Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven Discussion Thread 1

nonbinary-inclusive
gender-choice
horror

Sadly, given Tommy’s “bad ending”, I think he might be a little unlikely to be immune… :sweat_smile:

Walking Dead (both the game and the show; unsure about the comics) had something like this and I loved it! It just showed how far humans will go in dire situations. Honestly, I half-expected Colin (?) from ZE to be like this lol

Then it simply must be Brody, eh? :sweat_smile:

…and Madison. Maybe that’s something what runs in the family? xD

How can you not have Brody and Maddie? Probably a sign I haven’t been involved in beta testing this one.
How big and branchy has this installment actually gotten Jim?

Can’t you just choose to leave them at the school? I’m pretty sure there is an option to talk with Jaime about whom to take and whom to leave back.

Well it has been some time since I played this, besides I could probably never have been that mean to the twins, they’re just so cute/adorable.

Neither could I, hence why I’m not sure if it’s actually possible to leave them there.

OT from the current conversation but do people in the forums really hate jillian? just asking because people in the facebook group hate her with passion lol

I don’t hate her. By tricking or trying to trick the MC she was just doing her job, to me she doesn’t seem any worse than a bank robber for example. I try to judge her based on the way she acts after the MC saves her (and Lyle).

What do people say on fb? Why do they hate her?

Edit: One thing bothers me about her tho, after Lyle died or left she was quite quick to move on to flirting with the MC. Other than wanting revenge when you cross paths with the bandits it doesn’t seems like she lost her lover earlier that day.

i do! i mean i recruit her because strength in numbers and all that (and it fits my character’s personality) but i still do not like her. the second she screws something up for me it’s over for her. :blush:

Personally, I am the same though my characters have different opinions on her. I have two mains at the moment: one of them is mostly neutral towards Jillian but wary, the other doesn’t care that she tried to trick him and wants to protect her anyway.

IIRC it’s because of being a conman and trying to trick their MCs. Kinda hypocritical since some play bank robbers and everyone scavenges lol.

If you don’t mind me asking, why? What about her do you not like? Not a Jill fan or hater; just curious.

i tend to hold grudges against those that have wronged me (or tried and failed to), so when jill sandwich tried to rob me i was, and still am, a little salty. maybe i’ll warm up to her later on, unless she does something that’ll make me dislike her even more.

My main MC is a teenager with hacker skills. She is more on the pragmatic side so she wouldn’t even let Jillian and Lyle in her house. For the other MCs I play it really differs what they think about her.

i think the car scene with her and woody was kinda cool. made me warm up to her by a bit. but only a bit. i went from “i dislike this girl” to “she’s kinda okay, ig”

My main is kinda the same! Slightly pragmatic teenager except she let Jil and Lyle in because darn her nephew for being too pure

edit: and electronics is her preferred skill too

Nice to see another hacker teenager xD

I got my MC to be nice to them and invited Lillian and Lyle to stay, so they wouldn’t have a reason to steal from him (or anyone else) and they would have a safe place and food. Can’t be better, right? :sweat_smile:

Buuut, I’ve read that they could be really nasty: hurting the MC and threatening their nephew. I’m glad I never saw that side of them…

But I don’t think they would kill the MC or the nephew that’s why I think they are better than Dillans group.

I made two main MCs; one was a Mixed Martial Artist and the other is a Teenager (both are named Angel since I imagine them as the same person, but existing in alternate time lines, the Teenager being Angel dealing with the Zombie outbreak at a young age).

While Jillian and Lyle were a good deal grateful and didn’t anything too extreme to my Mixed Martial Artist who offered a helping hand (aside from attempting to steal from his backpack, which Angel easily caught Jill on and gave her a warning to not repeat the action) , the two were a great deal less grateful toward Young Angel and snuck off with his food the next day (despite the fact that he acted no differently from his older version). So I don’t have a particularly high opinion of either Lyle or Jillian myself.

And yet, they were more than ready to let a young Teenager possibly starve in order to survive themselves. They may not be as murderous as Dillan’s group was, but they seem just as willing to to risk someone else’s life in order to get by themselves (even if that person had offered nothing but a open hand and kindness). Heck, they only really seem to choose to stick around and not rob due to pragmatic reasons and less out of gratitude for the MC’s help (basically, they felt there was more to gain from staying with MC rather than robbing them).

That said, it’ll certainly be a fun day to see if my Teenager will have another run-in with the duo: Young Angel may appreciate the con-artists’ indirect lesson on not trusting people to easily, but he have a very long awaited response to Jillian and Lyle’s actions and will certainly make it harder on the two of them if they end up crawling to the group for help.

It would cool to see it happen, and it’s honestly a realistic part of any apocalyptic situation. The lesser rational people will resort to chaos if food ran out