Zeus' Dilemma (WiP - Last Updated 06/14/21)

All the save slots say error bad slot for me. I can get a screenshot if you need one?

3 Likes

Very nice update.
I enjoyed it but it seemed a bit rushed. I think it shows a little that you tried to give a lot of information with little time.
But I liked that we could determine our relationships with the characters.
At first I was a little worried but it works really well.
Also it shows that you know your characters because even though the chapter is jam packed I feel like I know the characters more than just a few interactions.
Also I like that we can pick the genders ( know it’s not new but I want to say it anyway), now I have to romance all of them :thinking:.
Additionally
I love that you give the option for mousy brown hair :heart: I hated my hair colour for so long and now that I love it I really appreciate it that I can pick it for some mcs.

[spoiler]The part where you interact with M and K was a little disruptive for me.
I would have liked the possibility to interact with both.
Like yeah I get it that K is more friendly than M but I tent to play a pretty nice and friendly characters and ignoring K to talk to M felt just so unkind (for my mc at the time, I have to replay as a ares child which is more ruff in my mind) hm … maybe a flirty teasing interaction would be nice .

You know like :Ah I just wanted to see why K had to conjure a storm to isolate all our favourite grump today
*ah you know just wondering if K took to such dramatic measurement as to put you in a storm to shield you from the crowd or the crown from you *
:thinking: but I guess that is maybe a little to familiar …[/spoiler]

Also what is it that let’s you feel unsatisfied with the chapter? Although I would recommend for u, from my experience, that you try to keep writing and if not necessary to rewrite now because it could become a real obstacle when you obsess over getting it right.
You can always rely on your beta testers to help you figure it out when you review it ( I know it’s a pain but it could help you and having a little time between reworking helps :blush:)

Of course you are free to ignore all of my input :blush:

6 Likes

@Goddess Thank you for the update! I’m sorry that you got ill from COVID. I wish you a fast and painless recovery. Health is more important than this. Don’t worry about anything. Get well soon and have a nice day :blush:

5 Likes

I really like the update and I like how we can determine the relationships and I do like the options we are given also definitely didn’t see Rayne Bow being a Goddess

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you caught covid. Hoping you have a fast and easy recovery!

Here are my thoughts!

• Oooh! Chapter headers! They look really nice, both in the white and black backgrounds! What’s the font you used?

• What’s the difference between Intelligence and Sly? This phrase makes me think we’re using our intelligence in order to be deceptive, if that makes sense? Perhaps this could be reworded to be less confusing? Or maybe just a stat explanation somewhere in the stats screen could be useful too.

• Also just noticed how does Manipulative work with Sly? Or how do they work apart from one another? Does Manipulative just affect responses or will it be used in stat checks for the future?

Typo?

• To be honest, I have no idea what medium colored skin looks like. Or what it could mean.
  • This is worded a little oddly. Did they arrive at Olympus at the same time, starved and beaten up? Or something else?
  • I’ve never seen a trash bin be referred to as a Finished bin. The quotation marks around finished made me think it was just a nickname for it.

Also small capitalization error.

• I’d need to check the code, but when you leave after Ajax dismisses you and the crowd, intent on respecting his wish for peace, my MC yelped when he touched her on the shoulder. Is that in response to a high Emotional stat or just a set response? I wouldn’t normally yell, but flinching is definitely on the table.
  • Pronoun shift here.
  • Small typo here. Comma instead of a period.

All in all? Good stuff. Very interesting!

4 Likes

SO sorry you got COVID, glad it is not a bad case but still take care of yourself!

6 Likes

@Isi_Talks Thanks for the feedback! And yes, I was mostly unsatisfied with how rushed I felt everything was. But I also didn’t want it to be boring, so I tried to compromise.
@Mei_Hiroshi @FutbolDude21586 Thanks for the support! I promise, I’ve had worse colds. I think I was mostly not feeling well because I couldn’t leave the house and as such just felt really lazy and unmotivated. However, I do appreciate the sentiment!
@Yalung I’m glad! A lot of people guessed her, so it’s nice to know that some didn’t.
@AChubbyBlackCat Thanks for all the feedback!

More

…could not tell you. Was playing around with figuring out how to add images, but I’ll look into it now.

I read intelligence as book-smart and sly as street-smart. I’ll look into reworking that so it makes more sense, thank you!

I kind of read sly as a mixture of stealthiness and cunning. If you lean more manipulative, you’d use your slyness more in the sense of “cunning” - evading or working around a problem. If you lean more straightforward, you’d use your slyness more in the sense of “stealthiness” - cautiously working towards finding the answer. If any of that makes sense. There won’t be any stats checks for the personality traits, just for the skills.

Sorry, that’s a typo it’s supposed to say medium brown! Fixed it now.

Yep. It’s an almost-yell due to a high emotional stat. Otherwise, you’d j turn.

Thanks again for reading guys!
…why do I use so many exclamation points? Am I that excited or am I just unaware of how else to type? The world may never know.

7 Likes

Cool thanks!

I was wondering why my MC yelled, but then I looked at the stats screen and saw my Emotional was really high and it lightbulb’d for me. :rofl: :bulb:

2 Likes

Damn that sucks, get well soon…
Lol Try to stay safe (as well as you can now
:joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat:)

Damn, that’s awesome…

:roll_eyes::thinking::+1:

Lol ding :star2::star2::bulb:ding

1 Like

Oooh, loved the update! Things are really picking up!

Found some ~

2 Likes

• shaking you • tellll meeee

5 Likes

Same here we code watchers wanna know lol :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Hmm, thought these are all fixed…

Summary

1 Like

I just wanted to say that I really liked the premise and the story so far. One thing I noticed is that the “creative” stat is in the code, but seems to be missing from the stats screen…?

1 Like

Loading an old save sends me to the beginning of the demo while the stats show the progress of the past save.

2 Likes

this happens if the file for the chapter in which the save was made was updated :slight_smile: best course of action is to restart, as playing with “old stats” can cause bugs

2 Likes

I love the little sibling, they’re so sweet, must protect.

4 Likes

The “WHY DO YOU EAT MEAT” choice is both jarring and unnecessary.

Also, can the attributes not change after the intro? I read a book and daydream battle plans all that I can but Intellectual doesn’t increase at all, just like real life :frowning_face:

5 Likes

Uh… My character’ intellectual stat is highest…

1 Like

@Trazen4 Some ways to increase intellectual: Choose Mythology as your favourite class. If you choose the alone path in chapter two, then take a nap; if you choose A’s path, then just go into the study room; if you choose c’s path, then ask about Zeus. If you talk to k and m, choose to deflect the storm, if you don’t talk to them, then choose that you already have all of the plans ready with c. Should get you to the max points with an athena/demeter mc and use intelligence in the first question.
@redfield @clementine @Elemental @Empress_Nightmare Thanks for pointing those out! They’re fixed now!
@SiyuFox Yep! I’m working on making that fit in somewhere, since I only want five personality stats really.

8 Likes