Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

We need the irreverant cynical snarky person the more obnoxious the better.

4 Likes

Devlin 2.0
(20 Characters)

2 Likes

Preferably with the name Keith, it will make me want to punch them in faceā€¦ No offence to anyone with name Keith.

@JimD

Well I look forward to making a scope. I do hope US Army Infantry Soldiers are trained how to make bayonets out of kitchen knives. Bayonets can be useful against bandits since knives are terrifying.

Also, if the MC kills Cpl. Mims and PFC Milford (Wait, is she related to the Milfords? Or do they just have similar surnames?), can the MC loot their corpses and their jeep? I imagine they have some useful stuff (pistol, ammo, grenades, etc.)

And lastly, what happened to Cpl. Mims if the MC and him went to AAS?

Edit:

I found a bug, when my Infantry Soldier MC killed the zombie in the house by sneaking out, I had no increase in my ā€œZombie Killsā€.

And since the MC keeps the notes he finds, I found a typo when we find Greg Hammondā€™s note:

Having no use for the note, you place it back in the dead manā€™s pocket and step away from the couch.

@Shoelip youā€™re 100% right about Jack Bauer.

@poison_mara I use your profile as one already, a calculated manipulator :smile:

I like the black window and think that would make a great main character.

@FoxalypticWorld yes, I am looking for templates like mean-spirited, clever, maybe a doctor (Jack from ā€œLostā€). Actually Sawyer from ā€œLostā€ is a great NPC for a zombie apocalypse game.

@Nathan_Faxon your profile of Starling is spot on.

@Bugreporter I made changes to weapons that messed up those lines. Thanks!

@5ubzer0 I do a super soldier and a katana-wielding survivalist. I really like the idea of Starr! Actually, Iā€™ve added all of your templates to my list.

@SheaMcD I have a hardmode planned but not coded yet.

@NJG I didnā€™t give an option to loot, nor do I explain what becomes of Mims. Iā€™ll look that over.

1 Like

Jimd can we see any old character from last game or no

@JimD You mention Rick from the walking dead, but what about one for Carl in the later seasons? Heā€™s pretty cruel/manipulative (especially in the comics) raider type of guy.

Jane from TWD game season 2. Sheā€™s a survivalist type who focused solely on what it takes to survive, even if that means losing her humanity. Another one for this category would be Selena from 28 days later.

The two female leads from Zombieland? Yeah I know that was a comedy, but some of what they did was actually pretty cool. They were awesome trickers and tended to distance themselves to try and keep their humanity intact despite that they were crooks.

Hershel from TWD. Someone who wants to believe humanity can be saved and has trouble hurting people/zombies even when theyā€™re being attacked.

Thatā€™s all I got right now, but Iā€™ll try to think of more. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@JimD
In chapter 2 I found these errors when I visited the three story home.

Departed?
When i selected ā€œSearch behind the lime-green doorā€, if you select ā€œ5 cans of foodā€ the option is able to be selected repeately.

Iā€™m not sure the 5 cans of food is a glitch. I think 5 cans is what attributes to take up the space of a single item to take.

@NJG

Are you talking about the house with the old man dead on the couch and his zombie wife?

@Harley_Robin_Evans you wonā€™t see them but you may hear from them.

@FoxalypticWorld I do like Carl, but am not sure the show has given his character much development. Herschel and Dale are good moral compasses.

I definitely like Wichita and Little Rock from Zombieland.

I havenā€™t played TWD season 2 but Selena from 28 days later is a good choice.

@Bugreporter

Since there are many cans in the basement, I allow that item of 5 cans to be made repeatedly. I will make that more clear.

Thank you for letting me know but what you mean by hear from them

You will be able to speak to someone (maybe more) from ZE. Thatā€™s as much as I can say without giving away too much.

Okay thanks mate canā€™t wait until the next update

1 Like

I found a possible error, when my teenage character found out that Jillian and Lyle had made off with supplies, it says that my characters beer and cigarettes are among the things that are missing? However, my character is a teenager with no alcohol or nicotine addiction as a challenge (however she did drink alcohol at the pool party). So Iā€™m just wondering if itā€™s a mistake that it says she had beer and ciggies?

EDIT: Also, later on in chapter 2, my character brings her Irish Wolfhound with her to go to the school and help Jaime. When sneaking through the cafeteria, it says she carries her dog in order to avoid making too much noise. However, an Irish wolfhound is a massive and heavy dog, at least 100 pounds, and strength is my characters lowest attribute. It seems a little unrealistic that a teenage girl who isnā€™t particularly strong could carry a dog that weighs about as much as she does, with no problem?

1 Like

I think what @JimD is hinting at is something Jason mentioned in ZE. Of course our MC is in a different state from the Cathedral group, so itā€™s impossible to encounter them BUT Jason talked about Survnet, a survivor-built email network that you can send and receive messages from other survivors groups should you have the resources to do so. The messages are incredibly slow though so it would take days to get a reply.

Thereā€™s also Epilogues, in some of them from ZE a few survivors left to find their own way (some worse than others) and they built a fairly large community, so maybe in some Epilogues to ZESH we could stumble upon this community and are greeted by an original Cathedral member or we encounter one of those who left while travelling, letā€™s just hope you donā€™t encounter Mindy.

This is wishful thinking here, but perhaps thereā€™s a slim chance we can transfer a save file from the final part of ZE and use it as a world state for the ending of ZESH. Possibilities like if the community was built, the vaccine was created or most of the Cathedral group perished can be cameos or hinted in our endingā€™s.

2 Likes

@Nathan_Faxon Well in those Epilogues if you romance Mindy and you guys have a child she wonā€™t I completely crazy and instead be a drill instructor of some sort.
Course majority of the time she still goes super crazy.

@JimD

No, I was referring to the part in which a zombie guy goes to the MCā€™s house. The MC can either open the door and kill him, sneak out and kill him or just let him wander off. I chose to sneak out and stab him on the head with a trench knife.

And in the house, we donā€™t keep Greg Hammondā€™s note. We could use it if we meet Gregā€™s son. I think heā€™ll be happy of he sees this.

1 Like

I noticed, itā€™s why I liked her romance Epilogues, on the last part she changes a lot. Becoming anxious, bit paranoid and aggressive and sheā€™s my favourite character so I was glad there was something you can do to prevent her completely losing her mind.

Oh and she ends up liking needlepoint. That really baffled me.

@NJG If you read the note then answer the ringing phone you can read the note to Gregā€™s son.
Heā€™ll then give you a combination for a hidden safe.

1 Like