Y U G E N 幽玄 [Demo - 21/09/2017] - Updated

I think I’ll never understand the appeal of a yandere… the feeling of liking a character and then discovering that they are crazy… * shudders * :confounded:

3 Likes

Who’s going to be the tsun I wonder

I think getting into a relationship with a Kitsune is pretty dangerous since a lot of people see them as evil, manipulative spirits and want to kill them…But that’s why it’s so fun :wink:.

(BTW, I am not being dirty minded, I mean fun as in constantly running away and being caught up in massive battles for survival)

2 Likes

I though that the only mythical fox that was always depicted as bad was the gumiho (korean version). But it depends on the author, in Hiiro no Kakera 4 the kitsune is extremely clingy and protective.

1 Like

Kitsune aren’t really evil, most are just a bit mischievous. Though, just like people, there are bad kitsune and good kitsune. An example of a good one would be Kuzunoha and a bad one would be Tamamo-no-Mae

2 Likes

Never heard of this. Is it a novel book, anime or manga? Sorry, I’m a bit obsessive about Kitsune, I’m dressing up as one for Halloween :jack_o_lantern: :smile:

It was originally a series of otome games named Hiiro no Kakera/Scarlet Fragments, there’s an anime too.

I only played the 4th one 'cause it’s free on Google Play. I didn’t even finish the game (the MC is dumb) and I can’t talk about the other 3 games (I didn’t play them) and the anime (I didn’t watch).

3 Likes

Okay, thank you fir the insight :smile:

Wouldn’t that also depend on the version of the myth? I’ve read there’s some versions where Tamamo-no-Mae was blackmailed and used as a scapegoat.

1 Like

There are multiple versions of the myth, but I believes that most still consider her to be evil and I think the general accepted version is of her being evil. My theory is that the stories portraiting her as not evil might have been people romanticizing the myth long after the original myth became popular

1 Like

That could be the case, or possibly it’s the other way around considering versions of the myth from the Edo Period conflated Tamamo-no-Mae with similar Chinese legends pertaining to evil Emperor-corrupting huli jing (chiefly Daji) and even a Hindu legend about a rakshasa with a similar MO, claiming they were all the work of a single evil kitsune.

Yeah but I think even in the original myth written in the Muromachi period, she was already fairly evil. Iirc inbthe original she was a kitsune disguised as a courtesan to manipulate the emperor. Then people added a bunch of other stuffs into her myth in the Edo period, cause people had wayyyy too much free time in the Edo period

Do you want me to spoil you or? xD You might be right but you might be wrong.

@Asura

Nope, daddy dearest is not a yokai.

2 Likes

Sure! Spoil away, if you want to.

Something just occurred to me. Our PC is given the name Miyamoto. Are we related to Miyamoto Musashi? (Cuz that would be cool). Or am I just looking too far into this?:sweat_smile:

1 Like

While it would be cool, I doubt it since the narration specifies the surname was given to the MC upon their abduction and introduction to the palace.

One can dream :smiley:(Stupid character limit).

All this talk about kitsune is making me hungry
http://a.ctimg.net/VLPAvyYDTfmOTAbIBDvqwA/guest-post-and-kitsune-udon.jpg

3 Likes

How is talking about Kitsune’s making u hungry

1 Like

the picture I posted is a bowl of kitsune udon. Haruka/ki’s fans can have the tanuki soba

3 Likes