Y U G E N 幽玄 [Demo - 21/09/2017] - Updated

@Ros_e I like having honorifics, since it’s such an integral part of the language. I feels like you would lose a HUGE (or yuge if you’re donald trump) part of the context without the honorifics. Also can we romance the Jorogumo? It’s not a rokurokubi but I like spiders too xd

1 Like

Ooh… if it bites the MC will they be able to crawl on walls and shoot webbing from their wrists? :laughing:

2 Likes

Updated ~

• Previously 5.9k words, now 16,5k words.

Enjoy~~~~ Passed quicktest, so I hope there’s no errors in that part xD

I agree completely with that C: So be prepared for all the -san, -chan, -sama, -dono, -kun. xD

Tsk tsk tsk tsk xD we’ll see

13 Likes

I didn’t find any errors, but it is always possible that I missed them.

That aside, keep up the good work.

1 Like

Should be allowed instead of allow here:

Demo looks really good so far. I’m eagerly awaiting more.

1 Like

What happened to those who were captured? I wasn’t true. But the adults here used the term “Military dog” to describe them, I didn’t understood what they meant, come on, I was only 4.

Should be:

What happened to those who was captured? I wasn’t sure. But the adults here used the term “Military dog” to describe them, I didn’t understand what they meant, come on, I was only 4.

2 years went by in a blink of an eye, I watch my mother tend to her duties and work most of the time. I still wasn’t allow to go outside without her accompanying me, she wouldn’t allow that. Her long dark hair and pale white skin were the envy of the town’s women, and I was blessed with those features as well.

wasn’t allowed

Having not much to do at home, I mostly ended up running errands with her. I didn’t had friends or children my age to play with, mother was careful to not let me have too much interaction with others. I wished I could have understood her intentions back then.

have
a mother
not to let

2 Likes

What happened to those who was captured?

Shouldn’t it actually be “those who were captured”?

3 Likes

correct! lol grammar gotta catch em all!

“a mother” sounds weird as well. “My mother” would be much better, but imo just “mother” is good too? Not sure why you’d add “a” when it’s obvious it’s about MC’s mother, who is very much specified.

2 Likes

I mean it’s like people.

People was angry.
People were angry.
Both are correct,

And using “who was captured” would indicate only 1 person was captured x’D when I meant a bunch of them were captured.

yes, mother itself suffices xD

2 Likes

Huh, I’d never imagine the first form is correct. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered it and it sounds REALLY weird to me, but I’m not a native speaker so I might be wrong.

I mean, you say “people are”, not “people is”, so why would you say “people was”? “People were” makes much more sense to me.

“People” is generally a plural noun. Person, however is single. “People” is a collective noun, in that context, my sentence mean a lot of people, “Those who were captured.”

I did use who were though xD hahaha but @Pace675 saying who was can be right in another context

Mother is missing a determiner before it, you should add an article before it.

Partially true:

Then you would use whom in lieu of who.

But wouldn’t that make “Hello mother.” become “Hello a mother?” D:

1 Like

Lol nope, not in this instance, you have a noun and a verb, but with complex sentences, things can get tricky. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But it just sounds way too weird to be correct. It changes the sentence to some psychological statement, like “a mother needs to know her child’s strenghts” or something like that. Doesn’t fit at all.

1 Like

“Those who fought in the war were …”

Those already indicating plural.

A mother does need to know about that. Mother does need to know that. Both in this are perfectly correct now let’s look at @Ros_e 's sentence.

Having not much to do at home, I mostly ended up running errands with her. I didn’t had friends or children my age to play with, mother was careful to not let me have too much interaction with others. I wished I could have understood her intentions back then.

An article (a, an, or the) is a type of determiner. Possessive adjectives (my, his, our), possessive nouns (Joe’s, mother’s), and quantifiers (each, every) are also determiners. Single countable nouns usually require a determiner.

1 Like

whom

(20 characters)

1 Like

The public bath was just a few halls down, I quietly moved out the room, leaving the little Tanuki behind. She finally spend all his energy, and just wanted to take a nap.

Change his too her

2 Likes