Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven Discussion Thread 1

nonbinary-inclusive
gender-choice
multi-part
horror

They are stored server-side, I think.

Sorry I should’ve been more clear…I meant the data of the game in progress (choice , stats and all) .In the first game they were in settings.xml…keeping copies of settings.xml helped to explore various outcomes…it doesn’t seem to be the case in this one…

So a long, long time ago I created my MC Juliette and Madison on the Sims 4: Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- Live Discussion, Feedback, Characters

Now I recreated her and Brody! (As close to my imagining of Brody as possible at least, I suck at making male sims)

Juliette alone:

With Brody:

And here they’re all dressed up for some reason like they’re going to a post-apocalyptic prom or something:

Oooh, cute :smile: This looks pretty close to how I was picture Brody already, so I’d say you definitely didn’t suck at making him :grin:

(I also designed a sim version of my MC Felipe which I posted several months back, but I don’t have much else to show… I haven’t tried making sims of any canon characters myself :thinking:)

I’m curious, what did you do for personality traits?

(By the way, I don’t think I recognize the shirt Brody has on in the first pic… was that part of a stuff pack/expansion pack, custom content, or am I just oblivious? :sweat_smile:)

So guys, whats up with Rachel? if you have high enough empathy, in the end, we can ask her who she really is. It got me wondering, does she work for someone? Was she the one behind the fire?

Anyone else noticed something?

It’s been a long time since I’ve played, but I always felt she had a secret agent vibe. Heck, I’m half-hoping she’s from MI6.

I vaguely remember a scene near the end about her gun. Can anyone confirm this?

A gun??? What? Did not cross that part! Where was it?

leans in and whispers you should totally try and make Jamie. I’d actually like to see how you do the whole crew xD
I actually made my MC in sims 4 too cause my drawing skills are GOD AWFUL lol

As I near the end of writing Part 2, I am in need of new testers for private testing. To borrow from CoG’s guidelines, I’m looking for “high level” and “low level” feedback. Not mid-level feedback.

Low-level = continuity errors. A continuity error is when a character’s gender flips, or someone comes back from the dead, or you run into a plotline that just doesn’t make sense (because it’s probably a coding error).

“High level” feedback has to do with things like plot, pacing, and characters. “Scene A didn’t work for me because x, y, and z,” is useful feedback. “B character was entirely unsympathetic, because u, w, and v,” is also useful feedback.

“Mid-level” feedback describes things like grammar, style, or the use of commas. As I said above, I do not want mid-level feedback. In particular, DO NOT WRITE TO ME ABOUT COMMAS.

If you want to participate, post here. All I want to know is your favorite or least favorite thing from Part 1, so I know you actually read it.

I want raw opinions on content. This is close to the final build and if you join this beta, you will likely see very little else in the app come publication.

I am running the beta through private forum message. I won’t have opportunity to reply today, so expect an invite on New Year’s day.

I’m actually a bit new to the forum but your game was the first one that I tried and I really liked it. I wanna be a beta tester and my favorite part of safe haven was when I got stuck at the job interview and had to fight for my life.

@JimD I’d like to participate. My favorite thing was the wide variety of choices the player had at home. I really enjoyed the hub mechanic. I am also very interested in the mystery surrounding Rachel and the military.

I’m usually a lurker, but I’d love to help. One of my favorite scenes in part one was meeting Julianne as the hacker. I loved getting to know the other side of that story.

I would love to participate too! After New Eve, i will have a lot time on my hands, since work will drop down significantly, and i just love the game, so even after 10 times i won’t be bored.

My fav part was, how i was able to interact with my dog and nephew and everything else. When we sat at table to eat, he would be silent and all and i could actually see that side of him.

Or when you bring the dog, you have to think actually another way to enter than climbing the fence.

Also my clothes actually mattered. If i wore a uniform it would be mentioned.

And of course, god, the customization of our character. And the race thing? Woody actually noticed it!

Also in stat menu, i loved the description i got for everybody and everything!!

Sorry, it is just that i was amazed by how hard you tried and aced it! Very little game give such varieties.

The only thing that was slightly disappointing, was that the scar on face or neck or tattoo was not mentioned. But it was nothing comparatively with what you gave!!

Edit: Jeez, sorry for the long post! Was very excited!!!

I have quite recently bought Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven part 1 on Steam and I would happily beta test it. My favorite part of it was rescuing Jaime in the High School, whilst my least favorite part of the game was on the very start when our bestfriend dies, the lack of emotional impact kind disapointed me slightly. I did also quite like the skill system.

PS: There will most likely be a response quite similar to mine, and that is because I’m on a different computer and had to make a new account, this means that I did not have all the perms straight away thus the comment needs Moderator approval.

I want to participate my favourite thing is extra details about the character tattoos race ect and also the hacker background cause of julliaine and survnet from zombie exodus 1

I would like to beta test this game! My favorite things from part one are the many backgrounds you introduced with professions and how much it has an impact on my character, such as the different storylines between a hacker, teenager, and police officer. I also liked the relationship with the nephew as it gives the chance to explore our character, plus it gives us someone to talk to especially during the start of the game.

My favorite aspect from part 1 would undoubtedly be the opportunity to play a teenager in a post-apocalyptic setting.

My least favorite aspect would have to be the lack of Brody interactions so far. :blush: (Which is understandable!)

Favourite aspect was the challenge of playing as a pacifist (and how this wasn’t always a clear cut path - not killing in one instance means someone else, Dante, dies).

Least favourite aspect was how you could only have three challenges for your MC.

What I like the most about the game is ability to play as teenager. Those parties. Those other teenagers. If you want to make non zombie game maybe you can make life in highschool haha.

What I dont like the most is that u cant use dual sword lol. So I got extra katana from.Jaime. I equip both thought that maybe I could do dual blade lol. Turns out only one blade lol.

Hope I m not breaking any rule😅

This is minor error? I pick a cat named Shadow but here it say walk the dog upstairs