Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

I would really like to see a ending or any part of the story that contains actually managing a shelter. As in, a bunch of people (Let’s say, 20. ) living together. A society. It would be pretty gr8 if you could actually manage that. Being only mentioned as the ending (congrats u did it ; D ) or a freature.

While having a lot of people could be well…hard to code and all. It would still be pretty neat to see everyone be kind of important in terms of relationship. Maybe dating is not always the best solution. Having few people like you, even if a lot, doesn’t mean that you’re safe.

I don’t think you would need to be the leader, but someone who could express their opinion and change fates on your daily life. Even if I feel like this would prob be in the end, I really like some kind of -slice of life- situation.

1 Like

love it up to know but I feel like the soldiers strength should be at least 60 not 45

1 Like

@JimD
I noticed that as a police officer, if you select “Springfield M1903” when you gather your food and supplies it doesn’t show in the inventory. However it shows when you chose what primary and secondary weapons to select in chapter 1 and 2.

plus if you choose soldier or commander or combat medic shouldn’t you be able to grab your combat gear like armour and helmet and things like that plus when you choose commander would be awesome if you could get some soldiers with you too.

You aren’t actually at work at the time so you don’t have your combat gear with you.

@JimD I’m wondering is there any reason why you got rid of the advanced attribute ranking system, or will you be bringing it back eventually?

but you get to go over to the army base to talk to the colonel guy so you could go over to the armoury and get your shite lol

@JimD
On twitter you said that ZE:SH part 1 should be done by summer 2016. How many chapters will part 1 have?

1 Like

@valentineheart I will take your advice on endings into consideration. I will have it so you can become leader or choose not to lead but still impact group choices.

@Arcane_warrior all of the professions are balanced if you let the game pick for you. If you disagree think stats should be different, you can customize your stats instead.

@Bugreporter good catch on the inventory bug. I will fix it.

Originally six, but I am redesigning the game, so maybe 10 or so.

@alleykae it causes lots of issues during testing. I will add it back in a later update, close to publishing.

@JimD
A couple of questions,
If part 1 ends up having ten chapters then do you know how many the finished game will have?
Also, how many parts will the game be split into or have you not decided yet?

I originally planned 12 but after recent redesign, added 6 more. So my outline is up to 18 chapters in 2 parts.

After that, I may keep adding more parts if readers want me to keep going.

3 Likes

So this could possibly become a game that gradually and continuously expands if we back it up? Count me in.

4 Likes

I really enjoy this genre and style of game so if people keep reading, I’ll keep writing.

13 Likes

Could be CoG’s first never ending game :wink:

2 Likes

that’d be uber :slight_smile: it’d mean it’s always current(to some extent anyway) and it works with t.v shows (like the simpsons, south park etc)…ok they’re feeling their age, but hopefully JimD would be different and would know when to kill them off so it doesn’t end up ending badly if you get what I mean.

1 Like

@JimD You da man :’)

1 Like

@JimD , First of all, I’m a huge fan of your work. your game, the first Zombie Exodus, introduced me to the world of text-based adventure games (and a great fix to my grammar…) so I’d like to thank you for your AMAZING games. including, my current favorite of all the text-based games I’ve played… Wise Use Of Time.

Secondly… I want you to know, my Niece LOVES your work. she’s 10 years old, and she finished Zombie Exodus (I blame you for 2 days of her endless crying after she reached the ending…) and she’s been playing the ZE:SH Demo More than a dozen times, trying out each new thing.

Lastly… her birthday is coming up on December 15th, if you could update demo for her then (or any time you like, it’s your game, I wont force ya…), you’d really make her the happiest girl on the planet

if you’re reading this, thanks = )

4 Likes

It seems your niece is becoming your own little Clementine :wink:

So I’ve got a question about the delusional challenge… The first time I ran with it, I was playing as a police officer and it’s kind of one of those /chinscratch moments where you’d ask yourself “why was this guy allowed on the force?”. I don’t know if you just had the delusions start off so early in the demo for the sake of showcasing just what the challenge would be like in the full game, but I definitely think it should start off later in the game, especially with some of the professions.

1 Like

Perhaps the delusions could start when the outbreak begins, the scenes of violence, gore and chaos cracks their sanity.

Playing the crazy in an apocalypse would make a great play through, I’d call my character Catherine.