Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven Discussion Thread 1

nonbinary-inclusive
gender-choice
multi-part
horror

Now that the game is live, please post feedback and character profiles here (end-game stats, survivor summary, etc.).
Release Date for Part 1: 10-28-16
Release Date for Part 2 1.0: 3-21-18
Release Date for Part 2 2.0: Soon! (free update)

Edit - RO as of this latest release (3-21):
Bailey: playersexual
Brody: bisexual
Gina: bisexual, aromantic
Jillian: bisexual
Jaime: bisexual
Kelly: playersexual
Lopez: bi/homosexual, (relationship +75 needed if female)
Madison: bisexual
Rachel: playersexual
Reilly: playersexualbisexual
Tommy: homosexual (and nb MCs)
Woody: bi/heterosexual , (relationship +75 needed if male + high persuasion)
To be done: Rosie, lesbian

*Teenagers have Madison and Brody available for romance right away, the others will stay as friends - at least for now. (up to part 2 1.0)
Thanks for the help @Lycoris
The list will be updated as information is found out.

Scripted Deaths attributed to pre-production auction/prizes:

Sifir
Nathan
Benji

Notice : @JimD, @Lys and @Eiwynn reserve the right to remove any post made in this thread that deviates from the community norms.
Things to do in Part 2
  • Scout the area around camp.
  • Read Trisha’s notebook.
  • Email Julianne and Jason.
  • Set up a SurvNext server.
  • Romance 2-3 characters.
  • Be a leader. Be a follower.
  • Kill a group member.
  • Celebrate Mother’s Day.
  • Go to the Lake.
  • Scavenge the caravan.
  • Reinforce camp.
  • Fight another survivor group.
  • Triy multiple Challenges.
  • Train your group.
  • Receive training.
  • Train your nephew to kill zombies.
Part 2-2 additions
  • 3 missions in chapters 6 and 7: You will be able to visit up to 3 different places.
  • Conversations with all NPCs in the open-ended camp scene in chapter 6.
  • Rosie as a new female-female RO.
  • Go on the mission with Nathan/Benji/Kelly to scout in the open-ended camp scene in chapter 6.
  • Other little additions people are asking for.

New Hosted Game! "Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven" by Jim Dattilo
Are there ever updates?
Zombie exodus safe haven save
Best darkest COG or HG games?
Zombie Exodus Fan Works!
Romance options for Zombie Exodus part two?
Zombie Exodus and Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven Hints and Tips
Totem Force [Updated 26/04/17]

@Sanjay
New Hosted Game! "Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven" by Jim Dattilo

1. Maximum skill level is 7 currently. Preferred skills are easier to raise.

2. Many skill checks are either high success, moderate, or fail. So if you shoot a rifle with a high Ranged, you will get a high success. Sometimes very high skills give big successes. So a high Ranged of 75+ in the school parking lot allows a sniper-style headshot on the bandit.

3. In that scene with Rachel, you were likely a teen. She’s 30ish.

@JimD Thanks for the reply. I think I will do a replay of the college student to do some stat balancing then ( like lowering short ranged and hand to hand and increase long range since I have selected my first 2 strong points as Dexterity and Intelligence).

Since u said Rachel is 30ish , I want to know whether there are any romance characters in college student age group in Part I

For stats XD:

Summary

Summary

@Sanjay if you are college age, anyone is an option. I thought you may be playing a teen. Rachel can comment you are too young but a high relationship score may lead to an RO.

@Pace675 Interesting character. What profession and what is your weapon of choice?

@JimD Well then I will stick with Rachel then, though I will have my eye out for other characters.

Thanks for the reply. Keep up the awesum work. I am very much looking forward to the next part

@JimD Oops I almost forgot. I also wanted to know if I will meet the character with whom I went for a date ( Vivian is her name I guess) in the next part

Teenager and Katana XD

So I took my cat with me to the school, but once I had assigned everyone a vehicle and was coming home the game was acting like I left him at the house, with comments such as “Simba might still be inside” and then Riley telling me how he went inside and saved him.

Good catch - need more cat lovers taking their cats out with them :wink:

So has everyone discovered that if you start out in the rural setting you get free water! That is a lot of free inventory you get to keep for scavenging etc. … I think I took a couple hundred bottles of water from that well.

What's up with the emojis?

Here’s my stats. Character class was college student. Used the +25 boost for this one. I also played a female teenager with a dog and a nephew, but I forgot to take screenshots of that one haha.

[details=Group]

[/details]

[details=Relationships]

[/details]

[details=Skills]

[/details]

I can’t assign skill points at the start of the game for my second play through. Kind of annoying. Did I break it with how well I did in the first? Maybe all the cold blooded murders?

yeah I keep getting locked out of assigning some skills doing a army medic build and I can only assign skill point to ranged weapons and medicine I assigned my own skills like strength, dexterity etc. and I have 66 skill points to assign

The + option and ++ option still seem to be bugged. CoG is working on the issue still (last I checked a few hours ago).

@yougal I had that issue. But when I restarted the game once every skill was unlocked

So,I finished the game.And I gotta give credit to Jim for this game,it was outstanding.

But that was for the story.Now,the mini maxing shall begin.

That too is a story; try a couple of sessions with kleptomania as a challenge and see how it goes. :slight_smile:

yeah tried restarting it still doesn’t work I also have a child dependent and dog german shepard