Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven Discussion Thread 1

nonbinary-inclusive
gender-choice
multi-part
horror

And you could always trust ray always

Fine, I guess me and my army of Kelly’s will just find our own place somewhere, cos clearly we’re not wanted here.
Man, how did this whole Ray meme even start, can anyone remember?

I honestly can’t remember. It just kinda happened and I went along with it. It was fun though.:grin:

To be honest, I haven’t got a clue

It just came from nowhere and I went along with it been fun though

The way I remember it, I read about someone called Ray on the forum who I was curious about. Found out they’re a character you recruit if you’re delusional. Immediately went to see them, loved them (definitely my favourite character) and had to ask if they’re going to be an RO cos the concept of it was so intriguing, especially with the physical aspect of it. Then I started joking about them obviously being real and the best character and how my motivations were because of Ray and her ‘expert’ advice (including things like spinal tapping the nephew).
Then other people started doing it too, finding out that Ray is real (definitely real), expanding on it and saying things like ‘Ray told me to do it’.

Makes me wonder how they’d do on a popularity poll for all the characters. :smiley:

I feel like @JimD put that word there by mistake. Perhaps he was trying to write ‘enlightened’, but some sort of autocorrect program changed it?

I think I started the you could trust ray thing

Of course! Why didn’t I think of that, you’re a step ahead of the rest of us. :wink:

@UnsurprisinglyInsane Yeah I certainly wasn’t the one who made it it into a cult, or came up with all these great slogans.

“Keeping zombies away the Ray way.”-Slogan for Ray 2012.

Now I can just imagine our MC making an impassioned speech on why everyone should vote for Ray during the leadership speech and everyones like “Who’s Ray?” but our speech was so good that every single person voted for a person they never saw before.

@JimD will we be able to pursue a relationship with Ray later?

It depends on how much self-love you have (or is it lack) for yourself… :speak_no_evil:

I’m mainly wondering how the sex scenes will be like. Will the other survivors find the MC with a body pillow or something?

I will leave it to everyone’s imagination (pun intended) :see_no_evil:
Edit: Happy anniversary (joining the community) by the way :champagne:

Dang, all these Ray posts are making me want to play with delusional as a challenge. Makes me sad though cause it reminds me of this movie I heard about where this guy fell in love with someone who wasn’t really real (An advanced AI in his earpiece or something). Was a lonely dude, but pretty chill in my opinion. If this “Ray” ever becomes a romance option if you are delusional, then I’m going to be crying buckets.

Edit: What if Ray ends up being a character similar to that ghost girl in ZE? Being able to influence the physical plane of the world to some extent, similar to how that ghost girl saved you from a zombie in the final battle by making the zombie think there was a person floating by the window and making the zombie jump out the window.

Also, has anyone tried what happens when you get master level stealth yet? I feel like a lot of skills have a hidden potential that will be revealed once part 3 comes out.

Hey @JimD I was wondering if, as a suggestion, a feature could be added to edit the name of your saves and the option to delete saves entirely if you wish? Even just the name changing one would be helpful since some of my saves were more successful than others and I have so many it gets confusing sometimes.

Unfortunately, the save system is not up to JimD. It’s part of the overall Choice of Games coding. I do know that deleting saves is a common request for them, though.

Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification.

it reminds me of this movie I heard about where this guy fell in love with someone who wasn’t really real

You’re probably thinking of the movie “Her”. Excellent movie that I can’t recommend strongly enough, great acting, solid and relevant themes and the only time a movie has made me cry. Might change your definition of what constitutes a ‘real’ being or not.