Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

It usually does, but we already saw in ZE:X that the virus was already (or at least seemed to be) mutating. Javier was infected with a very odd strain of the virus that took who knows how long to fully incubate before finally turning within the Cathedral. Then we had the glob of the virus surviving outside of a host at the oil rig. Blech.

Youā€™re right. I just have this bad habit of trying to apply real science to fictional situations XD

2 Likes

Gotta suspend that disbelief, man! After allā€¦ vampires apparently exist in the ZE-verse. Or they will. They might? Weā€™ll find out eventually.:fog:

what they do where?

Jim mentioned the possibility of adding Vampire and Cyborg as purchasable professions post-launch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see fair play Jim. fair play

It is done.

Tommy is now my waifu.

Iā€™m now going to start a Tommy fan club where we sit around and cuddle our Tommy body pillows all day long.

4 Likes

I thought Iā€™d already done that (although it was more concerned with saving him than with body pillows, admittedly)ā€¦ :sob:

1 Like

So do ghosts if ZE1 is anything to go by.

1 Like

I like how you can injure one of the raiders with your traps and defensesšŸ˜Š Nice to see everything working together, maybe the house cameras could also be put to use at a latter point?

1 Like

Hey @JimD playing as a seriously underpowered character lol and just noticed if you choose to assign your stats like stamina, charisma, perception etc manually thereā€™s no way to not assign some. As in order to progress on to choosing your career/background you have to assign all the points. would it be possible to add an option to leave some points unassigned please? damnit Iā€™m determined to finish this game when it comes out as underpowered as possible lol, I like the challenge :stuck_out_tongue: .

also playing as a custom profession, linked with the home maker background, when the guy in the supermarket asked about my tuna coupon, I chose the option no thanks screw this guy "knocks one from the top of the pile. When he bends to pick up, his jacket " *it up

chose to ignore the man with the green stain on his shirt. "You hear a low, bestial growl " *beastial

also whilst not an issue, unlike any other playthrough so far, when I got home from the supermarket the choices were in a different order. normally the call so and so options are at the bottom, and options like gather my food and supplies at the top, but for some reason in this playthrough they were the other way round. they work fine still, just found that weird lol

2 Likes

An option to continue the game without distributing all attributes would be great. I like playing realistic characters, so itā€™s kinda weird to play civilians (specially teens and college students) with such high attributes XD

1 Like

@Bugreporter[quote=ā€œBugreporter, post:4419, topic:2000ā€]
If you do add a option to save Tommy, could he be added to the group and teach you mma?
[/quote]

If I go ahead with Tommy, that can be arranged.

@Lithophene [quote=ā€œLithophene, post:4433, topic:2000ā€]
Anyways, @JimD, I donā€™t recall if it was ever asked, but how old is Jamie? Does his age change depending on what profession the MC is? He seems like - or at least it feels like - heā€™s younger if you play as a teenager.
[/quote]

Yes, but not much. It has to be realistic compared to you so there are some variables that are tracked so heā€™ll be older if you play a Military Commander versus a teen.

@poison_mara in the US, you can work at a bar at 18 but have to wear a badge or some identifier of age, in most cases. My friend worked at an adult club at 19 but had to wear a bracelet to show she was underage.

Thanks. On my list is to check all challenges to make sure they work right before final release.

@kingokami glad you brought this up. Specialties will impact the science-only missions.

@fairlyfairfighter yes, defenses matter, even to the point of how much the raiders take.

I need to add something for it.

@Bruno_Frank_Hill [quote=ā€œBruno_Frank_Hill, post:4456, topic:2000ā€]
Hey @JimD playing as a seriously underpowered character lol and just noticed if you choose to assign your stats like stamina, charisma, perception etc manually thereā€™s no way to not assign some.
[/quote]

Choose Int, Wil, and Stamina for now. I have no plan to add a reduced power mode unless I add difficulties. I need to finish the game before adding even one more feature.

I alphabetized the list recently :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I found some strange bugs as a MMA fighter:

Back when youā€™re about to pay the Makarov (thatā€™s their name?) a visit, thereā€™s this;

[quote]ā€œReady to go?ā€ Woody says and leans the rifle over his shoulder.

ā€œI know, I know, Iā€™m staying here,ā€ {dep_name} says.

ā€œThis may be dangerous. I would feel better if you stay here.ā€

Max sleeps in the corner of the room, and for a chance, heā€™s not anxious to go out. [/quote]

Then, when I try to reinforce the windows with 3 pieces of metal, the defense and damage switch:

Defense: 4 -----------------------------> Defense: 2
Damage: 1 -----------------------------> Damage: 6

It happens in the second day, after scavenging in Gregā€™s house.

Also, when I go to the high school to save Jaime, when Madison comments about the tatto or piercings, it suddenly cuts off: she says something like ā€œdid It hurt? Theā€.

6 Likes

Late response, but would that mean that Tommy continued learning Jiu Jiutsu once he left for college? Itā€™d be weird for someone whom we know (in-game) only took one monthā€™s worth of classes/training to teach the MC MMA.

Hey, I know this contributes nothing to the game and is a rather useless feature, but as a smoker, it would be badass if you could select a specific cigarette brand.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, but, was the purchasable professions statement true?

Are those on your Wish List, or have you officially stated/decided that they will be in-game?

@JimD
When you kill the Zombies attacking Dante in chapter 2, you donā€™t have an option to kill or rob him if you use your weapon or select ā€œMake noise to attract the infected, giving the man time to escape.ā€
Also, when you shoplift at the convience store, you can get the risk level over a 100%.

2 Likes

@Lycoris thanks for catching those errors.

@Lithophene [quote=ā€œLithophene, post:4460, topic:2000ā€]
If I go ahead with Tommy, that can be arranged.
[/quote]

The line as an MMA fighter says you met Tommy while he was training BJJ at the gym, not that he was a beginner. Was that implied somewhere you saw? I admit I may have missed it. I write a lot :slight_smile:

@SneeringImperialist thatā€™s a level of customization that may mean a lot to a very few people who play the game. Itā€™s doubtful I will add it but that does not mean I wonā€™t entertain other ideas.

@ThatOneGuy1 purchasable professions is a Wish List item.

@Bugreporter good catch. Iā€™ll fix that.

5 Likes

I may be a bit off but I detect a lot of sarcasm in this little concise sentence. I dunno, maybe Iā€™m missing the authorā€™s perspective entirely and it was meant to be interpreted as sweet-nothings whispered into a loverā€™s earā€¦

just saying. :rose: