Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

@JimD
In the end of chapter 2, I visited the school gym and equipped the football helmet and pads, but they show in the inventory as “none, and a football helmet, and football pads”.

1 Like

I got this error in the scene where the MC is escaping the party (teenager with driving lvl2)

You grab the bike lock and jam your key inside, but of course, it slips out. The snow envelopes the small piece of metal, and you drop down to pick it up. Red Hat bursts in a full sprint. Snow falls, coating the ground, and making your hands slippery. You lift the key and juggle it while your eyes stay locked on Red Hat only two house lengths away. He howls; you slip the key into the lock and let the chain fall to the curb.

One house length. You turn the bike and jump on. Your peddling starts slow, and a deranged yelp slips from Red Hat’s throat. You grab the bike lock and jam your key inside, but of course, it slips out. The snow envelopes the small piece of metal, and you drop down to pick it up. Red Hat bursts in a full sprint. Snow falls, coating the ground, and making your hands slippery. You lift the key and juggle it while your eyes stay locked on Red Hat only two house lengths away. He howls; you slip the key into the lock and let the chain fall to the curb.

One house length. You turn the bike and jump on. Your peddling starts slow, and a deranged yelp slips from Red Hat’s throat.

I’m so sorry I haven’t checked the thread in so long um can I get a link please I would like to get back in the swing of things I had forgotten how much I actually liked this game

@Generikb
http://zombieexodus.com/ze2/web/mygame/index.html
The link is also on the first post.

Front page!

8 Likes

@JimD
I assume Jaime is going to be a romance interest, because when Jaime asks if you have completed your dating profile, it shows this option “I’ll only sign up if I get matched with you,” I say".
Also is Jaime bisexual, because the option is present before you can chose your gender?

I noticed this! I was wondering if Jaime would become a love interest, guess @JimD heard our calls :wink:

Edit: I noticed something too, Jaime is a neutral gender name, maybe Jaime’s gender will match our MC’s interests in the future since this flirt choice is present. Or like you said, Jaime could be bisexual.

1 Like

@JimD
When I click on ‘Review Crafting Reference’ then ‘Weapon Accessories & Parts’ I think Silence needs to be changed to Silencer.
The subtitle ‘Weapon Accessories & Parts’ has a full stop but the other subtitles don’t.
To craft a crossbow it requires crafting 65 or survival 55, but the survival skill description is ‘measures how well an individual can survive outdoors and withstand the rigors of an Apocalyptic setting.’

Um… What? Pretty sure you meant to say something else.

1 Like

I believe the first silencer was spelt incorrectly, however the forums autocorrect changed it to what it should be, although it still informs is that in the game the word silencer is spelt wrong. @JimD Also, I like the current position if the story a lot, especially the climatic meeting with Jamie. If possible, I’d suggest trying to fix bugs and typos before attempting to write more content.

1 Like

@Bugreporter I can answer your question for the football armour bug because I had that too and had a thought on it.

I think what it means is there is no proper ‘armour’ as in body armour, but you have headgear and limb armour along with it. So there’s three slots for it: armour, headgear and accessory.

Also @JimD do you think the date (Bailey, Vivien, Derrick or Jake.) will reappear? The way you can connect with them and how they can show interest in you (e.g. lean in close and holding your hand) if you choose certain choices. I highly doubt they would just play a cameo, and perhaps become a member of your safe haven and RI if you chose the right options? I imagine they all have the same coded personality, you just get to choose their character.

@WhiteLynx I have an outline for the game and many things are possible down the road but it’s hard to give too much away this early. Romance for teens will be included. So far, Madison and Brody are options. There will be more, including Jaime. Also, teens can flirt with anyone, but all NPCs have personalities and can reject players based on many reasons, including age.

@Bugreporter

that’s a problem :smile:

People have asked if he can be a romantic option, so I made it so. Jaime has been a long-time friend so progressing the relationship to romantic will be harder than other NPCs. He will be open to all genders.

@Muklin it’s so strange to see ZE up on Steam. It made front page in the big area for a few minutes, but it’s based on newness. I’ll take it!

@Nathan_Faxon Jaime is male. I find it unrealistic for a long game to gender flip.

Not sure. I didn’t expect them to show, but I actually developed their personalities. They are not one NPC with different names. I didn’t anticipate Reilly or Chandra as recurring NPCs and I changed that in chapter 1. We’ll see :smile:

@fairlyfairfighter

That’s my plan!

2 Likes

I do hope so. I like how humble and laid back Bailey is and Derrick is an excitable kid if you choose the movie star profession :smile:

I like how RIs will have requirements to romance them. I’m open to all sexual preferences, but every romantic interest in ZE being bisexual (especially Tom) seemed a bit strange to me. Don’t get me wrong I’m fine with it it’s just the only one who was hinted as bisexual was Mindy while Tom and Heather’s backgrounds seemed Hetero (Heather’s terrorist ex-boyfriend and Tom’s beloved wife). If some characters in ZESH their own sexually (some are straight, some are gay and others are bisexual) combined with the age thing like you said, I’d say it would have a lot more replay value and encouraging us to try different professions, genders and sexualities with each playthrough, at least I certainly would see it that way :blush:

2 Likes

@JimD
In chapter 1 when I selected ‘gather my food and suplies’ when it displayed ‘you own a’ when ‘Marlin Model 336’ was selected I found this spelling error.

Add a full stop after potential.
Also in chapter 1 when it says ‘you remember buying a few supplies for a camping trip’ when crossbow is clicked the text “Reload time is longer with crossbow, though.” Needs to be changed to 'with a crossbow, though."

When Lyle and Jillian are killed in chapter 1 there is an option to tell Fred, but only that you kicked them out, can you add a option to tell Fred that you killed them.

Try to never be deceived by appearances, especially in any games on this site, as there’s no time like the apocalypse for the restrictions people feel present society places on them to come undone and/or give in to the urge to experiment a little.

Good to hear and I like that you can express an interest in him now during the phone call. I’d still like an option for the movie star to refuse to sign up for the dating site on account of his celebrity though. Even if celebrities want to date one of us normal mortals they have plenty of other avenues open to them after all. Besides any account a sufficiently famous celebrity would make on a dating site is likely to receive one of two responses. A) Lol! This must be a fake U troll, stop using pictures of famous people in ur dating profile! Or b) a field day for the tabloids and hackers, even more so than most of the other avenues. You could possibly have the dating site try to recruit our movie star character for one of those cheesy win a date with X contests that teen magazines in the late 90’s seemed fond of over here, I suppose, but a normal profile that’s just not very likely to happen.

Realistically, if it looks like an adult and talks like an adult and that person is compatible with us personality wise, it’s likely our body will give us the green light regardless and high school seniors in the US (grade 12, I believe) are usually age 17-18, so it’s not only possible but highly likely our teenage MC’s might experience their 18th birthday and current age of majority in most jurisdictions I know during the course of game.
Also you likely have to go with your best judgement compared with what people are willing to tell you about their age after a while as the country is not going to be in state where you can easily verify someone’s personal details for very long anymore during the game.

3 Likes

It’s not really about realism in the game, though. It’s about how the people playing the game will view a possibly underage person getting with a grown adult.

But wouldn’t it be lot better if the relationship was available like one with an adult but not sexual one but that of an older brother and younger sister type (like the one I had for example) where the adult refuse to have sex with the MC until they are of age while another one would be where the NPC uses the MC to satisfy their own lust .

Cause that would be more realistic and who doesn’t want it or offended by it should not pursue it

Btw i’am saying my own opinion and everyone is free to have a different one and I’am not trying to force anything so if anyone is offended by this comment then sorry sir or madam and have a nice day

2 Likes

Huh, so a young/older relationship? TBH I wouldn’t really care, but to me ‘romance’ doesn’t have to be about people banging each other as soon as they meet (heh, we have mass effect for that) but about the characters spending time together.

3 Likes

Amen to that! 80% CoGs I played is pretty much me getting the romance achievement when they bang. There’s been a few where a romance has little to no sexual contact, but not many.

So a romance where there’s barely any sex mentioned and more about companionship would be a refreshing addition.

3 Likes

And that is what i’am talking about, stuff like flirting or getting to know who you’re in love with cause most of my relationhips so far have been about befriending that person more than trying to sleep with them and I never actually do it before with anyone (mainly because iam like 3/5 years younger than most of the people I dated, and they all treated me like a younger sibling than a lover) and that would be a great relationhip to have (though nobody mind some sexy time here and there right?).

2 Likes