Zatara: City of the Ingenious (Update: 12/25/16)

did someone said Poly possibility ?! :yum:

please confirm this and say there is no forced opposite sex marriage :grin:

from the summary of the story and some comment,i can find this WIP looks interesting (though can’t playtest it at the moment, quite busy with real life :neutral_face: :cry:)

This seems interesting.

I’m curious to see how this will turn out.

Definitely going to turn Zatar into an unliveable, merciless hellhole.Cuz why not?

1 Like

Well when it comes to romances would be the exception. I’d like for the guys to see my mc as a handsome (hopefully), desirable man. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely none! Whatever the ruler says, goes, in this society. They can rule alone, rule with a traditional family, rule with a same-sex harem: nobody really cares, and if they do have strong opinions, it’s safer for them to keep it to themselves.

1 Like

One plus that I can give the story is that it has the potential for a crap ton of interesting lore.

I do hope that there will be more lore in the future.

Sounds great. Clawing your way up the social ladder should be fun.

I don’t see what’s so “fun” about it (for our poor mc’s of course, for us as the readers/players it obviously is). Our mc’s rather poor and under-educated background (I mean no matter our intelligence we struggle to read normal books at the moment, so can you imagine what that means for the heavier academic and governmental stuff, let alone the legalese? :anguished:) means that we start off with no knowledge, relevant skills, or advantages whatsoever and basically have to act like an obedient puppet for our “sponsor(s)” if we want to have any hope of staying alive and if we do “win” it well…we’d be more beholden to them than Hilary ever was to corporate America.
In short at the moment I don’t see how the mc is going to be anything but a prisoner in a gilded cage, even if we do “win”.

True that. :slight_smile:

Okay, more errors in the new update:

When choosing to provide a fake name:

1-candidacy line 539: It is illegal to fall in to an *else statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block
Then again at the hobby part:

1-candidacy line 609: It is illegal to fall out of a *choice statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block.

Assuming the degree of influence our choices have, will it be a balancing game of local and national intrest? It wasnt clear about who the enemies we might make were in terms of position.

Got the same errors and I can’t proceed the story cause of it :frowning:

Time for the friendly reminder.

Please don’t post on a WIP thread that has been inactive for more than 2 weeks.

It’s against the rules.

My bad. Still kinda new to this forum

I have an error when trying to select the option that says MC has suspicions about Ema (it leads to a page that has no way to move forward).

Edit: I’m actually faced with this for both options on the screen😕

Not sure anyone is supposed to be replying to this thread anymore. Vanessa brought it back from obscurity way past the 15 days of tolerance.

1 Like

Author can message any moderator to reopen thread.