Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

I’ve seen him in the suburbs and the city, but I haven’t picked the country.

@RedRoses, hmm, I guess I’ll have to replay it then. Either I completely missed that part, or a secret update happened without my realization if this is the case.

1 Like

Meeting Dante used to be a city event but is now time-based. If you are not home when he runs by your house, you don’t experience the event.

Edit: currently in the live demo, you meet Dante after 2pm. In the upcoming patch, it will be a timed event.

4 Likes

See, stuff like that convinces me of two things.

1. You are completely nuts.

2. The re-playability of this game will also be nuts.

In other words, two good things. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Question to everyone:

When you play ZE: Safe Haven chapter 2, do you run out of things to do or feel you don’t have enough time?

2 Likes

Yes. :neutral_face:

Depends on my playing style for a particular character. My Chicken Little sits home and goes to bed in early afternoon (or would if they could), where my Bad Ass runs out of time to do all the thing (Do ALL the things!).

So I suppose it averages out to OK in my book. :blush: Although, more stuff for the Chicken to do could be good (sit at home and Tippex crosswords to redo them etc… Or maybe not that exactly. No idea what, though.).

1 Like

I feel stressed, it is all go to fast and consume time, I am scared to even rest a little and then lost any event. I would prefer a lower pace .

1 Like

I have the feeling a week in the game would equal one of my days in real life :smile:

The number of tasks is very small, but they all take far too much time to complete. I mean, do everyone really spend 15 minutes in the phone calling somebody who doesn’t pick up? I spend less than that when people answer my calls :sweat_smile:

On a side note, having the option to call people more than once would be cool too, especially since some of the events in the game add more options to talk with people.

Back to the subject: the game feels very fast-paced, but if you break it down, you can see it isn’t.

Day one: call people, gather supplies, kill lone zombie, board house, check the news, bed time.

Day two: scout houses, help people on the street, scavenge houses, repair house, go to sleep.

The only thing that really takes time in day one is boarding the house, and that’s because my protagonists usually aren’t very skilled in crafting. The activities in day two are more action-packed, but don’t really take all that time to be completed.

I can see myself in real life doing everything on day one and two in just a few hours. Crafting aside, I can probably repeat these tasks twice or thrice in a single real-life day.

It would be great if you shortened the time it takes to complete these activities, and added hobbies instead. Reading, drawing, singing, shooting…Anything really.

I’ve been thinking about it lately and came to the conclusion that it would make more sense if you linked the items you find while searching the house to hobbies instead of skills.

I mean, even if I’m a master of outdoors survival, it doesn’t mean I like to go camping or hiking, so there’s no reason for me to own this kind of gear. I could have learned it as part of my job. Same with guns. Several police officers and soldiers don’t own civilian firearms. They see it a tool for their job, not a toy to go to the range with. Similarly, many gun nuts outta there know everything in theory only, and can’t even hit the broad side of a barn with the rifle they spent three paychecks on.

If hobbies do get included, it’d make more sense to link the items to these hobbies instead of the skills. Also, they’d make a great way to pass time and elevate the protagonist’s skills and grant stat bonuses.

2 Likes

I think I tended to run out of things to do though, to be fair, the last time I played it, I kept getting stuck in an endless loop (which I think has been fixed since then).

1 Like

@JimD well I only replay when there’s an update and usually play with my psychopathic serial killer or bad arse teen and yeah sometimes have to time waste by checking weapons etc for 1-3 choices but plenty of content :slight_smile: haven’t played in a while so not sure if it’s there already/I missed it but a rest/go to bed option like in cpt1 would be good, looking forward to the update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mallory quickly runs out of things to do because she basically accomplishes almost everything in day one. Come day two, she’s got the whole day to go out and explore, by that time she has lots of time to kill and do nothing but smoke her cigarettes :joy:

I could see her, during this spare time, scouring SurvNet for connections and information or doing one of her hobbies like reading.

1 Like

Lol I always feel pushed for time, but that is what makes the story more intense IMO. After all the MC is only human, but use stress/fatigue penalties for trying to work too hard and too fast non-stop.

1 Like

I run out of things to do before the option to rest appears.
It would be a good ideas to add hobbies to pass the time.

1 Like

@JimD, I run outta things to do. Tbh, when that happens I restart my game and play again.

1 Like

Wow, I have to much stuff to do that I barely cannot stop. It has to do with stats or backgrounds.

1 Like

@StarshinaSokolov [quote=“StarshinaSokolov, post:3533, topic:2000”]
I mean, do everyone really spend 15 minutes in the phone calling somebody who doesn’t pick up?
[/quote]

No but I need to elapse time for everything you do and 15 minutes is the least I want to track.

Hobbies are coming in the next update.

Can you elaborate?

2 Likes

Do checking the satellite phone elapses time? I don’t remember the clock changing.

In the game, protagonists with high survival skill get to like camping and own outdoors gear, however, being good at something doesn’t exactly require you to take part in it as a hobby. Not being good at something also doesn’t mean you can’t do it as a hobby anyway.

So, what I thought was: if shooting is one of the hobbies, why give weapons to the player based on ranged? If cooking is a hobby, why give players cookware based on their cooking skill? And so on…

1 Like

Thinking in broad terms, someone who is adept at a skill likely has tools of the trade. A crafter likely has crafting tools and a chef has cookware. Of course, this is not always the case, but a fair assumption. I don’t have MCs pick hobbies, just skills, and for non-profession skills, they may be considered hobbies.

3 Likes

Makes sense.

So I guess there won’t be hobbies such as singing and playing musical instruments, then? I can’t really relate them to any skills.