Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

If you have a loader, spent shells, lead and gunpowder it is easy. The instructions are widely available - the equipment (loader) easy to use… if you were to use an entire day, and had enough materials 5,000 bullets can be “reloaded” a day with one person and one loader.

I never tried reloading ammo, but google says it is possible by re-sizing .223 for brass and bullet.

I wouldn’t choose a sword where modern firearms are available, but in a medieval setting, it’d be carrying a cavalry or bastard one :smile:

You could describe it as a “civilian AK”.

Same as AK’s.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to ask about that. Couldn’t you add a loader when first gathering supplies? Many gun owners have them, it could be linked to ranged.

So I guess about 200 in an hour? That’d be 7 mags per sitting. I guess it’s a reasonable way to get ammo.

A roman “gladius” type of sword - or an over-large bowie/camp type of knife would still be useful indoors and in tight locations (caves, etc) and knife/sword fighting would still be something I’d want in ZE types of situations.

As far as the AK/AR discussion - I think having the types as you do would be o.k. Only thing in that regard I’d change is within the armory, I’d have 1. a light machine-gun (m-60/SAW) and a true modern sniper system. The AR varients would be much easier to repair and keep up just because the sheer volume of parts … AKs still suffer a supply issue.

@StarshinaSokolov - 5 mags would be more reasonable, considering non-experienced people would have more mistakes.

idk … with firearms available, even a true black-belted unarmed pro would opt for a gun relying on their unarmed stuff as back-up. But that is just the way I think and those I’ve asked what they’d do. ymmv

Oh yeah. Gladius is very cool too. Since I’d rather leave knives for utilities and use double-edged daggers for combat, while favoring longer blades, a Gladius would do well as a side-arm.

I can agree with the sniper, but I don’t know about the SAW. For realism? Yeah. Gameplay? I’m not so sure.

If you can break them in the first place, that is. Also, it’s much easier to craft AK parts than AR parts, and it’s possible to craft an AR-15 in-game.

I guess this could be based on ranged/crafting. But I searched google and people say their average is 50 rounds per hour, with 100 if they really rush. I never loaded myself, so I have no idea. In the crafting page, it says you can make one load per recipe. I guess this means one mag? No mention of how much time it takes, though.

I think ammo and gun crafting should be based on ranged, instead of crafting alone. One can know how to reload spent brass but have no idea about how to make a knife, and someone who knows about guns will have much of an easier time when crafting a firearm. I’d say “Crafting OR Ranged” for ammo and “Crafting AND Ranged” for gun, while lowering crafting a bit.

The way I was taught: Firearm > Melee > Hand-to-Hand. Melee may come first if in need of a silent kill on an unaware target, but hand-to-hand is always last.

I was taught to fight large groups of trained, heavily-armed soldiers, not zombies, so stabbing people obviously isn’t one of my go-to tactics. Zombies doesn’t require such resource-consuming, attention-attracting methods of elimination. Your approach seems good enough, mind if I adopt it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Just tried with a Cavalry Sword. Very cool, indeed. And the way the scene was described made it feel like a reasonable thing to do. I didn’t even felt silly while reading it. I was invading a house full of zombies with a Cavalry Sword in hands, while a perfectly functional and fully-loaded M16 was slung across my back, mind you. Now that’s some fine writing skills right there, Jim.

Edit: Sometimes, when choosing “use another weapon”, it displays all the weapon I have in my inventory, and not only the ones I’m currently carrying. This takes away the impact of choosing what weapons we want to bring with us in a given situation.

Edit 2: After scavenging all the houses, repairing my house, and boarding it up in day two, the game enters a loop. I keep waking up, deciding my priorities, eating breakfast, and repeating.

All this talk of guns, attachments, and weapons in general has made me wonder whether the game is going to have Movie style suppressors or real life style suppressors.

Probably movie-style, since I’ve been shooting my M16 up and down with no ear-protection and no signals of deafness have shown-up yet. Also, no horde of zombies coming to investigate after I begin shooting zombies on the street.

1 Like

Hm, well there goes the only real downside to using guns…

Downside? If killing zombies while simultaneously attracting more targets for practice isn’t your thing, I don’t know what is, then :smile:

What was that? I can’t hear you from firing my gun too much. :wink:

Crossbows and compound bows are tiny little bit less loud. :grin:

1 Like

Not sure what you’re talking about.

While I’ve never personally used a compound bow (those things are expensive and overly complicated for target shooting) I have been around a lot of people who’ve used them and they’re as quiet as a normal bow. As in, slightly louder than throwing a baseball.

“Metel’, this is Volk. What are your status, over.”
“Volk, this is Metel’. Unit Sarcasm managed to move into position undetected, over.”
“Understood. Keep up with the good work. Out.”

1 Like

Yes, well that tends to happen when the only indicator of sarcasm is removed from the equation.

Saying a bow is a “tiny little bit less loud” than a gun is kind of a giveaway, isn’t it? Also, emoticon.

2 Likes

If there’s one thing I’ve learned from the internet it’s to never underestimate human ignorance.

2 Likes

@JimD
Are the Zombies in ZE like the walking dead, as in humans turn into zombies upon death?

The zombies are infected humans - they are infected by a bite and the zombies are in a sort of “death-state” not truly dead until killed by the MC or others in the story.