Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven, Part 3 Public Beta - updated 5/1/2021

Part 2:

Click here!

Rachel pauses, then lowers her gun. “Are this place under attack?” She ducks under a window and lifts her head just to peek outside.

Seeing she’s distracting, Checkers takes the opportunity to tackle her to the ground.

Couple of typos here: First should be either “Is this place…?” or “Are we…?” The second should be either “that she’s distracted” or “her distracted”.

“I’m glad to hear you were involved with these museum scum. So stay out of our way and let us deal with them. None of you have a thing to worry about.”

I’m not exactly sure who’s saying this (Thelma?) or if it’s quite right. Why would she be glad we were associating with the museum people? :sweat_smile:

*if attack_result < 3
          He ducks at the last second, and you spray the air over him. 

I assume that this should goto the missgil label, although looking at it, it doesn’t make that much difference.

You hear a gun go off, and Gabriel knocks her over.

Is that supposed to be Gilbert?

Blood spills from the wound, and Louise covers it with his hands, dropping his weapon.

And Luis?

@{carry_ranged Bailey puts his|You slide closer and place your}

Bailey puts her

#“There’s been blood split on both sides. Now you’re even. Trade for your captives and fuel rather than risk the deaths of your group.”

It seems a bit weird to be negotiating for the prisoners’ release if you’ve already released them… :sweat_smile:

It shows for children sitting on a park bench well before the time of the outbreak.

“four children”

#Encourage your group to support you in convincing Cruz to let the prisoners go.

Given the wording, it would be quite nice if Tommy and Lopez being there gave you a slight boost to the stat check.

He looks back at her and
    *if (main_ro = lopez) or (second_ro = lopez)
      shrugs. "Sorry, @{male you're not my type."|I have a bed back at camp."}
    *if (main_ro != lopez) and (second_ro != lopez)
      and returns the smile. "I could use a bed for the night."

Should there be something here for if Lopez is with Tommy?

*if (tommy_killed = 10) or (bailey_killed = 10)

You have your own @{((tommy_killed = 10) and (bailey_killed = 10)) losses|loss} to attend to.
  *if tommy_killed = 10
    Tommy, shot in the head by Thelma's gang, another life needlessly lost to the apocalypse.
  *if bailey_killed = 10
    Bailey, shot by Gilbert during the mayhem of gunfire.
  @{(ideal >= 50) Though fury burns in your heart, you know that peace, a chance for everyone left to live, is infinitely more valuable than revenge.|Fury burns in your heart, and you regret the decision to ever come here.}
  *if (main_ro = "Tommy") or (second_ro = "Tommy")
    *set tommy_ex_ro true
    You lean over Tommy's body and kiss his forehead. His skin is cold against your lips but at least you touched him one last time.
  *if lopez_romance = "Tommy"
    Lopez kisses his own fingertips and touches them to Tommy's lips.
  *if (main_ro = "Bailey") or (second_ro = "Bailey")
    *set bailey_ex_ro true
    You lean over Bailey's body and kiss her forehead. Her skin is cold against your lips but at least you touched her one last time.
  *if brody_bailey_rel
    Brody lifts Bailey's hand and kisses it. A tear drops from his eyes and lands against her cheek.

Everyone in your group helps carry the body.

A few issues here. Firstly, the _ro variables are set to “” if either Tommy or Bailey dies, so the text under those variables will never be read… that is, aside from the second bug: if only one of Tommy and Bailey dies, the code assumes they both have, which would give you the “they’re dead” text without actually killing them. It will break off a relationship with a survivor, though. Also, Lopez can mourn Tommy even if he’s not present. Lastly, if they both die, there’s still only one body at the end. I think this code would work better:

*if (tommy_killed = 10) or (bailey_killed = 10)

You have your own @{((tommy_killed = 10) and (bailey_killed = 10)) losses|loss} to attend to.
  *if tommy_killed = 10
    Tommy, shot in the head by Thelma's gang, another life needlessly lost to the apocalypse.
  *if bailey_killed = 10
    Bailey, shot by Gilbert during the mayhem of gunfire.
  @{(ideal >= 50) Though fury burns in your heart, you know that peace, a chance for everyone left to live, is infinitely more valuable than revenge.|Fury burns in your heart, and you regret the decision to ever come here.}
  *if tommy_killed = 10
    *if (main_ro = "Tommy") or (second_ro = "Tommy")
      *set tommy_ex_ro true
      You lean over Tommy's body and kiss his forehead. His skin is cold against your lips but at least you touched him one last time.
    *if (lopez_romance = "Tommy") and with_lopez
      Lopez kisses his own fingertips and touches them to Tommy's lips.
  *if bailey_killed = 10
    *if (main_ro = "Bailey") or (second_ro = "Bailey")
      *set bailey_ex_ro true
      You lean over Bailey's body and kiss her forehead. Her skin is cold against your lips but at least you touched her one last time.
    *if brody_bailey_rel
      Brody lifts Bailey's hand and kisses it. A tear drops from his eyes and lands against her cheek.

Everyone in your group helps carry the @{((tommy_killed = 10) and (bailey_killed = 10)) bodies.|body.}

Overhearing the conversation, ritual steps over to you and says in a low whisper, “We did not discuss this. Do you really want a mentally disturbed killer joining us?”

Should be Rachel.

I think that was everything. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you once again for your help. I truly appreciate your willingness to help after all of these years.

Thank you for your help!

This is one of the major things I have to fix. It’s definitely on my list.

Yes, I am going to add more opportunities for this.

This is interesting. I thought the pacing was good but I will review that.

11 Likes
One more thing.

Whoops, didn’t spot this one before: if Lopez is there, he always saves Tommy, so this text will never come up.

1 Like

First load option doesn’t work. Always error
2nd there are so many things you can make some even have more space then 200. Yet only 200 is available. 3rd after you click to look at other stations to build the previous one becomes unavailable and you can’t select it again.i had a chicken coop done but where does chicken comes from? I had workshop done but no chance to use it.
There were defense done but I guess I need to put people to make it work and I never got chance as things kept happening or they got built? As I remember reading trench would take time for whole area but not for gate area.still zombie came in.
In scientist place what do you do with plants? Even if you have vegetable house you get no option to use it. At museum even after cruz was dead for dialogue he kept shooting and after dialogue itbwas said by mc that he killed him.

Don’t you think you have put so much here? Chp 12 feels too less? Almost no station has been set up. No chicken or vegetable or crop or anything. Even defense or anything. Most vehicle has not been worked. After first day at that place 1100+ food was eaten. All the food that was there and it turned 0. How on earth few people ate so much? Seriously.event keeps going and gives you no time.

Rest of the game is great. As the series has been

1 Like

Is there going to be polyamorous romance in this game?
Because right now both main RO and 2nd RO are described as girlfriends/boyfriends which is weird because there should be some anger expressed by main RO for MC having a 2nd RO and some jealousy by 2nd RO, which will eventually lead to break up drama.

2 Likes

Well there already is polyamory, considering the threesome in the previous book seemed to leave everyone satisfied.

1 Like

I like the fake normality of the museum, reminds me of Dawn of the Dead. Hope we could take Mel though, she’s not carved out for her crew
Also since we’re in some kind of safe haven, I think it’s natural to have opportunities to restore health?

5 Likes

Wait, what? With who? And what skills/choices do I need to get that?

Sorry for asking soo many questions at once, I did a few playthroughs but had no idea about this so I’m curious.

Will anything get said about Brody, Lopez, Bailey disregarding Rachel and my MC who recognized something was wrong about Gilbert from the beginning and then all five of them almost getting killed? I never expected members of our own group will trust a very suspicious stranger over Rachel and MC, that was very confusing, and even if Rachel and my MC had misjudged everything how do the other three feel it is right to disregard that some of their group are feeling unsafe?

3 Likes

In the 2nd book it’s Gina and Jilian,I just found out myself by playing the game multiple times,
also, your MC needs to be an adult.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s just me but i felt like chapter 10 jump into the action a bit too quickly. It’s a great chapter but I’d like to see more of the group members mourn or just see more of their feelings in the aftermath. Maybe this will be shown in chapter 11 hopefully?

2 Likes

You can clear more space. There is an option to make that a project for your group.

I have a bit more to write about the different buildings, but chickens will be caught eventually. It’s on my list to include more about each building.

Same as above. I’m going to be adding transitions between chapters to allow you to do training, talk to other characters, use the buildings, etc.

Yes, as others have mentioned, they already exist. I will add more. Some characters will be more interested in such an arrangement, while others will not be interested.

Thank you. I thought the museum crew showed an interesting side of survivors in an outbreak.

Yes, once I am done with the story, I intend to go back and write down time activities that happen between chapters.

It’s hard to know how long I should get back to the action after death scenes. Some players like that aspect of games and others want the plot to continue. I’d be interested to hear what others have to say and appreciate your comment.

9 Likes

Oh i forgot to mention this but in chapter 9 when meeting Enola and her family if we choose to examine the kids i think there should be some skepticism if the mc is a teenager

4 Likes

Can someone tell me combination of npc to get polyamorous romance?

I was wondering if there could be another option added when you first encounter the prisoners in the museum, one where you decide not the free them at first because you don’t want try breaking them out without a plan or want to negotiate their freedom first. I understand if you don’t feel this works with how the scene should go though.

8 Likes

I don’t know why, but at first I thought they were cannibals :rofl:

9 Likes

Same here

It’s nice to know I’m not the only one who got cannibal vibes. I thought back to Telltale The Walking Dead :no_mouth:‍:fog:

1 Like

I know for certain these two are compatible - Jillian + Gina

3 Likes

Man, there’s just something about hilltop churches in the zombie apocalypse…

(Photo from State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition for Xbox One).

4 Likes