Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

@JimD Hey ! Nice work as always ! Just wanted to put an idea here. I had a cool save system in mind. Except of just being able to save any time you want. Just thought it would be cool to put some stress and only be able to save when you have R&R options. For exemple you could put choices while you are in a cozy place. The choice could be R&R or something like that which will save your progress. Then you have something like “you rest, drink,eat and relax” (sure you would find better than this sentence :D) Always loved the feeling of saving when you have been playing for a lot of time and then feeling ease at mind. In case you don’t know. R&R stands for “Rest and relaxation”

1 Like

My primary playthroughs I just do everything that would be good. I guess in D&D terms I’m Lawful Good. Not stupid, ie I realize not killing zeds is not a strong plan, but I try to avoid or help other survivors. Saving everyone, mediate group conflicts, get medicine for an old person even if they aren’t that useful post-Apocalypse, etc.

Then again the game seems to let me do that quite well, so I feel like you already have that archetype in consideration.

1 Like

@alleykae

Oops. I’ll fix this.

I agree. I need to fix that or write up a very supernatural way for the dog to be lifted through the air.

@Demonarke I definitely need to add some R&R options.

1 Like

@JimD
Playing as a mixed martial artist in chapter 2, I chose to visit the three story rancher, and kill the zombies using my bare hands.
I had Hand-to-Hand Combat level 5: Superior , however this text was shown.

This spelling mistake has already been reported but I’m reporting it again.

filled.
In chapter , when the zombie attacks, I selected a baseball bat as a primary weapon and a compound bow as a secondary weapon and this text is shown.
“The top edge of the baseball bat slices the zombie’s neck. A clot of blood spits from his neck, and he spins to the side from the force of the impact.” “You bring the baseball bat down across his wrist, cutting the long bone.” “No cut, no injury seems to matter” “Finally, one thrust impales his skull”

In chapter 2 when I visited Fred’s home and chose to shoot the zombies, I found this spelling error. “You run up to the next floor and run into the front bedroom. There’s more clutter of parts and tools, and you leap over a pile of junk and throw t he window up.”
the window
Also in chapter 2 when I chose to attack the gunner at the school the options are to: Shoot from cover, Move in close for a melee attack, Cause a distraction in the parking lot and sneak in while the gunner is gone or Use another entrance to get inside your high school.
However when i selected “Deal with the gunner yourself”.
The text shown above these options is “Taking him out now while you have the element of surprise seems the best option. On the other hand, maybe you can reason with him or even trick or intimidate him”.

Is there anyway to improve the current skills? I mean I start as police officer and id love to have an extra skill point to doss about with :smile:

@matty491 I’m sure @JimD mentioned the first skill increase will happen in chapter 3

1 Like

When I click on the demo, why is there no option to restore a saved game?

At the beginning of each chapter, there should be a little option to email yourself a code, this code is used to restore your game

1 Like

I have emailed myself codes, but the only option when I load the demo is to play from the beginning.

maybe clear your history? that might work if not not sure…

@Bruno_Frank_Hill
Tried clearing my browsing history, cache, and cookies and it still shows the same message.

I have updated Safe Haven with lots of bug fixes.
http://zombieexodus.com/ze2/web/mygame/index.html

@Bugreporter I am still working on everything you reported but please keep the feedback coming. I really appreciate it.

The restore password function is not truly supported anymore by CoG and so I have to often comment it out during texting. Also if I update startup with new global variables, passwords become obsolete.

@matty491 I am adding a skill level system in the next update. Of course, there are always challenges.

3 Likes

@JimD In chapter 2 when having breakfast this sentence might need to be changed to make sense.
“As you sit at the kitchen table spooning oatmeal from the nearly empty plate, you think of…
You mostly feel…”
Instead maybe change it to “As you sit at the kitchen table spooning oatmeal from the nearly empty plate, you think of that”
“You mostly feel…”

@JimD
On the show stats screen on “profile”, in prologue, chapter 1 and 2, the words “primary weapon”, “secondary weapon”, “armour” and “primary vehicle” appear. And they also appear when “inventory” is clicked.

So if the passwords are no longer supported how is it that we can save our games? Just wondering, sorry if the answer is somewhere up in the posts I skimmed up to a couple weeks back and couldn’t seem to find anything.

1 Like

@JimD
When talking to Fred about going to a shelter in chapter 1, if you select “what’s your plan for surviving through the outbreak?”. There may be a possible grammar/spelling error.
“That’s smart. Go there and scout it out but leave at the first sign of trouble. Good thinkin.”
Maybe either " thinking or thinkin’ ".

In chapter 2, when at chipper ridge school, i chose to attack driver and selected “Move in close for a melee attack”.
I found this spelling error. “You feel a sharp blow to your stomach and glance down as his knee winds back for another swing. With your friend hand, you throw a solid hook to the side of his cheek.”
free hand

Also in chapter 2 after defeating driver i selected “Kill him. He may somehow survive, and you’d rather not have him coming after you.”
I found this spelling error." You’ve seen far too many movies where someone’s left for dead and that person defies all odds to survive and seek revenge. You won’t make that mistake"
Add a full stop after mistake.

Found this when searching the Expensive Ranch (that that’s what it’s called), suburbs area.

Hmmm when I loaded the game today the restore option was there. Not sure how that happened but at least it solves my problem :stuck_out_tongue:

@JimD

When loading my saved game from chapter 2, the save loads at the start of chapter 1, but displays the option to “go to sleep for the night”.
Also if I click on any option it displays this text “Your eyes feel heavy, and you feel yourself dozing off whenever you sit still for a moment. You’ve been through a lot today and need to rest to be prepared for whatever challenges tomorrow brings.”

I clicked on “go to sleep for the night”. And copied the chapter 2 password, when I clicked on restore game and inserted the password the problem seems to be fixed.

@Bugreporter

I thought having weapons, armor,and vehicle listed on the first stats page for a quick view and repeated on inventory. Do you like that or think it unnecessary?

In Stephen King’s “On Writing” he suggests dropping the apostrophe from conversation. But I get this same feedback as yours so often, I am going to use apostrophes.

That’s the issue I was referring to in my earlier post. When I add new variables, save files don’t adjust so strange results can occur when passwords are used. :pensive:

@EmperorHeartless that is a strange error. Thanks for reporting it.