Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven General Discussion (Part 3 beta coming in December)

Depraved survivor with no regard for anyone other than themselves and those they can use. Everyone one else dies.

Puppet Master. A manipulative survivor who uses other people to get ahead and get out of trouble, all while ensuring people owe them somehow and can’t help but like them and trust them. Here, people are a resource.

Just some ideas

3 Likes

So hype for thisss omggg

3 Likes

Hey, just wanted to give some feedback on Part 2.

I played Part 2 three months ago when it came out. I thought I’d write a lengthy review, but I’ve been too lazy to do so. I was pretty disappointed with Part 2. First, let me say I am a huge fan of Jim Dattilo’s work – I will buy anything Jim releases and I think he is the best writer on CoG. With that said, I felt like Part 2 was a letdown. Our vehicles broke down, so we ended up walking to a hill and setting up camp. I kept on waiting for it to progress. “Why are we staying here on a hill? Why aren’t we at least walking? This is making no sense. Wait… it’s over?”

I actually thought sitting on a hill would be the prelude to Part 2, not the entirety of the chapter. So I felt like Part 2 was a weak chapter of the series.

I’m very eager for Part 3, as I’m assuming the story will move forward, and move forward to a more interesting area. Again, I love Jim’s work, will readily buy Part 3 the moment it’s released, and I already am expecting Part 3 to be amazing like the rest of Jim’s work. I’m just saying that Part 2 was the first time I was lukewarm on something done by Jim – Part 2 was still better than most CoG games.

Anyway, just wanted to give my brief feedback from a longtime fan.

3 Likes

Just wondering can I delete some of my saves?

1 Like

No, you can’t unfortunately.

1 Like

Their number is getting out of control :rofl:

1 Like

I actually thought it would go farther too. When I set to write it, I had plans to get to the next location (this game’s Cathedral, if you will). But three things happened.

1. I liked the conflict of being stranded on a hill. Yes, you could walk away, but you’d be leaving gear, leaving people you met, and not being well-liked by Jaime and Rachel.
  2. With so many NPCs and storylines, I had a lot of things to put into Part 2 to give players what they want. So the game got big and wide.
  3. People were bugging me A LOT to publish Part 2. Since I was foolish enough to give a self-imposed timeline, I decided to push out what was done.

I am putting out an update for Part 2. Details are on the 1st post.

I’m not sure if it is still offered, but you can ask support to delete saves.

13 Likes

@JimD Assuming it’s possible, I was wondering if you would consider adding an “Are you sure?” screen when ending shopping at Thelma’s? Maybe it’s just me and my fumble fingers, but I accidentally exit out early all too often and it would be awesome to have the option to go back.

1 Like

I didn’t know this but I have a lot of saves. :joy:

1 Like

new to the game… does any one know what division the military commander is part of?.. mountain warriors doesn’t really mean anything when i think about it, is it the 10th mountain from black hawk down?..

2 Likes

Highly confused on the Woody RO and the requirements. (I know as a Male it is a lot more difficult but I’m getting relationship with him in the 80’s-90’s and flirted with him when prompted, at my house. Still no results.)

I’m getting NO such luck as a Teenager, College Student, NOR Con Artist. But one playthrough as a cynical/awful Hacker I got the prompt during deciding the vehicle for the crew to use. Where he intiated a conversation with me and I had the option to kiss him, or carry the relationship further.

I don’t get it cuz my Persuasion, Empathy, all be Level 5 or above and I never get that scene, and I don’t know what the hell I did in the particular Hacker playthrough to get it lol.

2 Likes

Well I’m not sure about the others but for the teenager route they can’t romance the adults as far as I’m aware.

1 Like

I believe you are just part of the national guard.

1 Like

Kinda figured.
There’s just that one scene in particular I have no idea how I got… hmm.
Maybe I’ll just stick with the cynical route.

1 Like

Have you tried looking into the code?

The requirements for a male is quite high - to kiss him, you need:
(woody_like > 0) or (teenager = false) and (like_males) and (woody_faction >= 75) and (persuasion >= 60)

Maybe you didn’t meet one of the stats? It’s not so much the level of persuasion and empathy, but rather the percentages

Hope that helps. Sorry if it didn’t.

Oh my god. I didn’t even know that was a thing.

Also is there a difference between liking/faction? I suppose its just there to show whether you shown interest or not, so this boils down to my dumbness lol.

Thanks, Time to… Pray.

It’s in the Show Stats screen - then scroll down, click on Skills - Empathy % and Persuasion % are both listed down there

Yeah, there’s a difference. The obvious one being that the Woody_faction stat is being shown under the Show Stats - Character relationship screen, whilst Woody_like is a hidden stat.

Then there are other differences like woody_faction are more friendship kinda things. For example, it determines whether he will he will vote for you as leader or whether he talks to you.

if (woody_faction + vote_mod[ified]) >= 75) and mc_nom[inated]
*set votes_for_player +1

if (teenager = false) and (like_males) and (male) and ((woody_faction >= 80) and (m_persuasion >= 60)
As the survivors prepare for battle, Woody pushes past the group and pulls you to the start of the hill.
“Time’s a luxury we’re lackin’ right now. These people are arguin’ so bad, they don’t know which way’s up. You got that hothead and his ma fixin’ to run, and the reverend is figurin’ on the same. I bet them twins and even Rachel and her team will hightail it first chance they get. Might be some merit to a few of us takin’ one workin’ vehicle and headin’ on out while the gettin’s good.”

Whereas Woody_like are for the more “passionate”/“intimate” scenes like:

if woody_like = 2
Woody pauses, stares into your eyes, and moves in closer. “I’d do the same for you, ${firstname}. If I died knowin’ it saved you, well that’s alright. I’ll find peace in the Great Plains or where’er we go yonder.”

#I kiss him.
You press your lips into his. Woody
*if woody_like = 2
lets out a small grunt of pleasure.
*if (woody_like < 2) or (woody_other = 1)
leans away, eyes so wide they look cartoonish, but a moment later his expression calms,
and he presses into you.

You are right to say Woody_like depends on whether you show interest, but in some cases, showing interest is still being rejected by Woody

There are also some scenes like the kiss scene you mentioned that requires both woody_like and woody_factions; some scenes require either of them.

I hope if that makes sense - sorry if i’m confusing you even more.

1 Like

description says that mc is part of the us army on furlough though…

Do you know how devastating it was trying various ways to save sifer only to come to this forum for help and have your dreams crushed because it was a scripted death???

Anyways, is there any way to overpower Keith at the end? What kind of stats do you need? Or can you only kill Bentonite, Natalie and Wyatt?

Also, found a glitch, when I killed Natalie and witnessed Wyatt’s death, Keith called for them to leave in the dialogue. Then the next scene explains the aftermath and their bodies are included (and no option to loot them :frowning:)

2 Likes

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, Keith lives on past Part 2. I believe he survives no matter your stats.

3 Likes