Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven Discussion Thread 1

nonbinary-inclusive
gender-choice
horror

I think that image cuts off… it doesn’t go earlier than “M.”

I don’t really hate her… I generally find her a bit aggravating, and I don’t like her much—as a person. I do rather enjoy her as a character :thinking: I think she shows some potential for becoming more likable, but I’ll have to see how it goes. I don’t much care for her flirtations nor attempts at manipulation, though. I am curious, though… I guess I have some rather mixed feelings!
I do get the feeling she has a pretty interesting story…

Don’t really hate her after getting over the fact she tried to steal from the MC and made threats to the nephew should the situation escalates, but couldn’t really like her either due to her lack of observable competence in anything. Mostly keep her around as a favor for Lyle, whom is potentially much more useful alive.

Plus it’s not like they don’t pay rent :smile: (You can con their stuff)

Very. It’s 310,000 words and the average playthrough is 30,000. I really tried to make it so a Teenager and Doctor and Soldier, etc. all experience different games. Plus, there are many romantic options to explore.

A schizophrenic teen girl with her cousin doing pretty well can’t wait for the sequel. Hoping to find someone interesting worth romancing instead of the default classmate who was pretty boring.

This isn’t a spoiler to say that there will be options to romance other people.

I’m sure I just hope they’re interesting.

Just curious: Which of the NPC cast of characters do you find interesting? I actually found Madi to be interesting but you have not, so I’m just interested to see where else our views differ or match up.

I never said they are innocent, but I think even for a teenager it’s better if they get robbed than getting killed. I mean if you are left alive you still have the chance to collect new supplies, but if you get killed then it’s just game over.
And as far I know they never raped anyone, sure there was the flirting from Jillians part but that’s it. If I recall correctly then when you hack the surveillance cameras you can see Dillan trying to rape someone, another reason why I hate Dillan and I never even attempt to talk Jaime out of killing him.

There’s no denying Dillan was bad and I have highly doubt that anyone is really mourning for the loss of his life.

But Jillian and Lyle had still repaid a young man’s act of kindness by putting his safety at high risk with their actions. Resources are difficult to come by and where these two are adults with enough life experience to lean on if things got difficult, the Teenager is someone whose going to often be learning lots of things on their feet. Yeah, Young Angel is highly resourceful in a number of ways that make up for his lack of life experience and even managed to make his house well defended. But it doesn’t change the fact that, by taking his limited resources, Jillian and Lyle (a man who used to be a teacher no less) had forced the boy in a position where he’d have to go out and risk facing a increase of zombies with only his German Shepherd White Fang, which can be just as much of a death sentence.

In Young Angel’s point of view, both con-artists may as well have left him with a injury with their actions; one that would ultimately heal, but not before making things dangerously difficult for him for a while.

I am aware that this may be something of a side track to the current disscusion, but Idon’tlikeusernames’ mention of possible immune / asymptomatic individuals got me thinking.

While it is a bit game-y so to speak, we can assume that its almost garenteed that an immune character will appear in the game (though not necessarily in part 2 or 1) at some stage. Even if its only a passing mention or interaction with Zombie Exodus character Devlin.

But, out of the current cast we can make some observations but looking at Characters who encounter Zombies in the game. First we can rule off Tommy, for rather obvious reasons that I don’t really feel like putting in a spoiler tag while using a phone, The MC is something of a crapshoot as we only get bitten in bad ends, so it is likely we aren’t immune, Jason’s Girl Friend Jillian? was also exposed, but I believe the fact that she removed the contaminated extremity doesn’t show that she is immune, (There are a few other characters that have been shown to be injured, but I think the most likely option thus far is Dante, while there are a few other characters that have been shown to be injured, like Lopez, Jamie, Dillian, Backstory Character, ect ect. Most of those characters were hurt by weapons, or killed by the infected.

But Dante’s intro seems odd to me, the fact that he hides his wound and runs off gives me the impression of someone who’s trying to run from their problems (Especially given that he could have, given some playthroughs a Doctor/Medic/Nurse/Health worker look at their wound), in this instance being bitten, hoping that they won’t turn. And his reintroduction, (After possibly not turning, if he was bitten), is much more confident, and dismissive of the incident. Though I may be wrong, as getting seriously hurt can make you do weird things like run around in circles and such.

I wonder if younger Makarov isn’t kinda immune? I mean …if I recall… didn’t Kelly said that she saw some kind of signs of him being infected? Few days have passed and he was still ok.

As far as I know the younger Makarov was never bitten, the suspicious behaviour that Kelly hones in on as a sign of there being a potential infected individual was really the fact that the Family is already getting ready to rob everyone blind.

Oh! ok. :slight_smile: I just thought that maybe he became infected and just got better after time. I thought that after she said “I passed by the window and saw this guy, maybe in his late teens, standing there, shivering and huddled under a blanket. His skin looked yellow, and he was twitching and making wierd facial expressions”.

Mmm, the line “Yellow skin” is confusing the hell out of me, everything thing else there makes sense from the idea that the Makarov’s are getting ready to steal and run, especially the shivering, and huddling under a blanket because it’s highly likely that he was running around at night and thus was cold and wet…
But if he was really infected and subsequently immune, he wouldn’t develop the late stage symptom of yellow skin, nor be able to recover to a more health hue in time to rob us blind. Though there’s always the chance that the yellow skin was just pale or gaunt skin of someone unwell, or an added detail by Kelly to seem important.

Aside from the significance of Kelly’s description (she is someone who could jump to conclusions), it would be… “interesting” if this game’s immune character turns out to be Peter Makarov :cold_sweat: imagine if it turned out we needed him to be able to develop the vaccine! :scream:

Okay, hopefully not… :sweat_smile:

I do have a question - whenever the second part releases, how will we know that it has released?

There’ll probably be a separate announcement page and it’ll also be edited out in “upcoming hosted games releases” and I think Jim will change the title of thread too :slight_smile:

Oh well, I was hoping there would be a notification email or something
Like those emails I get whenever a new CoG or HG title releases.

Most likely, there will be an official email.

I will also post on the forums, post on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ZombieExodus/) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/JimDattilo), send out an email newsletter from my site (http://zombieexodus.com/), and dance outside my home with a sign.

Ah, that would be nice. I’ve subscribed now.