Y U G E N 幽玄 [Demo - 21/09/2017] - Updated

The way I see it is, I’m the one risking my neck for them so their power should be mine. What I choose to do with it after should my choice, I’m assuming they would make magic abilities even more powerful them more shards collected. With enough of them I could do anything from changing the system they have in place becoming Empress. That’s assuming that’s how they work. With great power can come great change, or something like that.

1 Like

Empress? With immortality and (assuming that’s how the jewel works) that level of power, the MC could become a deity!

1 Like

All my MC wants is to exact revenge on the empire and then go back to a normal lifestyle away from everything. Screw divinity, life is hard enough as is without having to worry about the balance of the cosmos and dealing with all sorts of crap gods do.

1 Like

I love this game makes me feel like i’m in Inuyasha or Kekkaishi :grin:

2 Likes

I was just throwing out examples of things that could happen. I’m guessing that gaining the power of a deity would require the whole jewel tho.

1 Like

awesome story.
will eagerly await updates.
Hopefully we get the chance to overthrow the imperials and become the emperor/empress! Mwuhahahaha!!!

Everyone want to be emperor/Empress :slight_smile: I rather be a barbarian subduing Shogun, more power and less bothersome ceremonies ecksdee

1 Like

oh this is fun i love this! totally gives off anime vibes like your last work and i love the setting. like others said, this gives off inuyasha and nurarihyon no mago vibes lol (while caught in a reverie reminds me of the persona franchise)

i like daisetsu but tbh i personally prefer isamu! well, i’m probably just being biased 'coz he’s the one i want to romance the most but… i think having someone who already knows the MC from their “past” life would be better. and lol like as said earlier in the thread, daisetsu is kinda reminiscent of anime NPCs who are new and instantly get killed.

either way, i love YUGEN! keep up the good work!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::fist:

4 Likes

I think I will romance the female kitsune. Unless there is someone I like more. But right now its female Inuyasha I think.

edit: pictures are fun

or lady Sesshomaru

Honestly I’m picturing her looking more like Sesshomaru.

6 Likes

Wow,love the new character sketch up there :heart_eyes:
(The female kitsune remind me of tsubasa)

I think Sesshomaru is a dog demon but your point still stands that’s how the female kitsune will probably look like.

I know but I picture her looking similar.

1 Like

14 Likes

Yeah I saw that, but I picture her a bit differently.

For my MC… Vengeance, yes. Normal life, no. Her mother was her normal life, and with that gone she has nothing except her job, Hakura, and her secret desire to make the ones who ruined her life pay to keep her going.

I see many MCs are swaying towards vengence ~

3 Likes

The Emperor and his lackey kidnapped the MC, killed their mother, send them on missions that will probably kill them and send a jailor to kill them if they try to escape the Emperor’s grasp.
It is a pretty normal reaction to want revenge.

4 Likes

!!! Yokai + Historical Japan?! I’m following this for sure!

• I do have to ask however, did you make the logo and illustration yourself? :smiley: illustrations are super cute / handsome ! the logo I do have to say that the drop shadow could be a little lighter as the kanji for the first character is hard to see.

also for name selection: Yuki (幸) - Happiness
I believe Yuki is 雪 - snow / purity
幸 should mean fortune / luck

3 Likes

Yuki can be written as either 幸 or 雪 c: I’m a native Japanese hehehe

8 Likes

Woah! I learned something new! - Wikipedia needs to update!