Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

"You pet Tommy, and he grows anxious, likely in knowing you’re leaving him.

With all preparations made, you consider the weapons you’re holding—crossbow and knife."

I’m not entirely sure if this is a mistake, but when I chose to leave the dog at home, whose name is Rex, it says i pet Tommy, my nephew.

I also ran into this:

“You tie Rex’s leash to the bus’s bumper to keep him from following you on board.”

I left him at home but it says he is with me.

Some more oddities.

If you perform first aid on the man on the highway as a Soldier (going to base), you tell Darius to call 911 and the text mentions the line being busy, so he is calling base. Apparently he has short term memory problems because the next page he asked if I called an Ambulance and tried to call them again.

Choosing to attack Dillan brings up your full list of weapons, not just the two that you brought to the school.

You can meet your agent for the movie screening even if you never opened that email.

You still end up with 20 meals worth of food if you purchased groceries (I WILL NEVER LET THIS GO)

More minor errors:

On rescuing the red haired bandit,

The mob of zombies tumble through the hole in the stage not (should be now, i tink) turned into a pit of writhing arms and legs

On the police officer path,

You can’t afford to pull over and help anyone or stop a crime, since you’re (should be your) primary goal is to reach yourstation.

@faewkless Dependent child and delusions give the most points.

@SheaMcD fear of the dark is not a challenge but is kind of included in claustrophobia.

As for teenagers, Jaime wants you to sign up for the dating site because he makes money off of it. I should add a line explaining that.

@Sylfaen Thanks for answering the question about skill points. Pet owner does not give skill points since it has built-in value.

As far as my confusing coding, I believe in security by obfuscation.

@idonotlikeusernames I noticed the game “forgets” what vehicle you own. I am eventually going to get into the impact of Zeta on the rest of the world.

@Shoelip unarmed fighting is hard to check so I appreciate you testing it. Rosie may return. I guess I need to come up with an option to save Driver. When I post updates, it is the first time anyone has seen them so I don’t always explore all possibilities.

@reaper95 I can’t allow pet gender to be selectable as it will add one more layer of complexity that won’t add much value.

@ParanoidTeen yep, everyone meets everyone (Reilly, Chandra, Nate, etc.) eventually.

Thanks for all the error reports. @Shoelip @SheaMcD @Sylfaen @idonotlikeusernames @Zach_Ellinger @Doctor @EmperorHeartless @jcury @lightdrago3

I thought that was implied because didn’t the game mention that the dating website has a referrel system where the person that referred you gets money or something?

That is what the rest of us are for. Like me and Homemaker.

more typos

You walk on, sticking to side streets to avoid the more heavily
trafficked areas in your neighborhood—those places you’d find activity.
Human and infected carcasses lie *everyone, filling the city like a vast
open cemetery.

Well first update is amazing. But I really think game by default think i want to help people when I say i am about survival and don’t give a damn about others except my group. Instead game wants I help the two teens I missed a using them as a bait. And when I go “see” Billie games supposed i am worried and i am not at all i went there to pick stuff. But badass, it is great play as a con artist intelligent that lure baddies to traps using noise and convince people to helping me and jaime. Also boom Dillan head was so awesome I kill 2 survivors there is more to kill. And about that a choice to steal food for my Titus has to be added. Angel Poison a baby face with a dark soul :heart:

I must say!! Giving the man outside the school to zombies was so sweet! And Rosie was also fun! I love to kill other survivors! Mostly i prefer to give them to zombies, but is also satisfying if i do this myself. :innocent:

I plan to keep them and also to try to expand my group as much as possible.
The more capable people to get killed in my stead the better.

1 Like

really like what I’ve seen of the update :)…but that’s just it. crashed a few times saying line doesn’t exist or there was a network error, crashed when I tried to view my stats a few times and once crashed with no next buttons when you’re in your house in cp 1 choosing what to do.

Brody is too cute to die dammit!
I want to try my best to keep him alive till the bitter end (I sincerely hope it’s possible for the twins to make it to the end and you don’t have them suffer a scripted death like Uncle Lou in your previous game).

Brody is too expendable for my mc to even consider that he might make it to the end.
And considering maddy’s behavior and current level of usefulness she better woo my MC hard or die to zombies (or actually become useful preferably) because right now the order of importance is.

2.Myself
3.I
4.My nephew
5.Jillian
6.Jaime.
7.Maddy
8.Brody

Lilian? You mean Jilian?

All depends of player my girl is a beautiful ruthless con artist with love for cats. Those teens for her are just stupid drama things that aren’t enough stable to survive they just acting stupid. So she doesn’t think they are fit for her group. She tried with Jillian she break her confidence trying to steal her while lying so she just get them out her home. She just want help Jaime and live safely with Titus and him .

If my newphew can make a workable plan than I am not gonna doubt some teenagers.
As long as they have useful sk- ahem skills I can use it should be fine.
Brody should make as a fine pack mule/meat shield/point man.
If madison has no useful skills she will be great at being bait/a decoy.
Though I doubt @JimD would make them completely useless.
There has to be some incentive to keeping them.
(My mc is delusional with a nephew and a visual impairment the first time you saw him you would think him useless but he is adept in survival,science,medicine,close combat,crafting,electronics,scavenging. so I have some faith.)

@JimD I really liked the update. The game is definitley going to be a good one.
Also found a few errors.

I never say they aren’t useful. I am role-playing a character that thinks so that’s the difference. And the game has to try be neutral in wording if wants to allow bad karma role-playing. It has no sense a character selfish and ruthless with strangers and is a criminal feel so worried to help teens attracting zombies. My girl just used them to distract Red bandid using her silver tongue