Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven General Discussion (Part 3 beta coming in December)

@Eiwynn @Tea I think I know what is causing this. The Stat screen is showing you the modified stats based on your profession, clothing, and weapons, but these stats aren’t actually set until Part 2, so your stuck with initial 10%.

Fortunately, this is only cosmetic, Part 1 never checks for these modified stats, it goes by the unmodified stats, and the stats will be properly calculated in Part 2. You can see the unmodified stat in parentheses next to the modified stats.

5 Likes

The fix went into CoG staff along with a fix for achievements for Part 2. I will double-check over the weekend with them. Thanks!

5 Likes

Will it affect the gameplay if I kill Reilly during first zombie battle?? Because I kind of feel he is more like a liability to the group rather than a help? Besides he is selfish and doesn’t have an impulse control??

2 Likes

The answer is: Maybe? Reily’s mother, Nora can be part of your group and he does have some skills that can be useful. on the other hand, as you say… his risks vs reward might be too great to keep him around, especially if you can’t trust him.

1 Like

Yeah I Know but in most of my playthrough he is the one who starts the war with the other group.i tried but he was not on the list of survivors who I could kill or sabotage.Should he be in the same team as me or is there any criteria for it to happen??

1 Like

How do you get a relationship of >75 for Lopez?

1 Like

Having high empathy helps with all relationships, more specific ways to make him like you are trying to help him when you first see him such as giving him water or medical aid, as well as attacking his squadmates because you suspect they attacked him. The high empathy will make all of these more effective. You can also make him like you more by trying to lead the group and saying you’ll run the group like a military unit.

3 Likes

How do you get high empathy? Is it set from the start of the game based your choices or can it change throughout the game?

Does it mean high perception and high willpower will get you high empathy?

1 Like

Empathy is a skill. You can invest your points into skills you want.
But higher perception and willpower will help you to have higher % in this skill.

You can use points when you are creating your character. From time to time you will also receive points.

4 Likes

Does anyone have a recommended Playstyle? I want to try something new.

1 Like

So will it ever be possible to go solo with my dog being in a group is dangerous people can get you killed.

2 Likes

People can have your back. And a dog could get you killed, too. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Not if its trained i would trust a dog more than a person any day.

5 Likes

Why?
(Character req or something)

1 Like

No matter how a I look at it a person if you can trust them is a more useful companion than a dog could ever be: A person can do things like help you scavenge, shot zombies, warn you for dangers, help you come up with ideas, drive a car while you can shot at possible pursuers, fix things, if they have some medical training then patch you up if you get injured or help you out if you get trapped or something etc.
While a dog actually has to run up to enemies to fight them and that just increases the chances of enemies killing your companion compared to shooting at enemies from a distance. And sure a dog can warn you too but if a dog barks or growls it’s unclear what kinda danger it is warning you about so you need a few extra moments to figure out the exact danger while with another person the warning preferably includes the source of the danger too.
So I’m really curious here what adventages would you see to having just a dog companion insted of a human companion. The only adventage I can see is the loyalty, a rightly trained dog wouldn’t betray you, but if you are really close to a person then I don’t think they would betray you either.

3 Likes

Probably cause i don’t trust people never have and i never will.

2 Likes

Okay then trust is one point for dogs, still compared to all the other things I listed in peoples favour I think people win here.
Edit: But if the author(s?) make it possible for you to play the game the way you want that’s awesome. Tbh I even if I wouldn’t think that human companions have more adventages to them I’d still choose to have them since the interactions with them make the game more interesting.

1 Like

A dog had no opinion you don’t have to worry about a dog complaining at you do you like lets say killing some other survivors for there stuff you would have you’re companions bitching at you for doing it maybe some might be on you’re side but the majority of people would be against you a dog does not care its need are simple and easy to take care of people they would shoot you in the back and leave you for dead and you will always be looking over you’re shoulder no matter what if you are with people i just see people as unpredictable but who knows might not go with a dog that’s another mouth to feed being by you’re self just seems easier.

1 Like

That sounds quite pessimistic but that makes sense too I guess. Thanks for giving me a more detailed explanation to your opinion.

1 Like

No problem and i have always been pessimistic and cynical of people.

3 Likes