Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

Am I a bad person if I killed them at my first opportunity? But honestly they are kind of a**holes. Jim, I did not read the whole page but what we’re your goal storywise? So far it only seem like surviving but will you add some sort of goal? For example, the first zombie exodus had a certain set of missions to accomplish yet this game seem more free if you see what I mean. How would you compare both games goals? Except if the goal will Be to find a safe haven, in that case I Answered my own question.

@Martymcchew people may be curious about them and keep L&J or readers may just want to play a particular style and try to save everyone.

@cyanide I guess it depends on your motives. Did you kill them because you felt threatened or just want to kill them? L&J are not outwardly nice people, so some of the game is to find out if they have redeeming qualities.

As far as goals, first it’s survival but goals will change. Securing your home or finding safe haven is another major goal in chapter 2.

Well i didnt directly want to kill them right away, only wanted to kick them out after I found the girl searching trough my backpack but then you can guess what happenend to make me hate them. I’m not saying the characters were badly writen though, to have me hate a character (charactes) with so much real hate need talent. Actualy I wouldnt mind seing them again after I kicked them out, even in a sort of antagonist role! Actualy is thay something that could be seen? Could a character be our best friend and savior in a playtrough and also be able to our worst nightmare in another? That would be sweet to see characters in different roles. Usualy a character supposed to be a friend will either be your friend if you’re nice and have negative feeligs for you but still stick around or just leave but it would be interesting to see characters actualy hating you at the point where they make it their goal to take you down and stick around to give you trouble once in a while like a real enemy. (God sorry for the faults I’m drunk and too lazy to correct)

1 Like

Every time I try to “call my nephew’s mom” in the game I get an error, and when I try to call Jamie I get an error. Also is there a way to save both the con-artists from the raiders? So far the game seems pretty fun. I especially like how you integrate the pets and the nephew as story elements. Beware of feature creep even though the nephew and the dog are great game elements I imagine they are a pain in the posterior to implement. Can’t wait to play the full game.

Hey, just one thing is Billie going to be able to be a romances option?

I hope so she seems cute.

1 Like

@cyanide if you kick them out and they live, you may or may not see them again depending on other choices.

@Zach_Ellinger can you tell me the errors in more detail, such as any messages you receive? I can’t replicate them.

The nephew and dog are time-consuming but I enjoy the complexity if you can believe it.

@Bailz901 yes, she will be an RO.

It was happening all weekend, but I can’t get it to happen now. It must have been some sort of gremlin in my computer. Sorry for wasting your time. I’m still looking forward to your game.

Having the dog as a pet makes it feel like a classic post apocalyptic scene like A Boy and His Dog, Road Warrior, or Fallout. The last two actually drew from the first.

Huh, it reminded me of I am Legend.

That one too. Omega Man was better though.

Although there are probably larger issues at hand, I believe I have found a few minor errors and inconsistencies while skimming.

In the Skills and Skill Reference areas, “Close-combat Weapons” may need to be changed to “Close-Combat Weapons.” This may allow it to be more similar in format to “Hand-to-Hand Combat.”

When choosing a dog, it will always be male, but the feminine name “Luna” is still an option.

“Yo, you seein this stuff on the news? Every channel is talking about this infection, people dying and comin back to life, zombies.” “seein” may need an apostrophe added.

Filling the dishwasher, you notice a speck of red on the bottom of the white, oven door. I believe the second comma may be unnecessary.

“Sorry, everyone but we have to suspend the film,” I am not sure about this one, but I believe a comma may be needed after “everyone.”

Also, thank you for providing a long list of items for crafting and simplifying the inventory system.

It should be “Sorry everyone, but we have to suspend the film,”. “Sorry everyone” is one sentence then you need a comma after “everyone” to make it a compound sentence.

I can’t believe I hadn’t thought to do this yet! I will sculpt my nephew into a remorseless zombie killing machine! Yes, yes Strokes my goatee in an evil fashion I will train him well. Together my war hound and whoever happens to be on my team at the time will not only survive the Exodus we will thrive.

2 Likes

I am more in the time to make my own nation and my heir will be my nephew.

2 Likes

Yes, good idea there. If for some reason that the MC has no child of their own by the time a nation is formed little Timmy will lead the world from chaos. By uniting the survivor groups/exterminating them whilst defending your nation against the zombie hordes. Hmm and you’d have to raise him a certain way so that he rules a certain way. Depending on your relationship with him you could influence his decisions if you’re still alive that is. @JimD we have this games sequel ready to roll. :wink:

@WehrFox reporting minor errors is just as helpful as gamebreaking ones. I’ll make those changes. Thanks!

@Zach_Ellinger thanks. Good catch.

So your nephew will kind of be like Clementine in TellTale’s The Walking Dead Season 2? In truth that is kind of what I hoping to do > (without the post-apocalyptic parental figure dying)

3 Likes

@JimD actually mentioned up above how he’s trying to avoid that comparison. But of course taking care of a kid in the apocalypse is always going to form a kind of lee and clementine like relationship, but from what I’ve seen and JimD has said, you’ll be able to raise the nephew how you want, like you raise him to be a cold-hearted zombie expert who has no remorse killing to survive. You can’t really do that with clementine.

It’s also like the movie/book The Road.