessible (e.g clearing debris in the junkyard) and the only way to access them is by becoming leader. I was hoping something could be done about that.

Sorry if this has already been raised as I havenā€™t had the time to read each and every comment made others.

15 Likes