Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

@Storm Try clearing your cookies. I had the same issue until I cleared my cookies

Yeah that worked. Thanks.

When you’re thinking of how you feel about the couple in the expensive rancher the second last sentence of the second paragraph says “You leave Sean’s house through the kitchen door” even though I’m not in his house.

After I saved Lyle and Jillian it says “Sure, take a minute, but hurry. I head the infected nearby.” I’m assuming you meant “hear”. Typos aside it’s shaping up well.

Wow! This is awesome. I also played ZE before but the new ZE is too awesome!!!

Small errors:

• Right, I’m her father’s father—well, her aunt has a house not too far from here, out on Cherry Street. She was supposed to be home all day, but when we pulled up to the house, the lights are off and no one answered the door. We waited quite a while but…
  • Taking water from tub, chapter 2: You gain an additional 20 units of water, but the text says you gain 25.
  • I’m not even sure this one counts as an error, but I didn’t follow L&J to their car, nor did I spy on them. When Jillian came back, the option to hack into the defense network still appeared, though it wasn’t selectable anymore. Perhaps it would make more sense to just make it disappear completely, since the option isn’t relevant anymore?

Also, I think it would be nice to be able turn on the faucet and do something else while the bathtub fills up. It always bugs me a little when I see I spent 30 minutes watching water flow.

What are mechanical tools for? I had the option to pick them up at Fred’s house, but didn’t because I checked the crafting reference and, though plenty of things required crafting tools, I couldn’t find any that required the mechanical ones.

But the water… so… wet…

4 Likes

You need to do this. Or at least have Mr Pimphands Macgee

1 Like

Most of the errors reported so far have been fixed, though I am still smoothing out transitions between sections.

@SaucyMinx sorry that happened. There is a Restore Purchases option if that happens again

@Sophia thanks!

@Shell you’re right about mechanical tools having no use yet, so I added some items for crafting with mechanical tools. Plus I am adding vehicles to chapter 3.

Wow, I thought the scope of Zombie Exodus was impressive. Then I tried the demo for ZE:SH and the beginning just blew me away. Good luck and great job so far

1 Like

A few questions about the zombies in this story:
1.) Can these zombies climb ladders?
2.) If one was to bite a zombie, would he/she become infected?
3.) Is the virus exclusive to humans, or can our pets become infected (possibly through virus mutation)?
4.) Are their digestive and excretory systems functional? If not, where does their food go?
5.) Would gouging out a zombie’s eyes allow him/her to be used as a practically harmless deterrent?
6.) Since a zombie is a human with a virus, could they possess enough impulse control to remain relatively normal if kept away from humans?
7.) If Devlin bit someone, would they become infected?
8.) How do zombies know the difference between friend and foe?
9.) Can they be tricked into believing something or someone is a friend or foe?
10.) What is the most complex thing a zombie can do?
11.) If we were to feed a captive zombie long enough, could it become our friend/loveable pet?

What kind of pets? Like !SPOILER! michone’s zombies in walking dead or more like a human dog? plus could you imagine the gifs if it was the latter?

This is basically a list of all the glaring plot holes in modern zombie fiction that no one ever bothers to think about because ‘thinking is hard, but you should still totally take zombies seriously’.

@WehrFox Some of these I believe have been answered, at least if you played Zombie Exodus.
1: I don’t know. I would assume that they could not, with limited brain cognition.
2: Also a I don’t know. I would say no, a dog can bite a zombie and not turn, in the first one. I believe that it should be a yes for a human.
3: Animals can be turned, doesn’t the squirrel turn in the demo.
4: If I had to hazard a guess, they don’t work, but zombies do excrete fluids from their pores, so maybe it works that way.
5: No, because it wouldn’t cause the pain to a zombie as it would a human, a bat to the face would mess a human up, but in this story it doesn’t really do anything to a zombie but make them stumble.
6: They are solely driven by hunger and the need to feed, they die if they don’t, so no they won’t remain normal.
7: If the virus is still in his body, yes, because it would be transferred and not cured from being in his body.
8: Honestly, smell to tell the difference between alive and dead.
9: Yes they can, play the first one.
10: Running, swinging it arms, getting up, take your pick.
11: It would not, it would still try to kill you.

I think what 5 is asking is if zombies have their eyes gouged out does that mean you can use them as security since they can’t see.

Ok thank you. As a harmless deterrent, against other survivors I would say that it wouldn’t be enough. Also, it still could be a danger to you, and against other zombies, it wouldn’t do anything to them.

Yea.
I would rather put up alot of very visisble verybpainful looking traps to deter them.
And if thet aren’t then the hidden traps will kill them

I also would rather just set bear traps and deal with the consequences, than try to tie a bunch of zombies in my front yard.

You want to eat humans? O_o. Well maybe in an ending your character could go crazy and become a cannibal.

Well yes there was cannibalism but your character never participated in it. But hey, whatever floats your boat :slight_smile: