Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven Discussion Thread 1

horror
nonbinary-inclusive
gender-choice

Uh. how did you get almost all the skills that matter into superior?
Edit: Oh. Did you play ZE and buy extra skill points?

Do attributes affect anything drastically? Because I feel that even if you have 50% strength and 50% agility but are a master in hand to hand, you’d still be able to overpower anyone in a hand to hand situation.

I think so. I once played with a character with 45% strength and 2 points in athleticism. He did not reach the ladder, so he tried to push a container of garbage and hurt himself, losing life points.

That happened when i tried to scavenge the abandoned house, If you choose to climb up the ladder.

Ah ok. I was just wondering since my normal thing to do is make all attributes 50%, then split the last 20 attribute points evenly among attributes I want to be better in. Such as an extra 10 points into dexterity and an extra 10 into intelligence. Or sometimes I might put 10 into dexterity and split that last 10 into 5 for 2 other skills.

I tend to aim for 60% in the stats my characters are good at, and 40% in the ones they’re not. It ensures the skills end in 5s or 0s instead of 3s and 7s (which don’t seem to be used for checks).

The only stats that make a difference are strength stamina and willpower

I did that for some characters i created, but i prefer to make a more balanced MCs. Some with skills above 60% and others below 50%

One advantage castles have over more modern defensive structures (that is to say: castles that are still mostly intact) is that most more modern defensive structures rely on technology that won’t be easy to maintain in the event of an apocalypse. (Also, I’m not exactly an expert, but I imagine most modern military bases are less suited to repelling invasion, and more for things like training and overseeing operations taking place elsewhere in the world. :thinking:)

Otherwise, a prison would probably be your best bet, but even then, they’re built to prevent escape, not invasion. Gated neighbourhoods are far more about exclusivity and comfort than protection, and an isolated house would provide a good field of view, but no real protection. As for an oil platform… I guess you could ask Sealand how that’s going… :sweat_smile: (Okay, it’s not actually an oil platform, it’s an abandoned offshore military base, but same thing…)

Oh wow, I missed her death.

Kukri blade?

Did Taylor bit Sifer?

No! I hate Taylor!

I think intelligence too.

Spoilers:

When the group is discussing the virus being airborne in part 2, if you have high intelligence, you can tell that the virus being transmitted through the air does not make sense, because all of you would be infected.

Interesting I’m guessing you need to be a scientist for that

My MC is a Police officer with 1 skill point on science.

No, you just need higher intelligence.

Maybe amoubnt of samples

I might have missed it then

With my police officer with 1 skill point on science, this dialogue appeared. I guess it was the 65% of intelligence.

Edit:

Or maybe the high intuition, or both.

Intelligence directly affects the amount of stat points you get whenever you rest.

My understanding is that the higher a percentage for an attribute is, the more you get out of the stats it affects given that all other things are equal.

For example a military character with 50% dexterity and four levels of ranged weapons will get a higher percentage in their ‘ranged weapons’ bar then a military character with 40% dexterity and four levels of ranged weapons, even if all their other stats are the same.

One advantage castles have over more modern defensive structures (that is to say: castles that are still mostly intact) is that most more modern defensive structures rely on technology that won’t be easy to maintain in the event of an apocalypse.

I’d argue that any place that has bomb resistant doors is gonna be superior to a castle defensively. Like The Raven Rock bunker has 30+ ton blast doors/shields. That amount of steel, granite and concrete should be enough to stop anything short of a zombie planet. Also a lot of the Cold War era bunkers are meant to be self sufficient as they were designed to work in a uninhabitable post apocalyptic world.