Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

I don’t know if you chose that but the game, told you clearly as sun that the mother, pc syster is dead. If you chose call your sister, in the hospital they say literally she is dead. You even could choose tell the truth your nephew or not. So no way you could save her

I believe he means it could be developed more into a side story, like you try to find her knowing she’s alive or you don’t know, only to find you’re too late and she’s dead or turned

Well he described with lot of details what could happen if she is alive. Her death in my opinion has to happen. The challenge is called Depending child not be an additional charge. If mother is alive the child is hers, and depends of her not directly to you.

How about if the MC chooses not to ring the hospital, we go over there ourselves and discover her death? Having her alive would be too much like Emma in ZE

I see a very useful tool.
In all honesty my teenager MC isn’t really that interested in jillian, he is somewhat more interested in madison but if someone he prefers more comes along than he is sold on that person.
(Literally every character my MC meets he considers a tool until they work there way into semi trusted friend, the title completely trusted shall only ever be given posthumously)

4 Likes

@JimD
I found this spelling error in chapter 1.

Filled
I found these spelling errors in chapter 2.

the window
Playing as a police officer, I got this option despite the fact I had a two-door coupe.

[quote]Riding to your destination will be faster and less of an effort, but it will also raise your visibility.
Ride my bicycle to Chipper Ridge High School.[/quote]
In chapter 2 i had already met Fred on the roof but the option is still there.

1 Like

@JimD, I found a typo:

Having no use for the note, you place it back in the dead man’s pocket and step away from the couch.

This is when the MC examines Greg’s body.

Also, if the MC talked with Fred in Chapter 1, then explored his house in Chapter 2, how did Fred know that the MC would go to his house?

This. Thank you.

My appreciation for Jillian has nothing to do with her being a potential romance option. I am a little bit confused as to why you would think so. As a female gamer I have a hard time identifying with someone like Heather, who wears hotpants during the apocalypse and then throws herself at the MC at the very first opportunity. All I remember about her are her looks and her annoying attitude. Did she even have any skills to speak of?

Jillian’s appearance is described in a way that makes me think I could run into her on the street. Even in these types of games, that’s very rare. She doesn’t fall to pieces when the bandits attack or if Lyle dies. She doesn’t need saving. At the same time, Jim has given her enough flaws to make her seem believable. How could I not like her?

2 Likes

I can answer why she did this. Heather was never looking for a relationship, she was open and honest saying she didn’t want to be alone. So basically the MC was her bed warmer and somebody to use as a shoulder to cry on when it suited her, if nobody found out about the relationship I can guarantee Heather would continue this. She barely pulled her weight at the Cathedral and all she was good was being a crack shot with a rifle. It made her unbearable and frustrating in my eyes.

Another reason why Mindy was one of my favourite romances. she might be arrogant and clingy but she at least had real feelings for the MC and made herself very useful. Even if she does almost go bat crazy in the Epilogues

Feedback from another playthrough: Female laborer starting in the country. Challenges: Addiction to Alcohol, Addiction to Nicotine, Dependent Child

Some errors I found:

Stewart cries out as the other worker tears a dark swatch of flesh tears off his shoulder, and the injured man flops to the ground, blood pouring from the wound.

Delete the second “tears.”

Sheets of metal and bars are not in huge supply but you salvage as much as possible for an old stove and hot water heater in the basement that you never got around to disposing.

From.

You check the time— 8:30.

Your eyes hurt and hands start to shake. You light a cigarette and pop open a beer. The first sip calms you down, and one puff of the smoke eases the shaking. Your hands start to shake, so you light a cigarette. The first puff calms you down and settles your hands. Your eyes hurt and hands start to shake. You pop open a beer, and the first sip calms you down and settles your hands.

You may want to delete the part in bold.

A slender figure hobbles across your back field, a man dressed in overall’s and work boots.

Overalls.

You’re not sure how you feel, for a larger issues rushes into focus—survival.

A larger issue.

You overlooked eating yesterday, and now your limbs feel sluggish, stomach twists in knots, and a dull constant throbbing crowns your head.

Your stomach twists in knots?

If you leave the safety of your home, what does civilization resemble in day two of the apocalypse?

On day two.

In back of your property down a hill lies an expensive rancher, which you heard was recently bought by a couple who moved in only a few weeks ago, though they are rarely home

An expensive ranch.

Next, you…

• Craft an item.
  • Call Billie to see how things are going at her house.
  • The Three-story home with the light flashing in the window.
  • The expensive rancher with the travelling neighbors.

Scout the three-story home. Scout the expensive ranch.

You head up the road to the three-story house

You sometimes write Three-story house with a capital T. It needs to be consistent.

The main entrance has a short, wrought-iron fence and past it sits double-arched doors lined with dark brass and a potted gardenia tree on each side.

Sit.

• Ok, so here’s another error. I don’t know how relevant any of the steps before are, but I’ll mention them anyway. When the nephew presented his cute little map, MC shut him down. Then, my MC chose to scout the three-story home. Apparently, MC goes there alone and I have no idea what happened to the nephew. There was no option to take him with me or ask him to stay at home. That can’t be right.
  • When I scavenge in the cellar of the three-story house I chose to take a water purifier with me. In the inventory list it shows up as 1 water purifying tablet. That’s obviously not the same.

You creep forward, anxiously expecting the undead woman to pop out of a door, but as you move past the staircase, you spot her at the top the the next landing.

At the top of the next landing.

With the corpse near your feet and the quiet of the room, you feel uneasy resting there.

Next you…

Your search of the second floor uncovers little of note, except for old useless clothes and other personal items.

Missing sentence?

Finally, your search reveals a sewing kit stashed away and inside someone hid half a cigarettes and candy bars.

Half a pack of cigarettes?

• When I choose to take the Half-pack of cigarettes (10) my inventory screen shows 10 cigarettes in total. I had 6 when I started scavenging, so I should have 16 now. Also, I can choose to take the half-pack of cigarettes twice (which doesn’t make sense), but the number of cigarettes remains 10.

You leave the house through the side door, content on your search, and return home.

Content with.

Further along the road, you steer around a knocked-over tree, behind which the half-torn body of disfigured corpse sticks out from the massive trunk.

Of a disfigured corpse.

taking him out now while you have the element of surprise seems the best option. On the other hand, maybe you can reason with him or even trick or intimidate him. While you stand and wonder the best way to proceed, you reconsider all options just to be thorough.

When you encounter Driver outside the school, the text implies that it may be possible to talk to him in some way. However, the only options available are: Move in close for a melee attack, cause a distraction or search for another way in. I’d either delete the part in bold or offer some option to solve the scenario without the use of violence.

the gunner needs to be taken out without drawing attention from the zombies in the area

The, since it’s the beginning of a sentence.

If he notices you, he would have an easy shot with the machine gun, and you’d have to way to make it to cover.

No way.

the gunner turns back in your direction, and you duck below the wall

I think there’s some issue when you have not encountered the bandits and you replace Driver’s name with “the gunner”. Again, The for the same reason as before.

You’ve become use to it in the past few days, but such a pungent smell must mean a large number of undead in the area.

You’ve become used to it.

You…

• Leave him there. Whether he lives or dies is no concern of yours now.
  • Kill him. He may somehow survive, and you’d rather not have him coming after you.
  • Kill him. He doesn’t deserve to live.
  • Kill him, so he doesn’t suffer to his wounds or to the zombies.
  • Fire into the air to draw the zombies over to finish him off.

Here you give four options to kill him, one to not care either way, none to help him. I’d prefer if there was an option to save him for those who like playing good characters, even if Driver never shows up again.

• On the day you help Jaime, my alcoholic MC has not had a single drink and only one cigarette, if I recall correctly. On the other days, MC drinks and smokes around four times a day. MC should either drink and smoke as frequently as before, though I think she’s out of alcohol, or experience withdrawal symptoms.
  • My MC spent the entire first day reinforcing her home. For some reason, she never enountered Jillian and Lyle. Is that intentional?
  • I thoroughly enjoyed how detailed you made the home reinforcement process. While I had hopes that my trap would kill a zombie, the alarm system that impacts your tiredness the next day was a really nice touch. You came up with some great options on how to make the house safer. Will I ever get a chance to use the barbed wire MC crafted?

If you are a doctor I think, then you actually are at the hospital when she dies.

Just did a quick run through as a doctor, didn’t encounter her and still called the hospital to find out about her

No you are wrong she is in the Saint Mary’s cancer center, you are at Milforts .

1 Like

@Nathan_Faxon I didn’t want the nephew to show too much vulnerability but I do need to add more “flavor” text. So if your own stats show a practical, cautious person, then the nephew adopts that personality.

@Amos I’ll fix that issue. Sounds like I didn’t track things correctly.

@FoxalypticWorld thanks for pointing out those areas where the nephew’s personality needs tweaking and for the typos.

@5ubzer0 that’s a good point. Maybe I need to add a check for that related to how daring you are.

@Sylfaen I probably need more about the nephew’s processing of the death and how he views life and death as the game progresses.

@Bugreporter Thanks for reporting those.

@NJG I’m not sure what you mean but it sounds bugged.

@5ubzer0 I’m hoping my writing has matured, as I tried to make Jillian especially differ from previous women in my games. I am not sure Jillian will even be an RO. I don’t think all NPCs should be ROs.

Heather also wanted sex/companionship, but her feelings grew. I liked her in Part 4 and 5.

A few people have asked for such an option, so I’ll add one.

For time’s sake, I didn’t get to all of my challenge checks and food/water/stress checks. I plan to do that soon.

Definitely a bug.

Yes! You will be able to use all crafted items. Again, this is just time. This game has so many options, I just have to work through them all. Luckily, I enjoy it.

1 Like

Keep getting this message on my soldier and police playthrough. Both of them have a dependent, short temper, and a pet. Haven’t run into any trouble with my teenager playthrough.

BTW, this is my first post on the forums since I started lurking around a year ago. It was the first Zombie Exodus that got me into COGs and I just wanna thank you @JimD for making my tied-for-favorite COG and making this already amazing sequel. Wise Use of Time was great too!

1 Like

@JimD

When you see Jill snooping through your items you lose your batteries and painkillers, and while she never mentions that she actually took them you never get them back, even if you find out Lyle isn’t blind and allow them to join. If you allow them to stay and they actually join, would it be possible that they hand the items back over? Maybe after the “You can stay, but no more lies” choice they say “Well, if we are being totally honest and since we will be staying anyway, you should know that we took some things, but here, you can have them back” (or something along those lines).

Regarding the money, it’s possible to have up to $13,200 by the end of the current demo. In the beginning it mentions that stores are fully stocked with “supplies for the apocalypse” and it sounds like the plan is to drag the breakdown out a little longer. So what if you were able go to a store (before all the looting and rioting of course) or find a survivor who thinks it will all blow over soon and purchase some items at a highly inflated price? Or bribe your way out of situations early game like with the police in the first one?

What does everyone think?

2 Likes

Wolfie, I never noticed the batteries steal. I really think my girl just will pick her katana and cut Jill arm. But like my Canon Mara just con them and then intimidating them to go away without their stuff, I suppose we are even.
It’s amazing how the interactions with both of them change in response your skills and choices. I found one morning they go away in the night with half of my stuff and left an ironic farewell letter they menace me and go away other … I really believe that the best choice is never let them enter in the first place, they are problematic, and bad people there is no way I could trust to protect my cat. I really miss an option with the temper challenge that just kill her when I watched with my stuff. That will really the reaction of a short fuse guy in the apocalypse. And about Money. I really think @JimD that is better don’t use it because imbalance between origins. One have 20,000 other 1,200. That couldn’t be fair and reasonable and will lead people choose one with money over others.

If you choose the option: Check the backpack to see if anything is missing and have a high enough search skill you get this line: But where are the pack of batteries? And the bottle of pain-killers? Thinking she probably stole the items, you…

Actually, reading that again I’m surprised I can’t say this after getting her to confess to going through: “Well where is my missing stuff then?!”

For the money part, I wasn’t talking about money in the bank. I meant in cash. You can get 3,000 if you have a high enough search skill when gathering supplies, 10,000 from the safe in Greg’s home, and 200 from Sean.

but if you’re a movie star you like have a quarter of million. And don’t think it’s unbalanced it’s realistic and the movie star may have the dough but a soldier kicks more arse, and it’s not like it’ll be a huge factor as it’ll be useful for one day. After that maybe you could just be a dick and steal things so don’t need money anyway like you do from chpt 2 onwards.

2 Likes

I half expected with a profession which allows you guns, such as army, once you catch them out or they reveal their true nature. You’d get the option to hold them at gunpoint and demand they spill every detail as well return everything back, then you can either discuss whether they stay, leave or blast them away. But maybe I’m thinking too aggressively.

Personally I agree with @poison_mara with the money. No matter how much people will think it will ‘blow over’ they will want supplies rather than money, it’s the equivalent of asking for a week’s worth of food and offering paper with pictures on it, if they outbreak does come to an end, money won’t be an immediate currency. Plus they would be no way of withdrawing this money, if we’re talking a city wide power outage, emergency power for atms will only last so long, plus communication from the machine to the bank will cease in theory. And if Jill and Lyle ever thought of about hurting my cat Rumpelstiltskin I will make them WISH those zeds ate them.

3 Likes