Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven General Discussion (Part 3 beta coming in December)

Well shit. I always go this path with my main MCs so I knew Kelly gets kidnapped, but I didn’t notice the relationship decrease :man_facepalming:

You can pursue Gina, Jillian, Lopez and Brody with MCs who like both, but picking romantic options with them during the tent scene results in rejection.

Down the road I’m sure some of them will be more open to romantic advances but for now, no.

3 Likes

Oh sorry, I’m not awake so I didn’t read what you said correctly.

@Johann Yeah, I only tried it once but my relationship meter was at 50 or 46-48 for mostly everyone then it automatically plummeted to 30’s and 20’s. Moral of the story, always check how the group reacts to your decisions and wager if you’re willing to be hated or disliked because of those decisions. I understood why everyone hated me for making that decision, because they just threatened us and gave us an ultimatum to either “Join or Die” and I’m guessing it comes across as being submissive to the Siverthornes and basically allowing one of your own to get kidnapped.

1 Like

If your persuasion is high enough Kelly does not get kidnapped and I believe no relationship decreases. My main is a movie star with persuasion of 80 and kelly stays with us at camp when they leave.

4 Likes

So I’m guessing you had 5-6 persuasion because mine was at either 3-4.

Can you check for sure ?

1 Like

Yup no relationship decreases and my persuasion was level 5 but I think 80+ was the more important number for persuasion. I was exactly at 80 persuasion. I also had Rachel and couple group members hiding in woods so I’m not sure if that played a part in kelly not being kidnapped.

1 Like

Aha !! I think it did make a difference, because I did something I normally wouldn’t do which was listen to Jaime(bad idea for this situation in my opinion.) So I didn’t have Rachel and Co. hide in the woods and had faith in the idea that they were “good people” :unamused::roll_eyes:and told everyone to stand down and being the opportunistic asshole that Keith is, Kelly was taken hostage.

To be fair for Kelly, she genuinely didn’t know that they’d be a threat in a way. No one ever knows if someone is a threat unless they provide us a reason to be wary of them. Kelly holds absolutely no fault in that situation from my point of view, and there is a way to get out of that tense situation with everyone alive and not kidnapped so I’m alright with that as long as those marine jugheads doesn’t try anything against my group.

(Oh they definitely will, and I’m taking out Keith the next time I see that rat faced bastard for having eyes on my girl. He’s gonna meet my special barbed wire baseball bat.)

5 Likes

Under normal circumstances, I agree with you a 100% but this isn’t under normal circumstances, so it doesn’t seem beneficial to ones survival to maintain the belief that people aren’t a threat until they actually harm you or attempt to. I think Rachel said it best: “At this point, we have no choice but to treat everyone as a potential enemy until we know more.” Is it harsh to treat people like that ? Yes, but weariness and caution around other people in a world like this make me think it’s a necessary mindset to have. If anything Kelly, should take this as a learning opportunity so she knows that doing something like that has deadly consequences and she doesn’t make a mistake like that again.

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe…

5 Likes

How did you allocate your profession, attributes and skills for you’re evil playthrough ? And we’re u just trying to Kill anyone you could or were there some NPCs you found useful and wanted to keep in your group.

3 Likes

That’s a metagaming way to looking a game I am a role-player the planning is totally different.

I don’t think what wull be the best stats for X. No I think WHO MY CHARACTER IS? The background narrative decide stats in base character pass not if stats are useful or not. Many my characters have zero combat with zero athletic and zero sneak at beginning of game if you are a chubby fat home maker baker with fear to heights. About killing it depending of character views of world and survival.

My Main Mara without nephew Is a con artist assassin previous the outbreak. She has no problem and embraces the outbreak . She people as assets and many people or seem to unreliable to be keeping around or directly stupid. …

She kills most of killable people but for a reason. Tommy she saves as she knows an athletic guy young and vengeful can be a great bodyguard if he is taught to survive and heĺp in his vendetta.
Lopez is apparently badly hurt and is fill like a piñata of good gear and Mara doesn’t want to he coming back so she killing him for gear. She also kills The military group later as a threat to make them not make a powerful raid group later. etc She saves Dante as he seems really useful .

But your question about stats. I mean I could give you Mara stats at beginning. However I don’t see games as metagamers do ; I see story not maths stats and nor if they are effective or efficient. I see stats as a mirroring of character perspective and a measure of my journey. For instance when a level up came I only can upgrade Stats I have used and in a way I think have sense to be grown in reality. It could be seen as a waste for a metagamer but for me is what mke this story great as a role player.

3 Likes

It won’t make a different … most importantly, if MC have high persuasion , and leadership skill … Keith will be persuade to leave peacefully without any argument

Another option is high intimitation, which you need it if you ask them to “stand down”

2 Likes

How high is your leadership ?

3 Likes

I have high leadership and persuasion but instead I chose not use that as Mara won’t be peaceful with a Raiders group being a raider too. Sadly no options to poison the food i could offer them and make them kill Kelly that would get rid of a dead weight

1 Like

Ok, I have done 28 playthroughs at last count and the only one I can think of that I have not tried is the killing of survivors so I was just trying to get an interesting template to try out. Not a meta template but one that had skills that you found were needed for your type of playthrough. But it sounds like there isn’t really any particular skills I’ll need to make sure I get the opportunity to kill all available NPCs than can be killed.

2 Likes

No you don’t need any particular skills I recommended however at least one high combat skill. And the cannibalistic cook psycho is very very very funny. Short fuse Alcoholism and delusions. Melee knife clever focus and a home cook past that and imagine a troubled past and learning cook in jail i had so much fun

2 Likes

I would love for there to be an option in part 3 (or 4 if there will be one) Where we can collect blood samples of the zombies and put it in the food and water of our enemies.

Just to add to what @poison_mara said, There really isn’t a definitive template. I think it’s just a matter of creating unique characters and seeing how you picture them acting in this situation, and trying what works and doesn’t work for the character. As for murdering survivors sometimes you don’t even need to kill them with your own hands, just let them die or don’t save them you could easily let Rosie, Tommy and Dante die by simply not helping them when they need it. If you do want to be good at murdering people in the group (and not get caught), it’s probably safe to have advanced close combat or strong athletics that way you can push people into a horde of the undead or plunge a machete/sword or whatever your preference is into their throat and call it a day.

3 Likes

Mine leadership and persuasion are both 5.
Empathy 7 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok are you using the bonus 50 skill points ? Because that seems too high for normal skill points or you have a lot of weaknesses.

1 Like

Yupe…

Without +50 , i could still raise persuasion to 5 without starting it as 5

My MC without +50 would start empathy 5, persuasion and leadership 4… but in the camp i think one of the survivor could train my persuasion to 5 , which it still work against keith… i am not a code reader but i remember persuasion 4 was enough to persuade him :slight_smile:

I’m aware of that, I was just shocked that you had a stupidly high amount of empathy as well as high persuasion.

I think it’s either Rachel,Jillian or Jaime not sure…

Question for people that use the 50 skill points: Do you actually have skills that you’re bad at to balance the max level skills you have or are you creating overpowered MC’s that have max level skills and skills that are advanced and above ?

1 Like