Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven General Discussion (Part 3 beta coming in December)

You’re thinking of the Manns Industries Light Assault Rifle. It was a custom gun I designed from scratch using an old gunsmith app on iOS. It is actually chambered in 5.56mm and has three different firing modes. I have unfortunately lost the images I made of the actual gun. Jim might actually still have them to this day.

1 Like

Did you use the 15 or the 8 as a inspiration? I’m a huge fan of the LAR/FAL lol

2 Likes

Oh, same here. I would say the 15 was my main inspiration, but the gun itself isn’t actually based on any real firearm. It was made completely from scratch using what I liked and wanted most in a super lightweight but still practical model, hence the 5.56 chamber choice.

2 Likes

I own a LAR 8 chambered in 308 and it’s my favorite rifle I’ve ever fired. I’ve also fired a 15 chambered in 5.56. They are very fun. If you ever find your sketches I’d love to see them!

2 Likes

Oh, it was a 2.5D model made from real simulated parts.

@JimD is the only possible source left of them.

2 Likes

Just wanna say I finally saw the youtube video you did talking about the next portion and the things you were prioritizing. Really great listen and I am stoked for the next update. I think ROs are less important than people make them out to be, personally, and have been far more interested in seeing the group adapt to other challenges.

1 Like

This is unrelated to any topic above, but I believe there should be some form of camoflauge wear that improves Survival in the clothing options. Maybe a forest camo hoodie and cargo pants, or the same but with an urban camoflauge pattern. I just can’t help but desiring this in all the hunting and fishing scenes in Part 2. Hell, I even couldn’t help but imagining rocking some urban camo when sneaking up on the sniper during the grocery store run with Jaime. In my opinion, it would be a nice, no-crafting-needed alternative to the Guille suit, even if the bonuses are less.

I think the ghillie suit gives a +5 to both Survival and Stealth.

1 Like

Yeah, so it just makes sense in my opinion, as you have the covert clothing, which gives a full +10 bonus to Stealth. I just think some simple hunting clothes would be good for those like me who wouldn’t mind a beefier bonus like that in Survival, but without the materials cost and roleplay requirements of the Ghillie suit (you obviously couldn’t wear it all the time).

1 Like

I think the ghillie suit actually adds +10 to Stealth and Survival. After changing into it, my Military Sniper build’s stats went from 55 in Survival and 75 in Stealth, to 65 Survival and 85 Stealth.

Yeah, I would just like to see something more stylish and common for Survival.

Sorry if this has already been asked, search was inconclusive, but are there any plans to add anything similar to special infected?
I seem to recall something about it, but not sure if mixing up this with another game(Cataclysm: dark days ahead if anyone is interested).

1 Like

In the original ZE game, there are zombies that are different from the norm (the gray zombies were weaker because they were underfed), and I think that zombie animals exist in both games. I don’t know if there will be stronger variants of zombies as the main obstacles of the game (that honor seems to go to the factions of uninfected survivors that oppose your group/your group’s allies).

3 Likes

@JimD

Question - What happens to our dates from the beginning of the game? Will they return? Hopefully alive?

They were meant to be one off characters.

1 Like

Ranged weapons are my preference, especially with the fact that a high Crafting skill can be used to make modifications and ammunition for them.

I also really like how Jim included realistic details like firearm effective range and barrel length into the game. It encourages the player to be mindful of their weapon choices; while a long barrel rifle may be able to land headshots at hundreds of meters, that same long barrel may make the weapon too difficult to bring to bear on target in the close-quarters of a car or a wrecked house. A short-barreled pistol or SMG may be better in such circumstances.

Such detail adds another layer of suspense going into missions and such: “Did I pick the right weapons for this, or will they fail me when I need them most?”

3 Likes

Chapter: 7
Date: Thursday, May 17, 2012
Post-Apocalypse Day: 6
9:30 am.

Name: Colter Blackwell
Profession/Background: Teenager
Preferred Skill: Hand-to-hand combat
Skill Points: 0
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Race/Ethnicity: White or Caucasian
Distinguishing Features: a star tattoo on the right shoulder, a phoenix tattoo on the right arm, a flower tattoo on the left arm, stomach scar
Pet: Irish Wolfhound
Pet’s Name: Cerberus
Zombie Kills: 46
Survivor Kills: 2
Bandit Kills: 2

SAFE HAVEN
Current Safe Haven: none
Camp Defense: 4
Group Defense: 57
Offensive Capabilities: 58

Primary Weapon : M9 pistol
Secondary Weapon : Trench knife
Armor : None
Helmet : None
Clothes : Studded-and-spiked-leather outfit
Primary Vehicle : van
Money in bank : 0
Money : 1731

CHALLENGES & PERKS
Pet Owner, Short Fuse, Visual Impairment

HEALTH

Physical Health: 89%

Mental Health: 78%

Fatigue: 32%

Stress: 44%

PERSONALITY & MORALITY

Humanity: 55%

Morality: 58%

Impulsive: 35%Calculated: 65%

Straightforward: 65%Manipulative: 35%

Honorable: 53%Pragmatic: 47%

Idealistic: 27%Cynical: 73%

GROUP STATS
Group name: The Nightfallen
Leader: Jaime
Group cook: Reilly
Quartermaster: Parker

Allegiance: 76%

Morale: 75%

Diplomacy: 59%

Ruthless: 44%Altruistic: 56%

Group food: 1185
Group water: 539

ATTRIBUTES

Strength: 60%

Dexterity: 60%

Agility: 45%

Stamina: 55%

Charisma: 50%

Intelligence: 60%

Willpower: 45%

Perception: 40%

Main Romantic Interest: Madison

Jaime: Friend (66)
Bailey: Associate (59)
Brody: Friend (75)
Dante: Associate (55)
Gina: Associate (55)
Kelly: Associate (42)
Lopez: Associate (48)
Madison: Friend (79)
Nora: Associate (49)
Parker: Associate (52)
Rachel: Associate (59)
Reilly: Associate (44)
Reverend Dunbar Church: Hated (30)
Tommy: Friend (79)
Woody: Associate (43)

…Just finally completed my perfect Part 2 run! What a hell of a game. Cannot wait to play Part 3. Hopefully I can become a Patreon soon.

I honestly love my custom stats and think I managed to end with pretty even and high relationships with my in-game inner circle (Maddie, Jaime, Tommy, and Brody). I even managed to set up great defenses for camp and fought Keith to a stalemate and therefore protected Kelly (didn’t get Brenton, but I’ll just make sure of him later)! So happy with this and my main character. What a blast.

6 Likes

Nice build, mate.

Out of curiosity, what was it like playing as a follower? Most people I know choose to go as leaders or maybe the guy behind the scenes whose pulling the strings.

6 Likes

Hey, man! So great to see you active! Hope you’re doing well!

It’s surprisingly satisfying, actually. You know how much I wanted to be the leader and totally in control in my old builds, but now, I’ve actually completely backtracked and took a much more realistic, “me” approach.

And it’s satisfying in all the little ways you get to show your support. I hugged Jaime before the battle on the hill. I told him the truth about the corpses in the woods. I went on the grocery store trip with him and we talked about his plans and our friendship. I noticed how in depth it actually goes by taking the “supporter” route, and how it seems to focus on the building up of little things like these. It was fulfilling and felt rewarding. No lie. My character had a best friend, it was Jaime, and he trusted him and has more faith in him than anyone to be leader. Hell, he nominated him.

So it’s definitely not a lackluster or disappointing route; just hope that @JimD keeps up the great work on adding these choices in to be the emotional and logical support to our chosen leader. Especially if they’re your brother, as Colter considers Jaime.

12 Likes

I played again with empathy 5 and I found that Kent has feelings for Harriet, holy shit.

6 Likes