Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven General Discussion (Part 3 beta coming in December)

I’m up to 31 playthroughs now…, 2.2 really needs to be realeased soon before I hit 50… my latest “fun build” is an custom office Worker with short fuse. (Postal worker!) Low strength and high perception. Specialized in Empathy and hand to hand. Also happens to have a high search skill. The idea being a “nerdy” office worker who trained in hand to hand due to his small stature who happens to be very perceptive ie the high empathy and search skills.

4 Likes

The most important thing to do in survival game like this is to stick with the MC…
So, I think if some of them leave the group, they are most likely going to die.

3 Likes

How would you propose she find a middle ground in contrast to her current methodology ? Also I don’t think she’d be successful in her current mission if she spent time trying to save every survivor or wasn’t willing to accept the fact that you can’t save everyone. Not to mention it’s not so clean cut to save everyone in this situation without losing the people you’re already trying to protect or potentially putting them in harms way. Also, why do people judge Rachel for being a government agent and withholding that information from us early on when we can create a member of the military who not only knows about a potential military safe haven but still hasn’t divulged that information to the group or told them about the fact they’re receiving radio calls from the remaining vestiges of the military ? (I understand it’s possible not a lot of people play as a military MC, I just don’t understand why people are so critical of Rachel when you can play as an MC who is still keeping secrets from the group and it seems no one is as critical/ or judgmental of that MC for also keeping secrets and withholding information.)

Go for it!!! Crush anyone that opposes you and destroy everything they hold dear in this world and when you see the light of hope extinguished in their eyes, mount their head on your wall. Then build a new world order with the foundation formed from the bones of your enemies.

Eh… it doesn’t make sense to stick with a character that isn’t treating you well or you feel that there are more promising opportunities that guarantee your survival outside of the MC’s influence. In fact, didn’t Jason from Zombie Exodus leave the group in favor of a seaside town when a lot of people kept clinging onto that creepy, dreadful, deathtrap of a church and he made it out just fine ?(Yes, the MC can leave with him if they have a good enough relationship, but I think he can just ditch you and still end up not only alive but in a more fortified location.) Just because there’s an MC doesn’t mean they know what’s best.

4 Likes

My MC would get himself killed forgetting which end of a pistol fires the bullet, so I advise everyone stick around if only to keep him safe.

8 Likes

Exactly my Main Mc is kind of hypocrite he in the milltary and he said if you keep one more lie fron us then your out of the group and his ro is rachel. I would love to see how people react to this. I could Imagine the group be like oh you your getting call from the government and plus we have a Know were a safe haven is. I hope we get the choice in part 3 to tell them even the my main won’t loyal to new Army and jim for your next game can we get some love for my branch the marines

2 Likes

I think you have probably misinterpreted me, what I’m saying is being a spy, and seeing how spies generally behave, she’s wired to be awfully pragmatic and she wouldn’t even consider saving everyone if the risk was too high. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing but that she’s ruthless in her decision making which was what my answer was to your statement that she hasn’t done anything to be considered ruthless. Not divulging secrets doesn’t mean she’s bad just that she’s secretive and she’s also highly manipulative, again those aren’t inherently bad things like the words make her out to be just that she’s a spy and so her behavior is kinda predictable.

My MC could care less about her secrets she can omit the truth if she wants but she shouldn’t lie to him about anything as he will support her whatever decision she makes even if it goes against his ideology, (if) she’s the leader, and he would try to persuade her to see things his way but he wouldn’t become any sort of hindrance unless she goes batshit crazy like Tom. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (I said if because if she’s not the leader then she would try to manipulate MC to see things her way which isn’t different from what he would do in her place.)

1 Like

I have a sad pessimist view of media and fandom in general. I have seen many players in many games since Baldurgs gate that treat romance options and or npcs in base of gender.

If x is a woman and is romanceable she has to drop all her knowledge and ambitions and desires to become a mere harem member sidekick that will follow player like a lost puppy . If npc is male however could be ambitious and have opinions in his own and agendas and people don’t treat him ike a dispo toy or a child maker

My love of cog came from Role playing possibility in first place and second all gender are treated equally. I don’t be forced to be x because i play female or a npc female can save your ass and Tommy can be gay an badass for instance and no gay die troupe.

This chat made me remember how in certain stuff cog is far better than triple a industry.

7 Likes

MC has the chance to be a badass and I like that MC.
You purposely choose to make your MC useless in the survival series. So obviously your MC is depending on others for survival.

**We are taking about our main MC, right???

2 Likes

Is it possible for kelly to be leader ? I’ve never had a playthrough where she got leader in a vote

1 Like

Madison and Reilly do lean a more to the dark side. They were in favour of a raid group. Interestingly enough, if you choose to kill Zombie Joe with your hands, you impress Jillian.

Welcome to the club. Me, @CreoleGuy519 :joy: and @poison_mara were getting kinda bored.

I think Rachel is more likely to put the group first over “doing what is right.” She wouldn’t go through the trouble of assembling her little posse and then join all of us then have most of us killed because she chose WICKD over us.

We can drive Gina out of our group but I seriously doubt that woman is just going to make it a few meters away and trip over a rock and die. She’s badass. And might probably try to ‘George’ us with a some buckshot.

This prompted me to pen down my little observations about Rachel and why one should at least be wary of her if not critical

Rachel said she was being “honest” with us before her big reveal and only now we all know, among other things, that wasn’t true.

Depending on your profession, she knows more than she’s supposed to.

She’s been spying on us for a while. She admits to this.

Her proficiency in stealth is hinted at.

She claims Vince owned all the weapons she carries and taught her how to use every last one of them which is just ridiculous: Vince is MIA and she said she only visits annually. There would be absolutely no time for her to become an expert in all the weapons she carries; an MP5, a SIG Sauer(she lied about that), a real katana, an AR-15 (she gave one to the twins), a tactical shotgun, a grenade(s) and a Model 700 sniper rifle. Note that she’s also very comfortable in unarmed combat and has some experience with close combat weapons. This at least justifies some level of caution.

She was slightly condescending in her leadership speech.

Her romantic interest in the MC is largely pretend. Most of it isn’t real.

Rachel has actually killed many people.

11 Likes

The world or society as they know it, has already ended and the majority of the people who were trying to save everyone are either dead or infected(so I imagine the risk is already exceedingly high.) But, I think you’re right she wouldn’t consider saving everyone. Then again, I don’t think her mission or priority was to save all the victims of the apocalypse, it was to recruit the most skilled and qualified survivors of the outbreak and not everyone fits that criteria.

I don’t have a problem with being critical of Rachel, I agree with your observations whole heartedly, It seems the players aren’t really as critical of the military MC who is keeping secrets that will definitely impact the lives of the people in the group and has as of this moment, kept that information under wraps longer than Rachel has kept her true occupation hidden.

In this situation, that doesn’t bother me, because I imagine we’d all have to kill to survive at some point and having someone who’s an experienced killer seems beneficial to have on your side. (Exception being a Psychopathic Serial Killer.) But, the fact that she’s killed while doing her job as a government agent isn’t something that’s concerning to me.

Just you and Mara ? Excuse me, but if I’m not playing Anti-hero or Sociopathic hero, I’m killing or trying to kill anybody that doesn’t contribute to my survival/earns their keep or I’m manipulating them into supporting a post-apocalyptic regime. (Not to mention my plans to kill Jaime, ASAP so he doesn’t try to stop me.)

True, but she wasn’t wrong about the fact that people weren’t prepared for this.

3 Likes

This is pure fanfiction, regarding the WICKED comparison, what if Rachel had been assign to infiltrate us because there was evidence some residents in our area could have a genetic mutation that could resist the virus, Rachel was sent to help MC assembling as much sample as possible… Lol

As it is , pure fanfiction on my part :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  1. I know you meant to say possible but, just letting you know you typed “pissible”

2. So you’re theory is that she wants our help to find the cure but wouldn’t that primarily connect to a scientist MC because they have actually had a hands on experience with a victim of the virus before the outbreak started ? Not to mention they know more about the virus compared to another MC. Sure an MC with a high level medicine skill could start studying the virus(so it could definitely apply to them.) But, I feel that fanfiction plot being more connected to a scientist.

2 Likes

Hahaha… thanks, typo on my part :-):laughing:

Well… it could be either way, although the scientist MC is more appropriate , however since i was assuming the government generally has a Blood data bank for its citizen , and perhaps they found that certain sample in their data bank was from a person or few persons from our neighbourhood , hence they could send Rachel as infiltrator just to identify or secure as many survivors as possible and bring us in, in future for examination … in this case, they don’t necessary need a scientist MC , but was using MC to round up as much possible survivors as possible just so they could get our blood for testing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was wondering when it comes to the nephew, how many people try to shelter or preserve his innocence and why ? Also how many people try to make sure he’s prepared to face the horrors of this new world ?

3 Likes

I don’t like her from the beginning…she was always acting like a stalker…you will see that she and her group will end up stabbing you in the back… I don’t trust her

And there goes my two cents worth fiction

Just a reminder, her group was killed by a pack of coyotes of all things, possibly due to Kelly’s off screen shenanigans so it’s just her…

2 Likes

I agree with you, Rachel’s group initially were non combative anyway, and she is all alone now …
and honestly i don’t think Safe Haven will follow the multiple betrayals as portray in the lousy walking dead (for my opinion) , the other zombies apocalypse stories emphasis to much on shock value with non sensible dialogue , mindless killing and betrayals, we are in a zombie apocalypse timeline, and those guys were thinking of killing one another…

I have full confident with humanity in @JimD’s Zombie world :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ohh…yes…yes…them died…but her real ‘group/allies’ are still waiting there somewhere…and we will ‘accidentally’ end up in the same place… and we’ll become peons to fetch things for her and her ‘allies’.

Does this reminds people of something similar? If not please ignore it… probably me ranting about random things

**[quote=“Eric_knight, post:1454, topic:37907”]
I have full confident with humanity in @JimD’s Zombie world
[/quote]

I didn’t see that…but this kind of game does indeed have the ‘humans are the worst kind inhabiting the earth’ vibe.

1 Like

That was because those authors purposely made it so based on their own vision, and people later on “assume” that was the case …

For my opinion, apocalypse could bring the best of humanity … such as those story line in Star Crossed, Falling Skies, Terminator Sarah Connor chronicles , Book of Eli, Jericho , Jeremiah , Defiance , Beyond and much more movies/TV series, it is about what sort of vision we want to believe and what sort of action we would like to take :slight_smile:

1 Like