YOU Guys should put more games On the Website

For what it’s worth my game “Unnatural” was started in December 2011 under the wip title “Silver Cross”. It’s now January 2013 and I’m just finishing Episode 5.

A COG is a lot of work if you want to make it decent.

@Nocturnal_Stillness What are you thinking as a release schedule? Are you planning on releasing the whole thing at once?

@jasonstevanhill

I was thinking of releasing all at once, but didn’t want to decide until I’d got it all written, so I can get it beta tested enough. I’m hoping to have it all done sometime this year. I should finish Episode 5 this month, then only got episode 6 and the special episode 7.

Once I’ve got the first draft of all six episodes. I’ll contact you officially and we can discuss what is best :slight_smile:

@Noctural_Stillness I can’t WAIT!

@trollhunterthethird

Ahhhh expectations, the bane of a writer lol Hopefully I won’t let you down :slight_smile:

Inspiration is fickle and spiteful. At first you think managing inspiration will be fine, you’ll be able to power through, you have plenty of ideas. Then you find you’re spending weeks trying to get this one scene done that you just can’t get right, and inspiration has decided to grant you a neat idea for a scene that you have no idea how to grant context to and is not the one you need to get done.

“Inspiration does not beget discipline; discipline begets inspiration.”

Hence my own issues with my game. I’ve always had problems concentrating on anything for more than a few minutes.

@fantom

I used to have that problem. The best way I dealt with it was to treat it like a job.

Set a fixed time for writing/coding. Make sure to take a break to refresh your mind.

On that note, it’s a good idea to be clear about what your game is about. That way you can create an outline. If you ever get stuck, just refer to the outline and start working on whatever takes your fancy.

It doesn’t have to be a lot. Even a little bit of writing/coding can accumulate over the days/weeks/months until you end up with a complete first draft.

It can be difficult to start but once you stick with it, it ends up becoming a habit.

Hmm, I never treat it as a job. But that’s mainly because I write for enjoyment. In fact my writing reflects my mood, so I allow that to dictate the work I do. If I was to force the issue it wouldn’t be as good.

If it’s any help @fantom I’ve been slogging away at a mere story concept for over 8 years and still haven’t got much to show for it :wink:

@RVallant

Well, that happens if you view it negatively. Nothing wrong with writing for enjoyment and I don’t see how you can’t do same with treating it as a job? By that - I mean actually take some time out of your daily day and just start writing and coding.

I like to think of it as an awesome job because I am working on something that I enjoy creating. Give that mindset a try. It’s worth it. Might do wonders for your productively!

And there’s nothing stopping you from thinking about the cool things you want to do in terms of story-telling which ends up getting you excited to write when it’s time for it.

And with moods, yes, it can be great when you’re in the correct mood but even if you’re not happy with what you wrote - There’s always rewriting and editing later on to fix that.

And that’s enough for now. Excuse my ramblings!

@RVallant For me, I do stuff for when I’m in the mood. If I’m not in the mood for it. I just don’t do it. If you do something you have to, it will show in your writing. So enjoy every letter you type! (Unless you want to).

Mhmm yup.

You comment made me think of Yoghurt for some reason

XFD O_o

What am I sounding like the girl out of the yoghurt adverts or something? mmm danone! >.<

@trollhunterthethird

I respect that. Nothing wrong with working that way - let me stress that.

The issue comes from when you’re working on something complex and lengthy. Art, writing or any creative endeavour. You need at least some way of making daily progress on your creation. For example, if I wanted to write when the mood struck me, I write a short story to get it out of my system.

You can always polish your creation and edit it until it’s close to perfection as possible before you can say that is enough.

@Marius I just take a walk, don’t know why it just helps. And for I second I thought your User-name said Mario. And I was all like :‘Whoop whoop Super Mario’ I think I need to take a walk, I am thinking random things today.

@Trollhunter, I think you need to read words more completely! xD

@Happy You’re right, I need a holiday.

i would wright a choice game but im afraid it wont bes good enough
i love playing all the games i have plaed all the games on the main page and most of the sneak peaks