Zombie Exodus and Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven Hints and Tips

I always use a plus-plus character so is that what you’re using first?

Anyone have any tips on how to get really low mental health? I wanna try getting PTSD without getting my nephew killed.

Have really bad willpower, and never do any relaxing actions. Willpower is used in calculations where it makes you gain less stress and lose more stress. Eating smaller portions would also help, since larger meals helps you lose stress. Don’t pick meditation or listening to music as your hobbies, they increase willpower.

If your stress is above 50 at the start of day 2, or 75 at the start of day 3, you will lose mental health. If it’s above 75 at day 2, or 85 at day 3, you will lose much more.

If mental health is below 50 after the hill battle, you will develop PTSD. It’s not listed in the stat screen though, it’s only effects so far are causing you to run from the van while scouting the area around the hill and causing stress if you have a shootout with the Silverthornes.

3 Likes

…Wait can you develop PTSD if you have delusions? As I know you run from the van if you have delusions, and haven’t had a playthrough with PTSD yet…Hmm I haven’t heard much about it tbh, I wonder if you can get rid of your PTSD if you raise your mental health high enough after getting it?

2 Likes

There are actually three causes to running from the van: PTSD, claustrophobia, and delusions. Each one has it’s own cause. PTSD due to loud noises that remind you of gunshots, claustrophobia due to the confined spaces, and delusions due to hallucinations. 60 willpower will prevent all of them.

2 Likes

Huh, didn’t know that cheers :slight_smile: . I wonder if they stack? Will have to see :stuck_out_tongue: . I played a handyman or what not ages and ages ago and in the prologue when you’re in the lift if you have claustrophobia and a fear of heights you mention both, so wonder if it’s the same deal here? I imagine an mc with all 3 just fainting or something lol.

1 Like

I think you can only get one (un)fortunately. You’ll get claustrophobic if you’re claustrophobic, if not you’ll get delusional, if not you get the PTSD scene

I do feel bad for a character with all 3 though. They’d probably just be crying in the fetal position.

8 Likes

Jeez, just imagining a character with just 2 of those is bad, but all 3? No chance for survival there

3 Likes

Eh, Delusional isn’t too bad, neither is Claustrophobia. Biggest problem is that I think both would stop you from scavenging certain places. PTSD doesn’t do much yet, maybe we’ll see how debilitating it is in part 2 part 2.

It’s probably not the most pleasant lifestyle though.

3 Likes

So I did a run when the nephew dies and I have to say it does packs an emotional gut punch and I wasn’t as ready for it as I thought I’d be.

For those curious about the route but who don’t want to play it here are some spoilers.

I should note The character for this run had very low humanity, was highly cynical, had homicidal tendencies and was leader of the group, having not read the code idk if any of that affects the outcomes any or colors responses so ymmv.

Summary

-You can choose how the nephew’s death makes you feel, ranging from wracked with guilt to feeling nothing. In keeping with the theme of this run I choose to feel nothing which lead to my character questioning whether or not they had any Humanity left.

-You can have an argument with Jamie about your decision to let your nephew fight.

-You can choose to bury your nephew or let Jamie do it.

If you do it yourself here is the text you get:

You grab a shovel and walk just past the edge of camp to the body wrapped in a blanket under a young spruce. He seems much smaller now, wrapped in the thick blanket. At least he’s warm, you think, and immediately realize how silly you sound.

You lift him in your arms. What does he weigh, sixty-five or maybe seventy-five pounds? You carry him forty yards or so into a thick part of the forest and find a spot among some white wildflowers. His favorite color was white. What child’s favorite color is white? Even that was special about him. All those quirks and unique qualities will be buried with him now.

You spend a long time digging a rectangular hole in the base of a tree. After the first foot down, you hit a series of roots too rigid to break or move, forcing you to fill in the hole and start over a few paces away. The next hole practically digs itself, with the soil loose and dry like the forest made this spot for a grave.

Time passes as you dig deeper, and when you strike into harder earth, you stand up for a break. The hole reaches up to your shoulders, so you climb out. As you shift your nephew towards the grave, Parker walks up to the hole and looks across it at your nephew. His eyes grow long, and he makes the sign of the cross.

“I’ll miss him. I know everyone in that camp will miss him, too. The whole world is a bit darker…” His words trail off, and he covers his eyes.

You and Parker each take an end of the body and lower Stevie into his eternal resting place. It takes far less time filling in the hole with two sets of hands. By the end, you sit on the side of the grave to catch your breath. Parker picks the wild, white yarrow flowers and lays them on the mound. A thin sapling stands as a headstone.

You give the grave one last look.

The two of you walk back to camp.

18 Likes

Oh. Thanks, I’m crying now :frowning:

7 Likes

yeah I got that when he dies, but how do I get the PTSD?

You automatically get it if he dies, but there’s no real way to tell in game. If you scout the area around camp and search the van then you can tell if your character gets stressed by loud noises. You can also tell if you start a firefight with the SIlverthornes and you get this text:

The thumping of rapid gunshots warbles in your ears. Flashes of images cascade in your vision: the side of the hill, dozens of infected, survivors fighting, bodies falling, smoke from gunfire. Your ${curr_weapon} feels heavy, and you stop firing. You drop it to the ground and cover your ears, heart pounding. You suck in quick breaths and start to scream. You tumble backwards into a tree and slide down.
You sit like that for a few moments, until the gunfire stops. As you calm down and feel your vision returning to normal, you open your eyes.

4 Likes

Thanks, got it
I got my mental health down to 28 and morality 17, Muhahahahaha
One sick SOB

1 Like

Yes! I got woody to like my male MC! It had to be done in part one. I just let the markovajfieikxbdje Russian people rob me and then was super nice to him. Now I gotta keep his ass from dying :joy:

Edit: Omg I’m dying, this is awkward, cute, and hilarious in equal measures.

5 Likes

I have a playthrough with every profession (including the sub sections like all 3 versions of the Soldier) and every romance both Gay, Straight, and Lesbian and I’m excited to see the differences in them all.

Woody wont die so easily …Lol

I let him continue to be tie up and ask him to wait… then i rush to Check on Jillian :smile: , when i came back , i told Woody it was a strategy because i thought Markarovs were still in the house :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can’t find benton when searching him. What stats do you think you need?

1 Like

I have the same question, I was so confident in my skill cause I had it at 4 and still couldn’t find him

Furthermore i have 80% in ranged weapon and the light assault rifle and couldnt kill him if i aim him first. I retried many times but … can’t end a confrontation with church alive. And i can’t understand how 20 people can’t even manage 3 peoples (as you kill the girl)

1 Like