Zombie apocalypse game that will change the zombie genre forever!

Class3

The end is here. The mother of all zombie outbreaks has hit, and a handful of scattered survivors are fighting tooth and nail to survive. Humanity is on the brink of extinction, and you’re one of the lucky few to still have a pulse. The time has come for you to make a stand and forcibly take back your world from the hordes of roving undead. Will you find and fortify a base, perform daring raids for valuable stores of food and ammunition and rescue other survivors? Or will you take your chances and go it alone? The choice is yours…
‘Class3’ is the code-name for our ambitious zombie-survival open world game, currently under development at Undead Labs for release on Xbox 360 as an Xbox LIVE Arcade title.
We’ve all sat around with friends, debating the best ways to survive the zombie apocalypse. Well, the time for speculation is over; ‘Class3’ will let you put your personal survival plan to the test, on your own or with a friend over Xbox LIVE.
Here’s what you can expect to see in ‘Class3’:

Zombie Survival;
What if society came screeching to a halt? What if all our rules and laws no longer mattered? ‘Class3′ brings these questions to life in a very real way. It’s not just about combat; it’s about doing what you must do to stay alive. Food, water, shelter, and ammo — you’ll need them all. Taking you beyond the initial panic, and beyond the first weeks of the crisis, ‘Class3′ is the embodiment of the “What if?” zombie apocalypse scenario.

Sweet Action;
Move through the world like a zombie-slaying badass. Dive through windows, jump on cars, and take it to the living dead with baseball bats. Hop in a truck and mow down some undead pedestrians. Break into the local police station and clear out their arsenal or walk into the local grocery store to stock up on your favorite junk food. The world is your oyster…a shiny oyster that happens to be filled with zombies.

An Evolving World;
‘Class3’ is an open sandbox world that develops in real-time, dynamically generating content based on your actions, the choices you make, and the ever-increasing zombie threat. Decide where you’d like to set up a fortified safe haven for you and other survivors you’ve rescued, then form raiding parties to gather resources and create supply chains. Use the materials you’ve gathered to develop your community as you see fit, but be careful — resources will deplete as you pillage areas, and zombies are attracted to noise and activity. Take up the offensive by assaulting hordes before they reach your settlement, or focus on improving your defenses against the massed zombie attacks. Every choice and every action matter in this fully simulated, evolving world.

http://undeadlabs.com/class3/

Seriously go and check this out it will be EPIC and this is just a stepping stone to ‘class4’ which will be MMO Xbox exclusive though (lucky me :slight_smile: ) but if you go check it out and wonder why they haven’t said anything for like 3 months it’s because there working crazily hard on it and the person they had (Emily) who updated the site left Undead labs and as it’s only a small team of devs, like less than 15 i think, they haven’t had time to update, but they have NOT gone bust because there being backed by Microsoft’s unlimited amounts of cash lol and they posted on http://www.mmozed.com/forums/ it’s like there unofficial fan-site the other day just to say they where working hard and that there’d be news soon!!

Oh and this is a article from Undead labs art director Doug Williams that he posted on a site on the 14th of june go down to the comments section after you’ve read it thats where he talks about the game more, seriously check it out and check some of his art out it’s beast and the prop alien arm at the top of the article is just crazy .

there’s also a little spycam footage from VERY EARLY pre-alpha gameplay :slight_smile:

http://youtu.be/-W5ZqDzZIQ4

What do you guys think? i think these two games will change the shitty run’n’gun zombie game’s that we get now to that perfect zombie apocalypse survival game that all zombie fans to wants .

Sounds good but I cant play it(I do not need to fear the undead that do not exist again)

(I do not need to fear the undead that do not exist again)

Lol what do you mean ?

When will it be out it sounds awesome!!

They haven’t announced it yet but i would say around Christmas new year sometime around then, but they said this in one of their Q&A’s

Everyone asks: When the hell does the apocalypse begin?

We’re getting there, folks. We’ll tell you as soon as we can. I can tell you that we’re right on schedule, and that you’ll be learning much (much) more about Class3 this spring.
Stay tuned, fellow survivors!

and spring ends on the 21st of june so maybe they’ll announce a release date then I’d say just check the undead labs site from time to time or join the MMOZED forums there’s loads of stuff on there it’s pretty much all about UndeadLabs class3 n class4.

Too bad it’s a console game. Would have been even better if it had been designed for the PC.

When I play zombie games I sometimes get scared so then I want to buy a shotgun then(note I do not know how to shoot)then I will shoot some one or the tv.

@Shoelip no it wouldn’t because then it would of been your standard run of the mill MMO *cough*dead frontier*cough* which its not its being designed for the xbox so will be better on a Xbox as its designed for Xbox ! Btw class3 is the first one thats coming out which will be single-player and 2 player coop online (not split screen bcos Cryengine3 doesn’t support it ) but class4 is The MMOZ there bringing out after which will just be epic and probably next gen :smiley:

@Zach
Ermmmmmmmm ok then :-?

I know it sounds weird but when you seen things just as scary when I was younger(witches that can fly with gaint sicers and want to cut off your head and half-life 2 but zombies was the only thing that I was afraid of) I am lucky

When I saw the discussion title I thought weird teenage drama that stars Vegetarian zombies that sparkle in the daylight.

Twilight really screwed Vampires over.

LOL wich one the movie or the book(and if you did either one tell me about it)

Both.
I don’t want to talk about it. :’(

Is it evil?

Yes…

How evil?

one can only hope all the xbox 360’s break before this game comes out
really would not mind playing this game but cant afford a 360

@Survivalting94 How would being on Xbox make it less standard and run of the mill? Xbox is the epitome of standard and run of the mill. It’s basically just a stripped down 7 year old Dell that can only play games and DVDs that you have to buy the monitor for separately. And you have to pay Microsoft a separate extra fee to play your games online, and the games cost ten bucks more. It’s basically the reason for the current run of generic military first person shooters designed to appeal to idiots who still think PCs are for nerds.

Of course most of that doesn’t really matter. What matters is that the Xbox has 7 year old hardware and 512 mbs of RAM. Whereas the average PC these days tends to have at least four times that amount, and better hardware all around. And they aren’t under the absolute control of Microsoft’s whims.

I got tired of having to upgrade my PC every time a new game I wanted to play came out, just to *possibly* meet the hardware requirements. Consoles are a lot less hassle, and I at least know the games I buy will run perfectly fine on them.

Maybe that’s just me, though…

I’m actually glad it’s being released on 360 and am looking forward to this game. Especially since it has a co-op option. =)

@CS_Closet exactly with the xbox you know that the game’s you buy will run smooth as a mo’fo but on the P.C you can’t guarantee that unless you have a gaming PC which is upwards of £500 whereas now you can get cheap xbox360 for like £100 for something designed for GAMING!

@Shoelip it makes no difference whatsoever weather they have 512mb of RAM or the hardware is 7 years old the game’s will run perfectly on the xbox whereas if i bought a 7 year old computer it would stand no chance of running any xbox game without it having shit graphics or lagging like crazy thats a fact !!
Not only that but how does it only play DVD’s or Games? have you got a Xbox,No you obviously haven’t or you would know that it clearly does pretty much anything you can do on a PC just a hell of lot cheaper and plays games better FACT!!!

@CS_Closet You know, I haven’t upgraded my computer in several years (in fact I recently got a downgrade thanks to a hardware failure) and it still runs modern games just fine with a little toning down graphics (you know, something you can actually do on a PC). Of course it helps that the consoles’ static hardware is holding back the technological advancement of gaming these days so that only the rare PC exclusive really challenges modern PC hardware anymore, unless the port is horribly optimized.

It’s funny how people always talk about how smoothly console games run despite the fact that many of them often have slowdown when things get intense just like an average PC.

Pricewise you pay $200 for the console, and around 1000 bucks for the HD TV, plus the monthly fee for Xbox LIVE, plus 60 dollars for games. Where as with PCs you pay about 700-1000 bucks for the PC, (if you’re splurging) and 200-300 bucks for a nice monitor, you get multiplayer gaming services for just the price of your internet connection, and games cost 50 dollars or less on average plus they’re regularly on sale on digital distribution systems like Steam or Gamer’s Gate for even less. Plus mods. Plus open source software, plus random freeware games that would never have gotten on to Xbox LIVE Arcade because they are too niche (and you have to charge money to get things on there). You can do everything the Xbox can, plus you can even make your own games for your Xbox if you have the skills. Hell, since you probably already bought a HDTV anyway you might as well hook up your PC to it for games and subtract the cost of the monitor. You’ll get better resolution out of it than your console does since most console games run at 720p for some reason.

And heck. This is a forum about PC games, well PC and mobile phone games. Regardless they’re games that, while they could work just fine on consoles, would never be on consoles, since they don’t fit into the consoles’ limited scope.

Really it just comes down to simplicity versus complexity.

Didn’t survivalting say that the game won’t have split-screen and co-op will just be over the internet?