Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

You just hope he remembers it when he wakes up and doesn’t hate the hang over he’s doomed to face.

Should be his.

I got this while I was playing around the end of the demo, I had a German Shepard but I didn’t have a nephew.

I fed the dog the night before, and ended up getting this the next morning: "He licks your hand, and that’s when you realize you didn’t feed him yesterday. " It also said I didn’t eat, but I had assumed I ate when I fed Lyle and Jillian.

Aside from the ones everyone has already reported I’ve found a few more:

When going to the army base it doesn’t set “know_brain_kill” to true despite Faulkner saying “Our only recourse is to put them down with a head shot”

In chapter 2, there is a choice which is “#Make contact with Colonel Faulkner through the satellite phone.” which is accessible if you have the sat phone. The problem with this is - as far as I can tell - When you go to the army base it sets sat_phone to false.

Chapter one, if you select to call Jaime, you contact him using your CB radio. He recommends you gather supplies, so I chose to directly gather supplies after, but then it says you almost forgot about having a CB radio. That doesn’t really make sense.

There’s also a part, when you come home (in my case from the AAS) it says something along the line that you are worried about a great many “things”. That’s plural, but the other part of the sentence is set in singular instead of plural.

Third thing: When the blind man and his granddaughter appear (Lyle and JIllian, I believe?), I got a greyed-out option of performing first aid on his wounded leg, probably because my Medicine skill wasn’t high enough. However, later, when you get to choose how you spend your evening, I did get the option to perform first aid (as well as a seperate option of helping him clean his wounds, so I guess performing first aid is a “higher grade” choice?). My Medicine was at 45% at that time. I guess the second option should be greyed-out (or invisible).

Edit: Apparently, in Chapter 2 in the three-floor house, you can answer the phone right after answering the phone.

Another Edit: Not all items you can take in the attic of that house are listed in the text, although they are listed as options. Also, it says I can take Bottles of water (20) but that is an option that isn’t displayed.

Yet Another Edit: In the most populated starting zone, when you call Fred, he says he’s eating “chill”, I guess that’s supposed to be “chili”.

I believe that first choice also has to do with your character’s personality/morality stats(not sure exactly which one it procs off of though). Basically if your character isn’t overall trusting of having strangers run around the house unsupervised you end up following Jillian up the stairs and have to tend to Lyle later.

? His? Which one? I think it’s fine the way it is…

1 Like

With the attic searched, you climb down the stairs to the second floor. You and your nephew leave the house through the side door, content on your search.

-I didn’t choose to have a nephew.

He lets out a short whimper, and you lean over and pet him. He licks your hand, and that’s when you realize you didn’t feed him yesterday.

I got this text after I fed my dog, and also at the start of Chapter 2 it said I didn’t eat anything (which I did). :cold_sweat:

I ran into a few issues.

1. It said I didn’t feed my dog the previous day when I did.
  2. When I was searching the house it kept saying that items I could take included bottles of water but there was no option to take bottled water.
  3. When I left the house it said that me and my nephew left but I chose not to take him with me.

dude thank you for helping me awhile back I’m sorry jason that I pissed you and the other people here at choice of games I am a newbie and I don’t like to resarech because I am lazzy

1 Like

hey not that I am complaining but could you please place a save sy/em in your demo so I don’t have to restart every time

Is it possible for the dependent child and pet to die? If yes, will it result in a game over? Or will the story continue?

I remember jimD saying the child can die at a great cost to the main character so I assume the game continues just at a massive cost to your sanity and such.

I’ve made progress on the errors. The inventory system is complex, so it’s time-consuming to fix. Do people feel it’s worth the effort? It’s a kind of mini-game wherein you balance usefulness of items with weight. People asked for more in ZE1, so I thought a full system would be worthwhile in ZE:SH.

I’m also going to make it easier to “keep” L&J. Do people like their content?

How many of you play with the dependent and pet challenges? (and yes, if they die, there are big penalties).

Finally, would you play with randomized challenges (optionally)?

1 Like

Personally I didn’t care for the inventory aspect, at least as currently implemented. It was just way too tedious to choose topick up fifteen items one at a time in each room, especially since I’m guessing I’ll have to repeat the process in reverse when I get back home. At the least there needs to be a “take all” or “take all of type” choice but, if you’re already struggling with implementation, I’m not sure it’s worth trying to add complexity over just dropping te feature, at least IMO. Spending a bunch of time fiddling with my backpack has never been a highlight of any video game I’ve ever played.

L&J seem like interesting characters, but it’s too early this say a ton, especially since the more sympathetic and fleshed out of the pair (at least at this point) doesn’t stick around. I play with dog and kid and so far definitely plan to in the finished game. Am kind of jazzed about kid’s crayon plan since it seems legitimately actionable. Not sure why I’m running out of pet food after one day but not noticing I’m using the last of it the night before.

Personally would not olay with randomized challenges.

1 Like

@Wonderboy The inventory system seems very tedious but people have given positive feedback so far. I just wonder if it’s a vocal minority. I will fix the dog-feeding issues, they are bugged.

@Lycoris Oops, I had a herp derp moment, I just do not like contractions in the main body of the text (for character interaction it is cool for a conversation; for that is how people communicate, but in the body of the story I tend to frown on that.). Heh I just do not know why my brain seized up on that one.

Personally I’m in two minds about the inventory system. On the one hand there was an ‘oh god not again’ aspect when I was doing multiple playthroughs in a row, but that won’t really be a problem so much with the real thing. On the other hand (and more relevant overall) I really like the idea. I can’t remember if it’s already a thing, but if not it would be very useful to have the items you put in your backpack remain there (maybe automatically removing the stuff you pick up while scavenging) so you don’t have to keep on putting the same stuff in every time - and maybe you get notified if you’ve got a gun/bow but not the appropriate ammo when you leave? I can imagine clicking the wrong type by accident or thinking I’ve got some left, then getting killed by a roaming zombie. Also, maybe taking your nephew with you (or other allies) gives you more space, as he can carry stuff too? You said it was already pretty complicated though, so feel free to ignore all that. It’s a nifty feature either way.

I liked L & J. By ‘keep’ I’m assuming you mean have them stay the night? I don’t know how to block spoilers, so I won’t go into detail but I couldn’t find a way to keep them around for the scavenging mission. If there isn’t a way, I’d be more likely to just nick their stuff and kick them out; no point being nice if they won’t last long enough for a lot of extra content.

I’m using both the dependent and the pet challenges (and just saying but I adore the husky names you came up with). I think randomized challenges would be a great option. It would be even better, IMO, if you could randomize one or two challenges, as well as all three - for example, if I knew I wanted a pet cat, but wanted to leave the other two up to fate, I could click the cat then randomize the others - but randomizing in general would be fun too.

I always choose the path and dependent child option, however randomizing it has its upside and downside.