Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

meh special zombies seem a bit too cheesy but if anyone can pull it off it’ll be JimD :slight_smile: but like how he did devlinne in z1 as it was subtle, clever and not cheesy at all being sudo realistic.

2 Likes

Maybe having the zombies evolve as long as they eat and when humans’ numbers decrease over time they become more angry and more messed up looking but thier speed decrease because of the lack of food and maybe you could add my version of the great patient zero (all hail the apocalypse bringer, the devourer of mankind) or not cause the classic runners and acid spittersand bulkheads are kinda overused but giving them the ability to jump 2:3 meters in the air would be scary and even add the big mama type screamers would be a real pain to encounter too … but anyway is the virus a parasite/bio-weapon/normal virus/fungus(like the one in “the last of us” … Ooh! when my MC called her mother’s phone the guy who answered said he found it on a dead woman but nobody mentioned the father maybe he could come back but as a bitten by a zombie in the way and force the MC to shoot him or not and have him as Devlin in the first game (also have his name be Shaun) do I talk a lot?

Different types of zombies for sure. One of the few things that made me buy The Last Of Us (apart of the awesome story).

Maybe add a zombie like the witch from left 4 dead (scariest f***ing zombie ever)

Eh, special zeds aren’t my thing. I’m all for ‘bizarre zombies’ like seeing a distinguishable zombie as one offs, like the bone arm shank in my previous post. There’s many possibilities, like an overweight zombie is so far in decomposition his belly is pretty much rotten with pus and spills out like a burst sewage pipe if it’s belly is punctured rather than ‘explode’. That would be really damaging for mental health seeing THAT happen, or a zombie which managed to pull itself through a barrier of razor wire, making it a walking spike trap that would dice you up if it gets a grapple on you.

But I wouldn’t make these a common occurance like a special zed. Just those special one time encounters, catches our survivors off guard. If it happens a little too much it would ruin the mood and make too hard for our survival, our group isn’t exactly the Left 4 Dead squad. All I have is my Police MC, a conspiracy theory best friend, an over excited nephew, snarky con artist and a cat called Rumpelstiltskin. I’m surprised they lived past the school. I need my Mindy/Devlin badass survivor already, or at least Daryl Dixon.

4 Likes

@JimD
I think that the type of zombies there should be is intelligent Zombies, that are able to: use improvised/meele weapons, set simple traps, ambush survivors and work in groups to hunt and kill/infect Survivors.

Working as groups and using ambush tactics? Yes. Seems like a horde thing to do.

Using melee weapons? I can see that happening if the let’s say the zed has something long and sharp impaled into its forearm by a previous survivor. It doesn’t know it’s using it, it’s just trying to grab it’s meal and then voilà! Human shishkebab.

Setting traps? Hmm, do you mean setting traps as humans do? Or like a zed is docile on the floor, appearing dead, and once it catches scent or sight of a survivor close enough it pounces for the kill?

I was thinking of zombies setting traps like humans, but a zombie playing dead sounds more realistic.
It would be cool if zombies could learn to use meele weapons from watching survivors.

If the zed was holding a weapon at the time they turned and then rigor mortis kicked into the hand, I can believe that.

Oh and @JimD I found a few errors

Female Combat Medic, Challenges: domestic cat.

When I went to meeting at the army base, I was referred by the Corporal and Faulkner as ‘sir’ rather than ‘ma’am’.

Fast forward to when Jillian offers to come with me to get Jaime. In the choice options, one says ‘she she needs to earn my trust’, a double she there. Also I had the two choices of finding her attractive but my MC is only attracted to males.

@JimD
In chapter 1 when Lyle and Jillian ask if I have any weapons I selected “I have a weapon but no gun”, and this text was displayed, despite the fact I had a gun.

I played as an infantry soldier.

When I played with delusions as a challenge I found this spelling error.

Put a space between ‘in’ and ‘the’.

I found this error as a con artist in the prologue. I selected that I liked men and women,

When I selected the email from Garrett, I went to his house, and when the joggers were let in I selected “I run out the back of the house. These people are on their own.” His gender changed to female.

I’m against super zombies in ZE. They’d completely change the atmosphere of the story. Super zombies really only exist because people are obsessed with zombies and they’re used to much that they’ve become formulaic and tiresome. Adding super powers is an easy way to add a cheap thrill without having to actually be good at writing. They’re great for action games like L4D or Dead Island where the story takes backseat to just killing tons of zombies (and getting loot in DI’s case) but in a game that’s so focussed on story and human drama all they’d do is make it that much harder to suspend disbelief.

I think you mean “pseudo-realistic”, in which case I should point out that that pseudo means fake.

7 Likes

There are pros and cons to both sides of the argument. I like @Nathan_Faxon idea of the zombie with the bone-shank arm, or encountering one that has sharp/pointy bits sticking out from a previous encounter.

We have also seen in ZE:1 the possibility of a zombie “leader” with Badger “appearing” to be directing an attack after he turns. Keep in mind that he might not have been, we never get any actual confirmation.

A little of topic, but that actually reminded me of this movie I watched in which the zombies would retain some of their characteristics before they turned. This lead to a zombie “leader” who could stalk and set a trap, but also had a vegetarian zombie who never harmed anyone, talked, and ended up sacrificing his zombie self for his companions to escape.

As for Zombies with actual powers, I would rather there not be any, for pretty much the same reasons as Shoelip.

1 Like

oh yeah I know :stuck_out_tongue: but what I meant is obviously zombies as they are portrayed are fake but the z games aren’t overtly silly, daft etc they tried to be realistic as much as possible…sudo realistic

Maybe no giant minigun zombie but making an infected human with enough willpower to resist the virus as much as they can and becoming zombies but with the same personality/intelligent but unable to resist the hunger and the need to spread the virus lead the zombies for hunting survivors sounds realistic also I still want the jumpers (since I haven’t seen them in any game or movie) and the patient zero (there has to be someone/something they tested the virus on first right?) as a final boss? … or appear every once in a while … like it has a thing for the MC and wants to play with them (that sounds weird) or finding that they have the potential to take the original virus in them (also it will control zombies and feed on them if needed) does this sound realistic?

I don’t think there is a “patient zero”, at least in the sense you are talking about.

If you make the vaccine in the first ZE you find out that the virus had already infected Chimps and they had found ways of vaccinating themselves, namely through waiting till an infected was extremely weak then allowing him to bite them.

There are also these lines in the Scientist route in ZE:SH when you ask questions about the patient, Enoch:

“Enoch is one of the very early infected.”

and:

A contingent of American and European researchers went to Japan to study the infected and called these first subjects Abel, after the story in Genesis of the first offspring of Adam in the Garden of Eden. The specimen in the room is a first-generation, um… descendant for lack of a better word.

So if there was an “original” still alive I think they would have tested on it.

1 Like

My version of the “original” is basically a “necromoph” with a normal face so if you played “dead space” you would know how hard it is to contain them so it’s bound to escape eventually … wait a minute … necromophs … oh tentacle zombies! that sounds gross and hard to escape from.
And the original might not be the real first creation but some one who had the potential to carry the first virus since the main area where the virus was first made was bound to be destroyed and the 1st escaped and infected another person who is the one outside while the 1st got caught
How does that sound?

@JimD
Some time ago you talked about pricing options for ze:sh, have you decided on how it will eventually be priced, or will that happen at a later date?

Sounds like it doesn’t matter since the virus didn’t originate in the U.S anyway.

As for it “escaping”, are you going to tell me it kept getting transfered across the globe, including remote uninhabited locations, or that it travelled all that way itself?

2 Likes

saw a tweet or something from him saying he’d release the first set of chapters at chpt5 or something, and this was after he posted that poll so that hints at afew things unless he’s changed his mind since or I’m mistaken.

You are absolutely right about this , I was just trying to give a cool idea for a deadly creature that would actually be dangerous since I am seeing that the zombies in ZE are less threatening that other survivors.
But what I really want to see as a special type are the jumpers/juggernauts(can throw heavy objects at people like cars “basically imagine a pro wrestler as a zombie”)/long limb zombies(fast as one of those race/marathon runners and could catch people easily)/zombies with high intelligence and the ability to command other zombies.
And the MC’s father to appear in later updates like in chapter 3 or 4