Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

Its just a different perspective. One that you don’t see much in CoG stories (high school stories not-withstanding)

I like it because of the challenges that it presents - whether it be related to the story, gameplay, or romance(s). :yum:

From the perspective of the story, I’m interested in seeing how other survivors view a teenager in a position of leadership. Gameplay-wise, if I remember correctly, the teenager is designed in a way that they’ll likely only be able to master one skill fully by the end of the game since they start off with either basic or beginner proficiency in all skills except one. I want to see how that’d play out.

Just out of curiosity…Do y’all usually play as the pre-set professions (without changing skills and attributes) or do you prefer to customize your character and then assign them to one of the prologues?

I tend to customize the attributes but stick with the pre-set profession’s skills.

I usually find myself not minding how most of them start off skill-wise. They tend to still allow some flexibility. It’s the attributes that iff me sometimes. I might roll a custom teenager for my official playthrough since I honestly don’t think my teen would be that much of a jack-of-all-trades but I usually avoid custom - or at least a full custom. :thinking:

All my serious playthroughs until now were done with custom characters. I usually only play as pre-set characters when I’m in a hurry and want to test an specific part of the game to provide feedback.

I always assign my custom characters to a pre-set prologue, though, since I feel a fully-customized character doesn’t exactly fit in the game. Not many mentions to their profession and I feel like they will have less of an impact in the game later on (scientists try to find the cure, soldiers try to combat the infected, custom protagonists…Go out on dates? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

It tends to vary with what I’m testing.

My favorite is to design a Sniper-combat medic and then a bank robber who is a mad scientist :stuck_out_tongue: I’m crazy, I know,

Well, I like the character to be as similar to me as possible so I had two choices, choose college student (I’m 19) or choose the teenager. At the end I liked the teen story better.

As I said above, I try to make the character feel like me so I just customize it myself…the attributes anyhow

1 Like

Customize stats is a gift sent from Dattilo’s heaven for us mere mortals who are overachievers.

2 Likes

teen is my fav as I hate op characters. as I said, in my last full playthrough with alcohol and nicotine addiction and bardok the dog had 17 skill points left. but although I’m a bit older, still more similar to me :stuck_out_tongue: yeah custom is the way I go now I know about it lol, preset is way too skilled to be realistic for me. but actually due to me having custom attritubutes, got a teen with mediocre ranged skill but still got a colt pyton, so again realism. plus it’s fun thinking of the custom names. did a ninja playthrough once too…but again too OP :frowning:

plus I also managed to get through without dying even though I was severely underskilled, as I only chose choices my character was skilled in :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m 18 and I never imagine myself as the teen, for some reason my MC is Chloe Grace Moretz on a zombie apocalypse, she seems like the kind of girl who can handle herself (and her nephew and her german shepard) :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m amazed. this is really awesome! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I love being a genius teenager with customized character.
I usually add a nephew and pet.
When i get bored playing nice, then I go out and kill people with different characters XD

After reviewing this thread and a PM, I will add to my Wish List the following item:

• Create a way for players to save Tommy.
11 Likes

@JimD
I found this bug in the three story home, when I scavanged the first floor.
*set flashlight 1Change the code to:*set flashlight +1

When you con Lyle and Jillian there is no option to take their gear if they are kicked out, but you can chose to look through their gear even though you have it in your supplies pile.

If you do add a option to save Tommy, could he be added to the group and teach you MMA?

1 Like

Oh dang. And here I thought it was mostly me and @ParrotWatcher that had our sights on Tommy! I hope it’s something that can come to fruition, but I know there’s bigger and better priorities. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could someone explained me who is Tommy or in what origin is him? @JimD i really would love option of save my Con art target just enough to say her just she was a puppet to be stolen . But due there are more played origins is ok like it is ; even if maybe a option to say her after run away you don’t mean nothing to me go ahead and open door to zombies to be chew up.

Is there a reason you mention MMA? I thought maybe I missed him in the MMA prologue but there’s only a Tony there. :cold_sweat:

Tommy is the man outside the house that the Makarovs and the possibly infected son live in.

Tony and the other that rides away on a motorcycle into the sunset are great - such an image to start out with too; the only two capable of surviving besides yourself and they take off leaving you in the dust…

so like @JimD

btw - Saving Tommy sounds so much like… Save Willy

Thanks i don’t want save him i want raid the son house lol.