Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

I like that if we choose video games as our hobby, we get to play other choice of games like The Lost Heir. XD

Nice touch!

2 Likes

@JimD
I found some more spelling mistakes when talking to woody in chapter 3.
I chose “Have you had to deal with any infected in the past few days?”
Add a quote mark at the end of the first paragraph.

He was shakin’ on the floor like a dog poopin’ peach pits, foam spittin’ from his mouth, and everyone stood over him like the act of starin’ and askin’ if he was
okay would settle his fit.

Add a double quote mark after ‘fit’.

Add a double quote mark at the end of the last paragraph.

It’s quite a story, and I’m a yapper, so ask me if you got time to hear it.

Add a double quote mark after ‘it’.

I picked “College Student”, I own a bicycle and got this funny little paragraph during the escape from the movie theatre after your date ditches you:

Fishing for your keys, you keep watch for any signs of danger. Snow falls again, wetting the ground. You fall into your car and start the engine. The radio blares with the voice of an agitated reporter.

Otherwise I freaking love this, it’s like the first Zombie Exodus but on character customization steroids. Also this Jaime guy can become friends with a whole lotta different types of people. XD

2 Likes

I also felt like the “blind guy” and his “granddaughter” were placing way too much trust and praise into the teenager (who is supposed to be 16??), I don’t quite know how to explain it.

1 Like

From what I noticed, the skills don’t get re-calculated after the hobby attribute bonus. Is it supposed to be that way?

1 Like

I have played the update and it is great. But i found some weird things, first with Rachel games said I had some dates with her but she move to other city and we lost contact. So I said well my character will be jice with her because she felt something for her and she is not a unknown. However all Rachel text said she doesn’t know me before. She even stopped my flirting saying we just met , and have several dates meams we have some flirting going on lol, at least. I killed Jill and Guillian. Also there was no level up after chap 2 . Woody is stupid as hell, lol. I want get rid of him soon. Also I killed two soldiers but no option of disguise myself as one. That could he so useful for my con artist

1 Like

I can choose to bring my nephew and/or dog while following the couple and while going to the store, but, despite the game acknowledging them immediately after my choice, they don’t show up anywhere else in neither of the scenes.

Edit: I just noticed Rachel is listed as “Bonnie” in the relationship page. Delete that part about the protagonist dating her in the past and it’d explain a lot about her suspicious behavior…

1 Like

@Seven7h thanks for pointing out those typos.

That’s just a typo. I wasn’t actually implying it’s automatic.

@IronRaptor @Taylor_Enean @Lobo420 @cptowe I should have issues with bikes and vehicles fixed tonight.

@tooweiss @JohnnyFive @Frazer77 @Drini7 Thanks. This will be fixed in the update tonight.

@qpinskey [quote=“qpinskey, post:3677, topic:2000”]
when I killed Tony (the zombie in the hole) I got the little paragraph about
[/quote]

this will be fixed in the update tonight.

You probably found the 10,000 in the safe in the corner home.

@Bugreporter most of the errors you reported will be fixed in the next update.

One thing: when writing dialogue, end quotation marks should be left off when the same speaker continues.

@lightdrago3

I have a major mini-game coming soon.

@cptowe

Great point. I will add some reasoning for it.

@StarshinaSokolov

Good catch. I’ll fix it.

@poison_mara

You’re right. I’ll fix it.

I need to work on it before adding it back in.

I changed the code to allow this and will update later tonight.

6 Likes

I’m excited to announce ZE:Safe Haven will contain a 5,000 word mini-game by Allen Gies (writer of Tin Star, Marine Raiders, and others) based on his game Apex Patrol.

20 Likes

Somewhat SPOILER ALERT Hello, I have a question. I continuously get jillian and lyle killed when I follow them to their car. Do I need certain stats to kill the people attacking them to save them? Or am I picking the wrong target? Im doing the military commander profession with all my points in ranged weapons and leadership/intimidation. Thanks in advance for answering, I really am getting near ocd about this trying to keep them alive in that scene lol

In my experience you can’t kill the people attacking them without getting them killed.

You’re better off ordering or threatening them to back down.

Edit: Just wondering…If you have both singing and playing an instrument/dancing as hobbies, can you do both at the same time?

Edit 2: After checking out the drawing hobby, something popped up in my mind. Are people really afraid of zombies? I mean, really, really afraid? Not just the “chill down the spine” afraid, but the “nightmare-induced insomnia” afraid…

I thought most people just saw them as acceptable targets to practice their favorite kill methods on…An enemy you can kill without all the moral implications of killing a human. Sure, you can wangst about it if you like, but nobody in their right mind would condemn a zombie hunter to the same punishment as a serial killer.

I see zombies as a change in society. The “mindless masses” destroying everything and the “few rational people left” having to fight back. It’s a civil war. If you want to be scared of things such as starvation, dehydration, sleep deprivation, being on constant alert, never going back to your old life and such, I can understand. But fear of the zombies themselves? Fear of becoming one? I don’t know…Are people really afraid of it?

That’s what they are within the “meta” of zombie fiction, but the people actually living in a zombie apocalypse aren’t going to be thinking in terms literary tropes…

@JimD

If the MC kills Lyle and Jillian (like what I always do), could we loot their corpses before burying them?

Oh I didn’t realise that thread was finished I kept getting an error and having to restart :confused:

Even without the “meta” aspect, there isn’t much to fear. Zombies are inferior to humans in every sense of the word. They can’t think, their movement is limited, and they have one of the least effective ways of reproducing ever seen.

They’re basically bugs: dumb, physically inferior to humans, and they suck at hurting us. The only thing that makes some bugs deadly is the way they sneak upon unsuspecting humans, but zombies can’t even do that. They’re like oversized spiders who alert you to their presence from a quarter mile away. Also, they can’t drop from the ceiling and land right in your face (mostly).

Are they ugly? Yeah. Are people usually scared by ugly things? Sure. Are they worth losing sleep over? Only if they’re knocking on your bedroom’s door.

Edit: somewhat relevant

They are the embodiment of sickness and plague, people would see them as the death envoy, a sign of devil. They would hate them and fear them. At least that’s what happened in Europe with the Black plague, victims bodies provoked hatred and stress even violent attacks on them. Fire and communal burials no christian sepulture doomed forever. Beyond redemption.

1 Like

I just remembered, another weird thing with the teenager route is when the MC is talking to that chick that kills George, you will say “Of course I’ve loved” or something like that. I don’t know about you but it doesn’t seem very apparent to me that a 16 year old will “of course have loved” someone. In fact you can have crushed on Brody for a year. Just a thought.

A bulk add button for the convenience store would be great.

2 Likes

@StarshinaSokolov Hah, Cracked. Doing the same thing about the same subject at least once in every video series they’ve got and also in text. :slight_smile: I actually have already brought this up at least once about either this game or the original and the general consensus (even if some people won’t necessarily admit it) seems to be “Suspend disbelief.” There really is no more rational reason for it. Zombie apocalypse is a trope that people like, so they pretend it’s at all plausible even if they don’t realize they’re pretending. Zombies only really work as a metaphor, because if you think about them just a bit technically you realize how little sense they make. I suppose you could say it’s an amusing coincidence that obsessive zombie fans are a bit like the zombies themselves. They don’t think about liking zombie stuff. They just do, and they are legion.

1 Like