Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

@NJG I’ll add it to my Wish list.

@StarshinaSokolov first off, thanks for the info you sent through PM. Be prepared for questions in a week or so :slight_smile:

It’s a good idea and I’ll have to figure out if it’s worth implementing for the coding expense.

1 Like

I really think about that, And I think more than intelligence and so many books that would be great but so pain in the ass to code why don’t add to each job origin certain amount of unique crafting choices. Easier to code and add replay value . For instance a hacker could create some sort of radio device or electronic signature to opening electronic systems like locked government doors or find radio or intranet signals. A home women or men could have some food recipes that not only are healthy help rise mood and help with cold and flu… etc…
@StarshinaSokolov What do you think about it? Also you have to teach me about weapons and that stuff because I am trying to create a role-playing character a hunter survivalist, that was a veteran from Iraq.

I’m glad I could help, and feel free to ask anything at any time :slight_smile:

I always forget to take coding in account. D’oh.

I think it’s a good idea, but still seems like there’s some coding involved. The crafting recipes we already have wouldn’t be enough for all the backgrounds, and adding new ones seems like too much work.

Can do.

In coding based stuff in background is a pain but far less pain that taking account stats numbers . With background you only have to check if background x is true to allow the craft so is less work. However, I really think maybe is already enough, and adding more could be to much work for @JimD after all crafting is just a part of game, the story is more important. And too much customitation crafting could make game story less deep and stealing time to his great writing skills.

1 Like

Great game ,I chose a custom class of bodyguard ,and current captain in the armed forces , I like the customization by the way ,really cool.

2 Likes

choicescript_stats line 683: Non-existent variable ‘dante_join’

@JimD
I found a spelling mistake in chapter 2 in the boarded up home.
I chose “Talk to her but wait for a opening to attack. She has nice gear to take.” And
“Now’s the time–I attack her.” Then “While I have the element of surprise, I quickly attack her.”

Remove the space after ‘dirt’.
I had level 1 close combat.

Is the end of chapter 2 the point where you chose your skills?
On Twitter you said that ZE:SH should be done by the end of the year, will the app content be released in 2 parts?

I found a bug in the prolouge when I went on a date.
If you have a ranged weapon as any profession, when you chose “I intercept the stranger before he attacks Bailey.”
It displays this text.

I found some more mistakes in ZE1.
In part 3, when trading for medicine.
I selected “We need medicine. Are you willing to trade with us?”

Remove the comma.

I found this spelling mistake in Exodus,stage 2.
I chose “The 3 fishermen coming at you”

Over your exposed flesh.

I found some spelling mistakes in part 4 when chose to go on the mission “Scouting the area around the semi-abandoned camp site.”
I chose to head to the rock.
The options
‘Circle the rock to move out of sight’
‘Run away’
Need full stops.

I found this bug in part 5 near the end, when I left the cathedral.
I chose “This is our cathedral and I plan to defend it.”
“There are too many. I run before it is too late.”
I chose to go to the lagoon.
“You also introduce Jeremy to You introduce the rest of your companions to Jeremy who greets them in turn.”
Delete the the part of the sentence before ‘You’.

1 Like

I really liked ZE so this is totally my tempo. And the fact that I could be a teenager just make it all the better. Really like the scavenging scenes. The only thing I was frustrated with is that I was never given the option to go and help Madison (I think that’s her name). Anyway, great job mate!

Its nice to see this game coming along nicely. There are so many possibilities for it. I played as a teenager with a nephew and a german shepard. I was kinda disappointed when Dante just walked away with a “peace”. I thought he was supposed to be a little bit more significant than that. Was it because I was a teenager or is he, like most of the people that we meet, going to play some role in the future? Like joining your group, or saving you later on? Oh and sorry if you already said something about it earlier. I’m having one of those TLDR moments haha :sweat_smile:

Hello, Jim! I’m new here, and just want to thank you for your work) It’s simply awesome!
So… is it possible to save Carter (or any other character) from the death? Jonah 's death made ​​me cry!:cry:
And one more thing…Are there any jealousy between the possible romantic interest (if you are flirting with more than one character)? Like in Bioware games, I mean)

Sorry for the delay in answering questions. Life has been hectic to say the least. I do have a sizable update planned for 5/2, around 30k words of new content.

@Bugreporter

3 Parts are planned so far but I am not sure if I am adding future Parts through in-app purchase or as separate apps. Readers have preferences and it sounds like CoG prefers in-app purchases.

@Baam the option to go help Madison (and her brother, Brody) is coming in a future update.

@ChrisD

That fits his character. And yes, he will be back later if he’s alive :slight_smile:

@Anny_Cat it is possible to save some prologue characters but sadly not Carter or Jonah.

Yes, flirting with someone outside of a relationship will have an impact, maybe negative, maybe positive.

10 Likes

Saucy. :kissing_heart:

@JimD
I found a bug under ‘relationships’ in the stats screen.
choicescript_stats line 683:Non-existent variable ‘dante_join’
It appears in the prolouge and chapter 1 and 2. The bug still appears after talking to Dante.

I found this bug in chapter 2 with the soldiers and Lopez. I chose to “Rush outside and help the injured soldier.”
And “Run inside to grab a bottle of water for the soldier.”
Then “Go out to learn more about what’s going on.”

I’m not too knowledgeable about medical matters, but I don’t have to be a brain surgeon to figure out someone Know anything about that?"
As the vehicle coasts down the street, your eyes fall over the corpse of Private First Class Lopez. If the soldiers see him dead, you can’t tell how they’ll react.

So, I don’t know about y’all, but whenever I play ZE - either the original or the demo - I can’t help but listen to John Murphy’s OST for the 28 Days/Months Later movies. :sunglasses:

How do I meet Dante? I’ve played thrice now and I still don’t think I’m finding him.

Great game though. I love how much customization goes into the MC. Like playing a teenager with her nephew and having neighbors be like “Oh my god I feel so bad for you” feels great.

Dante’s a variable option. You also don’t explicitly find out his name is Dante - I think Dante is just his inferred name right now considering we’ve yet to actually have a real conversation with him. Anyways, Dante is the injured jogger you spot outside your house being chased by some zombies. If you don’t manage to save him, he’s obviously not recruitable, haha. :stuck_out_tongue: AFAIA, he appears regardless of the region you choose to live in? I could be wrong. I tend to pick the city.

Bummer, I always fail at saving that guy :sweat:

If I remember correctly… Isn’t there an option to just get in your car and run the zombies over? I think that’s one of the safer options that doesn’t really rely on stats. You might wreck your car early, but hey, you manage to save Dante!

1 Like

Lol just as long as the vehicle is not a hybrid like the cube or volt…You can total those things hitting a speed bump too fast :stuck_out_tongue: Now with my old 66 Galaxie 500 lol I’d play chicken with a tank XD.

I don’t think so. I’ve never seen the jogger, and I never pick the city.