Y U G E N 幽玄 [Demo - 21/09/2017] - Updated

Hmm… why not throw in a Buddhist monk as a rival?

I’m already trying to be as much like Miroku as I can.

2 Likes

There’s a reason the Pint-Sized Powerhouse trope exists. Also, if you think that’s a small oni, check out Rajyaki from Muramasa Rebirth. In her default form she’s probably not much taller than 3 and a half feet.

I like big strong girls tho.

1 Like

Can the Iga Tengu beat the shit out of a Koga Tengu as a nod to modern interpretation?

Also yato no kami please.

Well… Rajyaki does have a Hulk-sized full power form…

Hold the phone… when is YUGEN set, and when did ninja become a thing? My (admittedly poor) understanding was that onmyōji were at their height in the Heinan period, and that ninja came along at some point afterwards - but please, correct me if I’m wrong.

Can you be bisexual in the game? :frowning: Do I have to just stare at the candle or something… because that sounds like an ace option. Dang it, I really liked this.

Without any warning, I was pulled into an embrace from behind. I would feel the foreign body heat slowly invading my space. “Good to see you back in one piece!” Jet black locks were swaying all over my face, obstructing my vision. There was only one person who’s was aloof enough to treat me in such an intimate matter----

Aloof means the complete opposite of that. I know because I get described as aloof and I don’t hug glomp attack people like a savage.

4 Likes

Well we don’t know what time period the game is set in. Although we do know that the game definitely take place long after the death of Abe no Seimei (1005), I remember there’s a line somewhere in the game that said that. The history of ninja is kinda hard to track, but we do know that the Iga province became independence during the early Muromachi period (~1300s). Since ninjas were originally militia peasant warriors, they could have been formed during that time. Though there were spies and assassins long before the term shinobi/ninja was used for them.

1 Like

This is still a work of fiction so a little historical inconsistency really doesn’t matter. If @Ros_e wants to put in ninjas or pirates or ninja-pirates more power to them.

1 Like

Literally just Okami the shit up of this. Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot Plague Demon Sword Men. Stick some Japanese symbols on it and call it Moon-magic and there you have it, acceptable.

3 Likes

Moon magic? Advanced magitek aside, the Moon Kingdom from Okami that Waka hails from was a reference to The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter. That said, it would be cool to see elements of Japanese folktales woven into the narrative, possibly in future instalments - provided there are any.

1 Like

The Moon Kingdom did exist in the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter. Kaguya-hime is also in Okami, lest you forget. It’s just… Okami doesn’t really give a crap what’s mythology or what’s fable. Everything’s game.

1 Like

I played it and this is super awesome.

2 Likes

I’m not too familiar with The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, except that it’s about a girl born from a bamboo shoot and that she’s supposed to be from the moon or something like that. The only work of Japanese historical fiction that I’m familiar with is Genji Monogatari

Haruki is so adorable

7 Likes

That’s more or less correct. Said girl’s name is Princess Kaguya, and IIRC it’s one of the oldest folktales in Japan.

1 Like

Quite well written. I was in tears about the mother :frowning: please continue the story!

5 Likes

Vhas is dis bull!?

#I vill live FOREVER!

2 Likes

no one lives forever, that’s my opinion on life and with the stupid things I do it mine will most likely end soon :expressionless:

6 Likes

I’m already in love with this. OH MY GOSH, I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS STORY. I CANNOT.

3 Likes