Zombie Exodus and Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven Hints and Tips

I didn’t say I want to romance Madison with a collage student. What I meant to say is that now I understand why the romances were easier playing the collage student MC than the teenager MC.

1 Like

And that could be higher… Master level empathy :scream: Those puppy dog eyes would work even on the zombies, right?

10 Likes

My main MC has empathy 7… she’s best friends with half the group and friends with the other half. Maybe we can test if the puppy dog eyes work on Zombie Joe?

9 Likes

It should be an option to add Zombie Joe to the group. Leave it up to high empathy MC to keep him in check xD

8 Likes

Lol, I need that option, forget revenge, forget researching a cure, we’re keeping Joe so we can recruit him. We can let him eat the Silverthornes, right?

4 Likes

But that means you can’t do anything else right? Empathy 7 takes basically all the skill points :thinking:

I think the brain of Zombies had stop functioning :slight_smile: they only react via senses of sound and vibration , empathy won’t wok on them

But Jack will want to “skin” high empathy MC alive , along with the eyes …and produce a high-empathy human jacket to lure more victims to him :slight_smile: that’s scary indeed , better don’t simply rush to any puppy dog eyes and realise it’s just a human-jacket :smile:

2 Likes

Oh, then it’s time for plan “b”… RUN!!!

2 Likes

Hahh… that would require High Athleticism , so making an MC with high Empathy and Athletic will the the perfect balance… either we charm or run …

@Cari-san @SteampunkNinja

Did you guys kill Trisha the zombie ? who trap at the barb wire near the van ? There is no option to free her, but i guess she will be a future test specimen for a cure ?

3 Likes

I’m using the New Game++ option, so I’ve got plenty of skill points. And at least I can take consolation in that my MC would at least make a very stylish jacket.

Nah, I’m sure Joe just needs some compassion, we just need to take all those ropes off him first.

3 Likes

Yeah, I took samples then killed her. It might be a good idea to leave her, but I’m betting someone else will kill her eventually. You also get to take another sample if you kill her.

2 Likes

If I have the nephew with me then I let him kill Trisha if my MC is alone the I don’t bother with her. But if we can kill her then I doub’t she would be more important for the cure than a source for a sample

1 Like

Does anybody know how to wake up for the third shift at the start of chapter 7? Or is missing your shift unavoidable? Kinda sick of everyone hating my character.

1 Like

You need 50 willpower to actually stay awake for a shift, and 60 willpower to stay awake for the entire night. I think it’s so difficult because your character has been awake for basically two days straight.

4 Likes

@SteampunkNinja You have access to the code right? What’s superior with using bare hands combat compare to weapon? And the different in martial art styles? :grinning:

1 Like

Sadly I don’t think hand-to-hand combat gets as much love as everything else. It’s main benefits are that it doesn’t require ammo, and you can never be disarmed. It’s got a disadvantage in that it’s based purely on your skill, while the weapons get bonuses depending on their modifiers and range. The styles mostly seem to be cosmetic, though there is a ton of text written for each style to distinguish them in combat.

Sometimes it can be convenient though, like if you get caught stealing from Thelma’s you can shove the guard away and run. You can also rarely use it for nonlethal combat, such as stopping Gina from killing her friend in Part 1.

6 Likes

My guess for the reason why hand to hand combat is kinda unpopular is purely bc of RPing reasons. Can’t every MC have the same background as Tommy as martial artist. Actually if I look at the professions I see only the obvious martial artist and the soldier ones where it would fit for the MC to know much about hand to hand combat. For all the other professions it could have been something the MC studied as a sport or just as a hobby but that’s it. Even for the Police Officer it seems more fitting imo to use weapons to intimidate people if they have to resort to that.

I doubt that would help rising relationship points with Gina

3 Likes

Thanks guys. The idea of trying bare hands style is now deader than a dead zombie to me :disappointed_relieved:

How not to get robbed while at Thelma’s? Is having Jillian enough?

Nope. You need to build up your homes defenses and (usually) have Woody reinforce them. I’ve found that on most of my runs that picking these three options is enough,:

secure the perimeter
Alarm on the door.
Board up the windows.

Also make sure to repair the damage to your home and board up the entrance.

4 Likes

Actually he doesn’t need to do all that,
just reinforce it, on day 0, then don’t even repair it, when woody comes
over ask him to do it, you will
be good to go.

4 Likes