Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

Yeah I get where you’re coming from lol. I agree though it could be a cool aspect in terms of survival but also in forms of deception and trust. What if someone gives you meat you presume to be from a cow and it turns out to be from a human? How would you react and things like that

If that was me it would end with them wearing fire.
mmmm…
Toasty…

@WehrFox Others have answered some of these, and I address many in the context of the narrative. Zombies in ZE are very primal, in that their brains are reduced to only those functions needed to spread the virus effectively. Zombies want to bite and infect through blood (preferred) or saliva. They have no impulse control, and since their brains are reduced to brain stem and some frontal lobe control, they have poor motor skills and no cognitive ability. They can’t be pets, and unlike TWD, ZE does not suggest zombies can be made passive by removing their jaws or arms. This virus does not transform animals to zombified versions but can be lethal to them in large doses. Devlin is not a carrier. Virus doesn’t live inside of him.

@anon7590524 I get this question quite often. I currently have no direct plans for cannibalism in ZESH but if humanity score drops real low… maybe.

2 Likes

Hey I was reading over the talk about weapon mods just then and had a idea, I know that it is probs to late to put it in the game and that, but being able to be a blacksmith or like was it River or Star that was the knife smith in the last game, I can’t remember. But like being able to craft your own weapons like a short-sword or a Gladius.
Just trying to see that, a some raider comes up to me with a cleaver or something like that and I just pull out a short-sword and spin the blade in my hand and be like What was that about you wanting my stuff? XD

I’m constantly checking this demo everyday xD I’m so excited for the next update, and of course, the release

ok… wow this was an amazing demo i love the fact that you have so much freedom in customizing the MC the fact that you can give them quirks( i forgot what they were called) was awesome i played as a bank robber that had delusions and was a kleptomaniac… just awesome

@Bailz901 you can currently create weapons in the game up to a certain point. I can add in other weapons, such as a short sword.

@Zombieofgoths 8/31 will finish chapter 2 :smile:

@jonnyboy666 thanks. Delusions is a fun challenge. It’s one with a lot of subtle impact.

3 Likes

The demo so far is AMAZING I check every week for new updates. I’ve basically memorized all of your other games but this by far is the most anticipated for me, especially because of how descriptive the story is and how different each scenario is depending on the characters you choose. I love the teenager story it’s so original (^^)

1 Like

@JimD wow the demo is astonishing and i thoroughly enjoyed from beginning to end of your current demo!

1 Like

@hapamama93 @loreenfernandez thank you both!

I’m still on track for the next update on 8/31, which is already an addition of 25,000 words with 10k to go.

1 Like

Jim at this point is it exagerating to call you a deity? Because I worship your games.

You can call me a glutton for punishment. I see whole games written with less word count than one of my chapters.

10 Likes

@JimD that is good, i am looking forward to this update. BTW is the bank
robber friend going
to be a recurring NPC?

1 Like

@JimD But that’s why your games are awesome and so many people love them.
Hell i said it before and will say it again, if your working on a game
i am ready to put up the money upfront.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for the update, keep up the work @JimD

Congrats, your game is fantastic. I’ve already played the first game and I loved it. I really felt like I was in a Zombie Apocalypse and this new one looks amazing too. I liked the new changes you have done with the game and I really can’t wait for the release of the complete game. Congrats again.

I liked the first game, but this have even more potential! I can’t wait for more interaction with other humans… :smirk: I must prepare my shotgun for this!

Ha ha, penguins are great I hope there’s some interaction with them in this game

You plan for the whole game to break 1,000,000 don’t you? Literally breaking records

Thanks everyone. After watching Fear the Walking Dead’s pilot episode, I am motivated/inspired to work nightly on ZE:SH.

@killnsin I plan 400-500k words per part and at least 3 parts. I am not limiting Safe Haven to 3 parts. I’ll see how I feel after that.

I have a few ideas to keep the game feeling new for a long time.

7 Likes