Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- Part 2 Discussion

So there could be any number of immune hosts who perish before their resistance can come to light, combat wise its only a slight edge that’s most effective against a single and physically weak zombie.

I wonder if there’s more to Woody’s ‘wendigo’ story - could the virus have been affecting some people before the mass epidemic?

Probably. The 2013 reports were the first “known” cases of the virus, but it isn’t a stretch to believe that there were likely cases of it before that date that just weren’t officially counted.

For that matter, JimD could even have fun with communities/civilizations which disappeared with little trace. Perhaps it was a zombie outbreak before it petered out.

So an idea, that’s fairly gruesome (but In a zombie apocalypse that’s kinda a given):

When food runs out people are going to struggle to survive, some will take to farm land well, others that don’t leave the city may not have that option available to them. The implementation of a cannibalistic enemy/faction if the player remains in city would be awesome. Specially for those that made close bonds with survivors that “definitely” won’t get kidnapped.

But just an idea

Yeah, in the original Zombie Exodus, you can successfully create a vaccine, but not a cure for those who are already zombies. This is using information derived from Devlin’s natural immunity—you’re basically conferring the immunity on people who don’t have it naturally. You do also have to stay at the Cathedral; you can’t make the vaccine if you leave.

So I’d probably expect a similar situation for ZE:SH, but I wouldn’t really know :man_shrugging:t2:

I think one of the big reasons for the relative lack of immune individuals in either game, other than how frequent the factors that confer immunity (Or at less asymptomatic expression, as Devlin still had the virus in his body but his immune system was capable of suppressing it.) would be the fact that the only way to know that you were resistant, or immune to the virus would involve being bitten or exposed to bodily fluids of an infected ‘Zombie’.

And given that most people, including the person who was bitten, would know such a thing is a death sentence (The General Idea of if you’re bit you will turn into a monster), I could very well see most immune individuals killing themselves to ironically avoid turning, or being shot by other survivors if they (the Person bitten) were unwilling to end themselves, as you wouldn’t want a newly turned Zombie charging you when your guard was down. And that’s assuming that the immune individual was able to survive the confrontation with the zombie that lead to them being bitten, and given that you would only be in a situation to be bitten when your for lack of a better word losing a fight, its likely quiet a few people die straight off the bat.

Plus, one would have to remember that there would probably be lots desperate, or just plain stupid people who believe they are immune, and say as such, or think a shot of anti-biotics will keep them from turning, only for surprise surprise they turn.

I think Brody needs to be the immune/asymptomatic one in this game, or if not him then Tommy or Reilly. :wink:

I wonder if any of the characters we’ve met so far are indeed secretly immune, too bad the MC themselves are probably not.

Sadly, given Tommy’s “bad ending”, I think he might be a little unlikely to be immune… :sweat_smile:

Walking Dead (both the game and the show; unsure about the comics) had something like this and I loved it! It just showed how far humans will go in dire situations. Honestly, I half-expected Colin (?) from ZE to be like this lol

Then it simply must be Brody, eh? :sweat_smile:

…and Madison. Maybe that’s something what runs in the family? xD

How can you not have Brody and Maddie? Probably a sign I haven’t been involved in beta testing this one.
How big and branchy has this installment actually gotten Jim?

Can’t you just choose to leave them at the school? I’m pretty sure there is an option to talk with Jaime about whom to take and whom to leave back.

Well it has been some time since I played this, besides I could probably never have been that mean to the twins, they’re just so cute/adorable.

Neither could I, hence why I’m not sure if it’s actually possible to leave them there.

OT from the current conversation but do people in the forums really hate jillian? just asking because people in the facebook group hate her with passion lol

I don’t hate her. By tricking or trying to trick the MC she was just doing her job, to me she doesn’t seem any worse than a bank robber for example. I try to judge her based on the way she acts after the MC saves her (and Lyle).

What do people say on fb? Why do they hate her?

Edit: One thing bothers me about her tho, after Lyle died or left she was quite quick to move on to flirting with the MC. Other than wanting revenge when you cross paths with the bandits it doesn’t seems like she lost her lover earlier that day.

i do! i mean i recruit her because strength in numbers and all that (and it fits my character’s personality) but i still do not like her. the second she screws something up for me it’s over for her. :blush:

Personally, I am the same though my characters have different opinions on her. I have two mains at the moment: one of them is mostly neutral towards Jillian but wary, the other doesn’t care that she tried to trick him and wants to protect her anyway.

IIRC it’s because of being a conman and trying to trick their MCs. Kinda hypocritical since some play bank robbers and everyone scavenges lol.

If you don’t mind me asking, why? What about her do you not like? Not a Jill fan or hater; just curious.