Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven General Discussion (Part 3 beta coming in December)

Teen MC is 17, soon to turn 18. They will turn 18 by part 3, which is set less than a year after part 2.

2 Likes

Iā€™m 17, and now that I know that teen mc is closest to my age, I can finally play as him without feeling like heā€™s 15 or 16. Up till now I always felt like college mc is closest to my age felt more realistic (College mc is 20 with tattoos but teen mc is 17 with tattoosā€¦ Wierd asf in my opinion)

In Colorado, where the game is set, the minimum age for tattoos is 16 with parental consent, 18 without.

3 Likes

In most of the world, you can have tattoos with parental consenting. In fact, in Spain is not weird to see kids with 15 or 16 with two piercings in the ear or a small tattoo.
So I have never found anything in the text for teen weird. It is pretty ground to what a 17 years old do in Spain.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. Also quick question - Am I the only one who wished sifer was saveable and romanceable?

1 Like

A question for everyone:
ZE:SH is most likely going to have multiple endings, depending on alignment, occupation, and a myriad other factors. What would your preferred ending to the story? Which one(s) would most fit your MCs?

3 Likes

Mara will go with Bro to find a great place to found a city in a fancy place then creating a ruthless caravan merchant/smuggler emporium.

3 Likes

Is Bro Brody?
Most cities would be crawling with zombies. But Mara strikes me as a badass. She could handle them :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Good MC ending: Lead group to sustainable, defensible, Safe Haven. Survive attacks from hostile survivors, Zombie Exodus, and possibly new types of infected. Begin rebuilding civilization, possibly with help.

Evil MC Ending: MC survives Zombie Exodus, builds new raider gang that is plague of New World.

New Army Ending: Join up with New Army and, for good or ill, crave a new power capable of surviving the new world.

Silverthorne Ending: Similar to New Army ending, not so good.

Good Vaccine Cure Ending: Like Good MC ending, but development of working zombie virus vaccine saves much more of humanity and cements MC as greatest hero of New World. Best ending.

Evil Cure Ending: Zombie virus cure allows MC to establish cult state with MC as ā€œMessiah.ā€

Just some ideas.

3 Likes

Most evil ending: Evil MC modifies virus and self Resident Evil-Style to establish hive-mind control of zombies/followers and become ā€œThe Undying Emperor of Earth.ā€

5 Likes

Found in the sense of creating a new one. And remember zombies will decay in less five years. With no more millions of humans to prey on. And their corpses would finally rotten and fall in less than a decade.

3 Likes

Iā€™m wondering how many endings will involve bridging the ZE and ZE:SH worlds. Especially the good science endingsā€“I can imagine old MC and new MC working together to spread the vaccine, create a cure and restore living conditions and quality of life to May 2012-pre-Zeta conditions. The MCs may also meet in the New Army endings, either uniting as they try and stabilize the U.S., or on opposite sides of the conflict between preserving the existing civilization and (ultimately) starting anew from raider tribes.

1 Like

An ending where I survive.

No super grand stuff, like finishing up the LEGIT network or making a cure or rebuilding civilisation from the ground up. If I can make a fortress of a base which has all the supplies we need, a few dozen loyal members and some valuable alliances with the nearby folk then Iā€™m good.

11 Likes

An ending where I get bit and watch the sun set on a grateful universe.

6 Likes

Elysium/Valhalla Ending: Where things donā€™t go so well, (Zombie bite, insufficient firepower, etc.) the MC makes the ultimate sacrifice to protect the group from an attack/Zombie Exodus and ensure the rest of the group makes it to a happy ending. Possibilities: Causing an avalanche, setting off a giant bomb, bringing down a dam causing a flood.
Ending narrated by MCā€™s nephew, lover, or best friend.

7 Likes

i always like my mc living soā€¦ i wont like any of those endings , a ending where my mc die is a no-no and there is a lot of people that dont like that, kinda why mass effect 3 was so criticized besides the ā€œchoose your ending dialogueā€

9 Likes

I quite agree with you, on both counts. I would much rather my MCs live, and I was quite unhappy with Mass Effect 3ā€™s endings. I was simply responding to the ending question while imagining something dramatic for those who like bittersweet endings.

4 Likes

The endings for my characters depend entirely on their own moral alignment and their own personal goals of what they want to create out of the ashes of this dead and lawless world they find themselves in. None of the endings Iā€™d want for my characters would be the same.

For Example:
Cain Wilson my mercenary only truly loves his nephew(Henry), and wants to ensure that they both survive no matter what they have to do or what he has to teach Henry. He sees the group as nothing more than human shields to use as protection for Henry and himself. If they all died heā€™d shrug and say they werenā€™t built for this world and nature took its course.

Cain truly wants to be apart of the Silverthorne Militia because they seem to have their shit together better than the dysfunctional, undisciplined rabble heā€™s forced to breathe air with. That being said he thinks their opinion of children being a weak link is truly idiotic and would love nothing more than to cut Keithā€™s head off and mount it on a wall. Just before he takes the group over and continues to groom his nephew into a fully capable soldier.

On the other hand, Scott Winters my combat medic wants to take care of the people of the group and ensure they all survive the horrors to come. However heā€™s not a bleeding heart who believes everyone has good in them and should be redeemed.

No heā€™s a realist and realizes the apocalypse will bring both the worst and best out of people as well as the fact that everyone will be tested by the horrors of both the living and the dead. Scott just wants to make sure they can all weather the storm without losing their humanity. To ensure the safety of his group, he wants to find the Lancelot safe haven, but in the back of his mind heā€™s worried about what will happen when he finds itā€¦

So as long as the ending I earn makes sense for that particular character, Iā€™ll be happy.

3 Likes

Is Cain the psycho doctor? Or is he slightly different?

2 Likes

No youā€™re thinking of Dr.Warren Monroe. Unlike, Cain who is capable of love and wants people who he believes are capable of survival to work for him. Warren only wants to weaponize the undead virus &usually kills people in the group because they annoy him. Also thank you for remembering my characters.

1 Like