Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

GUYS THERE'S A BAD LABEL!

What I mean is, when you choose to go to Billie's house after she doesn't answer your phone, an error message pops up
1 Like

When I choose to search the home with flashing lights, it shows an error. Also, it forces me to change weapons after I decide what to do, and when I go to investigate houses, it forces me to keep these weapons and primary and backup. (By force I mean there isn’t a choice to not do that action). Also, have any of you gotten Lyle and Jillian to reveal themselves to you as a teen?

@JimD
I found this spelling error in chapter 1 with a cat as a pet.
“Tiger runs by your if trying to stop you from leaving, but quickly darts off.”
your side?
you?
When pet owner is selected and it asks what type of pet you want, the option “Domestic cat”, cat needs to be capitalized.
When Domestic Cat is selected when you click “show stats” on “profile” under “Pet” domestic cat needs to be changed to Domestic Cat.

1 Like

A new version is up:
http://zombieexodus.com/ze2/web/mygame/index.html

It doesn’t fix all reported errors. Still working my way through.

New playthrough: Female bank robber from Nightfall City. Challenges: Claustrophobic, Night Blindness, Pet Owner

Of course, a pet can provide many benefits, from the hunting skills of Labrador Retriever, the guarding of a German Shepherd, or the morale boost from a cuddling feline

Of a Labrador Retriever. Morale boost from a cuddly? feline or from cuddling? a feline.

Man-sized footprints lead from the door to the center of the yard where the dozens more appear in a jumble of directions.

Dozens more or a dozen more.

A high-pitched screech cuts through the air. It sounds animal, inhuman,

If you use “animal” then “inhuman” becomes redundant, and vice versa.

Based on your review of the bank’s security system, the details purchased from an unscrupulous employee, you know the blind spots of the front cameras.

OK, so Reilley and MC rob a bank in the city they live in. Why are they not wearing masks? Unless they plan to kill everyone in the bank, that’s a really stupid move for two professional bank robbers.

You stride next to the first guard, a silver-haired senior who you…

Smash his face with the butt of your shotgun.
Show your weapon and order him to the ground.
Explain the bank is being robbed and encourage him to remain calm.

The “who you…” is problematic because it doesn’t work gramatically with your options. You could make a full stop after “a silver-haired senior” and then start a new sentence with just “You…”

He rolls, his body tricking and staggered.

No idea, what you mean by this.

“Stay here, Luna,” you as he looks past you at the back yard.

You say as.

You raise your crossbow. You haven’t fired this weapon much before, or any weapon for that matter. It feels heavy in your hands.

One of the bank robber’s primary skills is ranged weapon proficiency.

You head back downstairs and plan to check later to turn off the water once both the sink and tub have fille.

Filled.

Everyone inside cranes their neck to listen, and again the scream comes, this time sharper and piercing and joined by the noise of others like a pack of starving animals awakening their food

No idea what you want to convey with that line.

You turn on the CB radio and tune the frequency dial to various channels usually used by truck drivers. As you noticed before, most You search the airwaves for keywords related to the Santa Fe area or truckers who work for Kmart.

Bold part needs to be deleted.

Luna walks right behind you, his nails tapping on the hardwood steps. Luna walks right behind you, his nails tapping on the hardwood steps.

As above.

You rise from bed. You feel jittery, your mind unfocused, and the thought of surviving in this new world has your mind in turmoil. How will you stay safe? How will you eat? How long before you become infected? In this moment, you feel alone, and not just alone, but the world is against you, clamoring outside to steal, hurt, or even kill you.

I really like how you changed the beginning of chapter two. There’s a sense of immense pressure on the MC now that wasn’t there before. Love the bold part that makes the MC sound psychologically fragile. I can’t wait to read where you’ll go with this in future chapters.

Fred’s bag will have to remain outside for now.

You head inside, bar the front door, and consider your next move.

Slow but loud knocks at the door draw your attention, and you rush to the front of the house.

I chose to retrieve the bag the next morning. MC walks outside, decides it’s too dangerous. Then Jillian is already back and Lyle dead? That makes no sense, especially since she talks about walking to the paper factory. It seems that after “consider your next move” we should have been returned to the previous page with the options menu.

You hang up and try the number to Fred’s shop, and when no one answers, you the house again, all with the same results.

You call the house again.

I like the new conversation with Jaime, where he tells MC that he’ll stay indoors for the next couple of days. Obviously, the call right after when he’s suddenly on the roof of the high school doesn’t make sense.

When you think of what Jillian has said and given what you know of her…
She she needs to earn my trust.
I find her attractive and look for any signs she may have feelings for you.

Delete the second “she.” Shouldn’t it be “I find her attractive and look for any signs she may have feelings for me?”

You extend the crossbow and brace your arms over the base of the statue, aiming the barrel at Driver’s hairy, broad chest. (…) You squeeze the trigger, and the weapon kicks back. With a loud boom, the shotgun fires, and misses wide to the right.

MC shoots with the crossbow from cover, not the shotgun.

Overall, I love the small changes you made to the story. The interactions with Fred made more sense and I quite liked how he refused to help me until I gained his friendship. The bits and pieces about MC’s mental state made everthing seem more dire, which helped with the survival theme of the story.

I’ll replay it again when I am less tired.

1 Like

@JimD
In chapter 1 I found these errors playing as a police officer.
When the zombie attacks.

I had a taser equppied as primary and a colt python as a secondary.

When I kicked Lyle and Jillian out of my house when they were searching though my gear, I chose to attack Lyle with my taser and this text was displayed.

I had a taser as a primary and a colt python as a secondary weapon.

1 Like

@JimD When I click on “I take the survey to gain a better insight on all of my attributes and skills.”
This sentence might need to be changed.

“Dexterity is a also a prime attribute for Athletics, Cooking, Driving, Electronics, and Ranged Weapons.”
Delete the ‘a’ between ‘is’ and ‘also’.

1 Like

@5ubzer0 thanks for the detailed feedback!

I may flip them now that I read it. What I am trying to say is that the sound is inhuman and even moreso, animal. I don’t see the redundancy since a sound can be inhuman and not animal.

I agree with everything else you suggested.

@Bugreporter great comments as always.

3 Likes

@JimD
In chapter 2 I crafted a baseball bat, this sentenced might need to be changed.

Put ‘it’s’ between ‘until’ and ‘suitable’
When the baseball bat is crafted it appears in the inventory as an “Aluminum baseball bats”

I played as an engineer.

In chapter 2 or future chapters, will there be a chance to call and/or visit Parker/ Solomon/ Vince.
In chapter 1, when I chose to prepare food for Lyle and Jillian, I played as a social worker but there was no option to say so.

In chapter 2 I chose to make a typical breakfast for Lyle and Jillian and chose ‘I don’t like the taste of meat’. I found this spelling error.
“Leave him alone. If he doesn’t like taste,”
the taste.

I just have one (or a few) questions about the story … Are you ever going to add an evolved version of the zombies? like having them evolve overtime or have the zeta virus evolve to make some sort of super zombies (like in resident evil with nemesis and parasite eve and the monsters in it “ps1 games”) or even have an encounter with the corporation/organization that developed the virus cause I heard about an ending in the 1st game that the MC become a zombie an being tested by a group of scientists (I personally didn’t get it) but yeah … are you going with zombies like the walking dead ones or what? cause I’m kinda curious.

I think the zombies will remain as runners. I’m pretty sure they’re runners because of how fast they can close the distance on you in ZE.

A ‘super zombie’ in Exodus would like be a very muscular, athletic or overweight zed that’s been freshly turned. Incredibly powerful, fast, durable and lacking decomposition that would weaken it. Those zombies sound scary just describing them.

OR we could go dead island style, a zombie’s forearm has been severely decomposed and battered that only a jagged, broken bone remains and if they try to ‘grab’ you with it while running at full speed you will be gashed pretty badly along with being infected. This zombie might a one case scenario and put the frighteners on our survivors, it would certainly scare the jeebies out of me.

1 Like

Aww … I wanted to see a smart one that would use a minigun like nemesis or a zombie with a non human bone structure … or even encounter the patient zero (something like a monstrous creatures ) or even some super zombie squad with weapons …i remember a weird manga that a friend of mine gave me called “fort of the apocalypse” (I guess?) the zombies in it are nasty (DUDE ! They lost thier hair and became animalistic creatures like dogs, sharks and even giant pillars) and I always had this creature in every apocalypse dream I had "human face with 2 rows of sharp teath and able to open its mouth the same way as a shark (really wide) with long limbs and pinkish grayish skin (looked similar to the windigos from “until dawn” but with a more normal face and as fast as they were “with healing factor, hard skin and all the other crazy stuff” but it was blind, able to detect the smell of blood and above average hearing) maybe that could be the patient zero? or even I higher class zombie that command the smaller ones cause the idea of finding the rock as a zombie sounds weird in so many ways … sorry I have a wild imagination and talk nonsense alot …

Damn! Finally got a chance to play the demo and have to say it’s excellent! Better than the first game in my opinion! Looking forward to buying this when it comes out!

1 Like

The demo is really great. The level of detail is much greater than the one of the ZE. Even still, I can’t say already that this will be better than Zombie Exodus, that game was the best that I ever played from Hosted Games (and Choice of Games too, to be honest), and I already played the big majority of them. It was really great. I really cared about the other characters and about what was going to happen to the group. I’m not saying that it doesn’t have the potential to be better than ZE, it does have that potential. All I’m saying is that even it ZE: Safe Haven has the potential to surpass ZE, I will wait for the release to form my opinion.

@JimD, great job. You are, in my humble opinion, the best Choice of Games writer, i really enjoy all of your games. Only Paul Wang can reach your level.

P.S. I’m saying this with all due respect to all the other great writers in this community, I really admire you all, I can only imagine how much skill and determination are needed to make the wonderful games that you all do.

@Bugreporter I have decided to move most of chapter 2 to 3 and will introduce Parker/Solomon/Vince in new chapter 2. I’ll fix those errors. Thanks again.

@WhiteLynx your question has perfect timing. I am planning to ask a question on Facebook and Twitter asking if people want to see variations on the zombie. in ZE, I had fast zombies in the beginning but they slowed as time went on. But maybe people would like other types (not as supernatural as Resident Evil though).

@APersonOnAComp thank you!

@ruhenri that’s kind of you to say. We all have our strengths & weaknesses, and I’m happy to at least one person enjoys what I write. And so I don’t sound too modest, my writing keeps getting better so I hope Safe Haven makes people want to forget ZE.

2 Likes

Different zombies for sure. How about a band of semi-intelligient zombies who use pack manuevers? Or maybe as time passes zombies become more intelligient and have better control over limbs?

I think that it would be great for them to slow down over time, since they actually need to eat to survive. You could probably add a smart zombie like that bandit who if you save turns into one at the end of ZE. Also that big zombie you encounter in the woods, that was scary. Other than that I don’t think you should add any other special zombies. Although, if you want to leave the reader really paranoid you could add in a fast, stealthy zombie that hunts humans.

2 Likes

@JimD

So, I’ve thought of a really stupid idea. I just thought of it when I saw your post.

What about an infected human who surprisingly doesn’t turn yet acts like a part-zombie part-human?

Edit:

What do you think?

Basically sounds like Devon…

3 Likes

Or like Murphy from Z Nation

I am all for special zombies. Take inspiration from Left 4 Dead! Of course, if you don’t want to use the special infected, there’s the uncommon infected you can take inspiration from.